Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:16:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the best blockchain application you see in the market right now?  (Read 98 times)
KillerQueenz (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 06:29:20 AM

My vote goes to Asset Management: Trade Processing and Settlement

Since traditional trade processes within asset management (where parties trade and manage assets) can be expensive and risky, particularly when it comes to cross-border transactions. Each party in the process, such as broker, custodian, or the settlement manager, keeps their own records which create significant inefficiencies and room for error. The blockchain ledger reduces error by encrypting the records. At the same time, the ledger simplifies the process, while canceling the need for intermediaries.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 2148

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 02:47:04 PM

My vote goes to Asset Management: Trade Processing and Settlement

Since traditional trade processes within asset management (where parties trade and manage assets) can be expensive and risky, particularly when it comes to cross-border transactions. Each party in the process, such as broker, custodian, or the settlement manager, keeps their own records which create significant inefficiencies and room for error. The blockchain ledger reduces error by encrypting the records. At the same time, the ledger simplifies the process, while canceling the need for intermediaries.

And what are you going to do when someone hacks your wallet and steals your assets? Or if you lose your wallet backups? If your answer is "nothing", then no government ever would approve such system, and without governments approval these blockchain assets won't have any legal power. And if you'll try to solve those problems, you will end up introducing those third parties right back.
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 03:15:44 PM

And what are you going to do when someone hacks your wallet and steals your assets? Or if you lose your wallet backups? If your answer is "nothing"

I would say if your answer is "nothing", then you aren't clearly educated enough about Cryptos or computers. There are certain measures which can be taken to prevent these. Only the uneducated get hacked and only the Lazies lose their backups. These aren't even a technical issue but rather User ones.

Anyway, my vote goes to Decentralized Computing/Cloud storage. Projects like Golem and Storj are some of the best applications of Blockchain I have seen/used.
KillerQueenz (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 15, 2019, 09:27:51 AM

Always wonder how Decentralized Computing/Cloud storage works? is it like a read-only doc on cloud drive ?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: