Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 3klost  (Read 254 times)
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 12:21:25 AM

If the deal is done in p2p way without any centralized platform, then I can say there's nothing to do with that. The scammer is probably an experienced scammer since he let your friend believe on what he's chatting since like you said they've been chatting a lot. I'm sure he/she's using a vpn or anything that hide's personal data/ip and you/your friend can't do anything about that.

The only thing he can do is make it a lesson for him, that don't trust anyone online without verifying it and/or using a trusted third party.

3k usd/usdt is not small amount, I wonder what the deal is, or something need to buy or just an investment or similar.

Herbert_kopf (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 07:58:16 AM

If the deal is done in p2p way without any centralized platform, then I can say there's nothing to do with that. The scammer is probably an experienced scammer since he let your friend believe on what he's chatting since like you said they've been chatting a lot. I'm sure he/she's using a vpn or anything that hide's personal data/ip and you/your friend can't do anything about that.

The only thing he can do is make it a lesson for him, that don't trust anyone online without verifying it and/or using a trusted third party.

3k usd/usdt is not small amount, I wonder what the deal is, or something need to buy or just an investment or similar.

that's also what I ve though that's why I posted here
Ye, Asian scammer acted like very trustworthy and he wasn't in hurry at all, always he say no problem I can wist you and similar
He was not investing
He was about to buy amazon items like phones and so by discounted prices
iwillweb

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 08:03:00 AM

you shouldn't use large amounts of money to pay in cryptocurrency.  In such cases, only the law can help. But the cryptocurrency is so innovative that it is not controlled by many laws
Herbert_kopf (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 09:11:35 AM

you shouldn't use large amounts of money to pay in cryptocurrency.  In such cases, only the law can help. But the cryptocurrency is so innovative that it is not controlled by many laws

well the payment that seller/scammer was accepting was only crypto
BitcoinsGreat

Activity: 994
Merit: 280

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 04:45:40 PM

Did you happen to get any clue of scammer. Its been few days and may people have suggested a few things but none of the method or way is there which can take you to the scammers. Do let us know what is your progress on the recovery of the money or you're still standing on the same position ?
UNOE

Activity: 791
Merit: 271

This is personal

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 04:57:35 PM

Dependent on where the person who sent the cryptocurrency and where the recipient also lives, they can claim a dispute to recover their payment in usdt back.
If both live in a cryptofriendly country such as Luxembourg, Malta or Estonia then going to the proper authorities for filing a complaint can be done.

BitcoinsGreat

Activity: 994
Merit: 280

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 06:23:25 PM

you shouldn't use large amounts of money to pay in cryptocurrency.  In such cases, only the law can help. But the cryptocurrency is so innovative that it is not controlled by many laws

Dependent on where the person who sent the cryptocurrency and where the recipient also lives, they can claim a dispute to recover their payment in usdt back.
If both live in a cryptofriendly country such as Luxembourg, Malta or Estonia then going to the proper authorities for filing a complaint can be done.

You should read the OP post again where he already told that buyer is from USA and seller is somewhere from Asia.

He's from USA and seller is probably from Asia
Herbert_kopf (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 10:10:31 PM

thanks for your answer. Already he has filled a claim so let's see but I doubt he can do anything
Already spoken with lawyer, too low chances
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: