Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:43:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dorian's legal statement regarding Newsweek report of being Satoshi  (Read 2840 times)
CoinLearn (OP)

Activity: 329
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:05:29 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 05:52:09 PM by CoinLearn

Source: http://techcrunch.com/2014/03/17/dorian-satoshi-nakamoto-denies-having-created-bitcoin-says-hes-not-been-coding-for-over-a-decade/

_______________________________________________________________________________ _____________
www.CoinLearn.org - Learn and Earn Free Bitcoins
bitcoinnewshk

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 02:12:26 PM

It is really bad to affect his family.  Angry
indeed

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:01:57 PM

I think it's time the very thing that has caused disruption in this mans life should come full circle and help him. If we could setup or arrange a legitimate btc account for this guy, would be nice if the community would throw a bunch of btc at him for his troubles. I know I would.
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:06:38 PM

I think it's time the very thing that has caused disruption in this mans life should come full circle and help him. If we could setup or arrange a legitimate btc account for this guy, would be nice if the community would throw a bunch of btc at him for his troubles. I know I would.

You mean the fundraiser by Andreas M. Antonopolous that has already gathered 46 BTC?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1ztjmg/andreas_im_fundraising_for_dorian_nakamoto/
Predatorian

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:07:32 PM

That was really sucks what newsweek done with this poor guy, i hope they gonna give him some recompensation and clear he's name etc.

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:04:07 PM

Sorry for not going by the trend of denying Dorian to be Satoshi. Me too is a supporter of Satoshi staying anonymous. But a Q is haunting me...

Dorian claims he had to cut off internet for financial condition. But then, how did he continue his train collecting passion, where he has to import it from different country ?

Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:11:26 PM

Sorry for not going by the trend of denying Dorian to be Satoshi. Me too is a supporter of Satoshi staying anonymous. But a Q is haunting me...

Dorian claims he had to cut off internet for financial condition. But then, how did he continue his train collecting passion, where he has to import it from different country ?
Public libraries, places with free wifi, internet cafes, ...

Plenty of options that are cheaper for occasional internet access than having a fixed line.
BitCoinDream
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:28:09 PM

Newsweek has responded...

Newsweek has not received any statement or letter from either Mr. Nakamoto or his legal counsel. If and when we do, we will respond as necessary.

Source: https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/445606231479025665

natoshisakamoto

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 08:51:14 PM

In a way, the Blockchain is like a train that keeps adding cars, each one filled with a set of transactions.

Not saying Dorian invented it (I'm on the fence), but thinking about model trains has helped me imagine how someone might approach inventing something like the Blockchain.

Out of curiosity, if he's lying about not being involved (hypothetically speaking), are there any legal repercussions for him making a public statement that is completely deceptive?

Seems like someone could deny something without technically breaking the law, so I'm not convinced by the legal letter, by itself, although some of the other arguments showing why he's not the guy (like Mike Hearn's post) are very convincing.

Also, everyone seems to assume that it's a binary question, that Dorian either WAS or WASN'T Satoshi, but it seems very possible to me that SN was a cadre of people working on the issue, and Dorian was just one member of a team of people.

Personally, if I was the guy who invented it, I'd very much like to have someone else write the paper!
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:52:22 PM

Air Traffic Control programmer, so he has the skills.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
Coinster

Activity: 222
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:06:14 PM

Out of curiosity, if he's lying about not being involved (hypothetically speaking), are there any legal repercussions for him making a public statement that is completely deceptive?

I asked myself that same thing! I'm not a lawyer but I don't think there can be any legal repercussion.

To get in trouble for blatantly lying in public, when not under oath, it has to affect someone else directly. So, for example, you can't commit libel/slander which is defamation of someone (actually might apply to Newsweek against Dorian).
BitCoinDream
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:46:00 AM

What is most disturbing here is that this identity confusion has disturbed his personal life.

ov

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:18:47 PM

I thought everybody already agreed it was Nick Szabo. When did this change? What is Nick's initials backwards?
natoshisakamoto

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 03:29:57 PM

Maybe I'm an optimist, but I feel that in the long run, this will be a positive thing for Dorian.

It's clear he's had some tension in his life, and some difficulty relating to people, and now he has a community of thousands of people that have affection for him, regardless of whether he's the "real Satoshi" or not.

The positive vibes of thousands of people being directed at a man with a difficult life can't help but be a good thing, in the long run, in my opinion.
BitCoinDream
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:36:07 PM

Maybe I'm an optimist, but I feel that in the long run, this will be a positive thing for Dorian.

It's clear he's had some tension in his life, and some difficulty relating to people, and now he has a community of thousands of people that have affection for him, regardless of whether he's the "real Satoshi" or not.

The positive vibes of thousands of people being directed at a man with a difficult life can't help but be a good thing, in the long run, in my opinion.

This is reality. I wish the donations actually reaches his hand and he actually accepts them !!!

CoinLearn (OP)

Activity: 329
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:08:52 PM

Newsweek has now moved their eye from Satoshi to Malaysian flight.

https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/446648821804580864

Seems controversy is what they like...
freequant

Activity: 770

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:25:40 PM

I asked myself that same thing! I'm not a lawyer but I don't think there can be any legal repercussion.

To get in trouble for blatantly lying in public, when not under oath, it has to affect someone else directly. So, for example, you can't commit libel/slander which is defamation of someone (actually might apply to Newsweek against Dorian).
Politicians are lying all day long, and they are doing just fine.
ryanmnercer

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 03:42:05 PM

It's. Not. Him. I don't know why people keep talking about it, the dude just wants to get back to his life so honor that and stop bringing him up.

Buy peptides with BTC
Jcw188

Activity: 546

Carpe Diem

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:56:56 PM

Newsweek has apparently gone the way of US Magazine and the Enquirer etc.    I haven't read the Newsweek article but I see he has legal counsel.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him sue Newsweek particularly if it really has hurt his job search.  However 46 Bitcoin may help him find a little light from his experience!

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 04:47:38 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 05:04:18 PM by Lethn

Newsweek has responded...

Newsweek has not received any statement or letter from either Mr. Nakamoto or his legal counsel. If and when we do, we will respond as necessary.

Source: https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/445606231479025665

If this isn't prove that these guys are total cunts I don't know what is, the least they could do is apologise, but I suspect they're another of these news organisations that think they're doing 'gods' work by stalking and harassing people.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: