Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:12:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Failure!🎬 StrongU STU-U6 dash coin miner review.  (Read 1698 times)
Monster Jaday

Activity: 204
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 03:59:42 PM

I got two U6 and both have the same problem - when mining, the frequency does not rise above 320 MHz. At the same time, consumption is 1400 watts and a speed of 140Gh. I got two D5 for $ 4000.  Cry
I don’t understand what could be the problem.  Huh

Dont you use it in extremly cold or hot conditions?
What Is the chip temperature? My are around 70°C
Ambient temperature + 5 - +10°C. Chip temperature 41 - 43 °C

Try to give it into 20-25°C cos of for example obelisk SC1 was too cold and it runs for 60% of expected hashrate.
I tried to install one ASIC in the box, but after 30 minutes of operation it turned off due to overheating of the chips. The frequency also remained a maximum of 320 MHz.
tw0rak

Activity: 600
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 04:02:59 PM

I got two U6 and both have the same problem - when mining, the frequency does not rise above 320 MHz. At the same time, consumption is 1400 watts and a speed of 140Gh. I got two D5 for $ 4000.  Cry

Try to give it into 20-25°C cos of for example obelisk SC1 was too cold and it runs for 60% of expected hashrate.
I tried to install one ASIC in the box, but after 30 minutes of operation it turned off due to overheating of the chips. The frequency also remained a maximum of 320 MHz.

Weird, and you have 2 machines and both do the same? I have 3 pcs and all have the same freq 550mhz but 2 of it takes 2200W and 1 of it takes just 1900W - with same hashrate and all the other results...

So sorry for that, it was just my hope its the same as the Obelisk.
Monster Jaday

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 04:13:00 PM

Weird, and you have 2 machines and both do the same? I have 3 pcs and all have the same freq 550mhz but 2 of it takes 2200W and 1 of it takes just 1900W - with same hashrate and all the other results...

Yes, both are the same. I tried many different options. It’s bad that there is no way to view logs in the firmware.
tw0rak

Activity: 600
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 27, 2020, 04:22:17 PM

Yes, both are the same. I tried many different options. It’s bad that there is no way to view the logs in the firmware.

Ill still count it as a temperature problem.
Yes absolutely no LOG and thats a big problem, hope for new firmware soon.
Only thing you can do is in that Debug window give there for example number 1 and press that blue button (use on your own risk), nobody know what this does but this fixed one of the miners for me.
mineshop.eu (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 406
Merit: 57

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2020, 09:33:39 AM

Yes, both are the same. I tried many different options. It’s bad that there is no way to view logs in the firmware.

I seen someone updated to latest firmware and got less speed about 320 mh/s , did you try older firmware. I see current latest available is v1.7

Monster Jaday

View Profile
January 29, 2020, 10:23:02 AM

I seen someone updated to latest firmware and got less speed about 320 mh/s , did you try older firmware. I see current latest available is v1.7

Both ASICs had the old firmware from November 1. I updated one ASIC with new firmware from November 25 - it did not help.
bcn2048

Activity: 104

View Profile
February 12, 2020, 05:29:08 PM

hi all

just found this strongu u6 firmware link from cryptominerbros.com, version is 1.8 while offical firmware is v1.7

https://www.cryptominerbros.com/strongu-u6-problems-and-solutions-strongu-u6-firmware/

can someone comfirm cryptominerbros.com is legit ?

regards
mineshop.eu (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2020, 10:20:11 PM

hi all

just found this strongu u6 firmware link from cryptominerbros.com, version is 1.8 while offical firmware is v1.7

https://www.cryptominerbros.com/strongu-u6-problems-and-solutions-strongu-u6-firmware/

can someone comfirm cryptominerbros.com is legit ?

regards

I wouldn't try to download something that claims to be official firmware but official firmware of strongu is older version. By looking at it looks like a scam.

bcn2048

View Profile
February 13, 2020, 06:51:01 PM

according to strongu webpage they are official resellers

https://strongu.com.cn/Home/index

extracted 1.8 image is much alike as 1.7, same structure and pasword protected system.tar.gz file (like 1.7)

kaspersky checked file - no threats detected
bcn2048

View Profile
February 13, 2020, 09:20:23 PM

Couldn't resist and installed it, average hashrate showes some suspicious high numbers, which are not likely true

will check it tomorrow if there is any difference in mining pool's hashrate

https://imgur.com/a/qMYyURc
mineshop.eu (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2020, 11:54:49 AM

Couldn't resist and installed it, average hashrate showes some suspicious high numbers, which are not likely true

will check it tomorrow if there is any difference in mining pool's hashrate

Can you share pools hash-rate, Man i hate to see these pictures when they look to good to be true  Grin

bcn2048

View Profile
February 14, 2020, 03:27:06 PM

I switched to nicehash, numbers are (unfortunatelly) same as before, no change at all  Sad

I have added screenshots showing max and min avg hashrate in 17 hours

https://imgur.com/a/NtomIlz

https://imgur.com/a/zOgfak3

https://imgur.com/a/paw90gb
mineshop.eu (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2020, 12:11:27 PM

I switched to nicehash, numbers are (unfortunatelly) same as before, no change at all  Sad

Cool thank you very much.

bcn2048

View Profile
February 22, 2020, 05:24:40 PM

https://imgur.com/a/NtomIlz

https://imgur.com/a/zOgfak3

https://imgur.com/a/paw90gb

Cool thank you very much.

it seems that this miner just dont like temp. over 50 degrees, in first test fans were moving at 100% to keep temperatures below 50,
I transferred miner to the original colder place where it was before and run tests again, here are the results:

original V1.7 firmware on nicehash
https://imgur.com/a/Wgw24hQ

new V1.8 firmware
https://imgur.com/a/nU1TpAV

strong u6 v1.8 hashrate on nicehash
https://imgur.com/a/CMRuKkl

difference is more than 20 GHs and so far no problems, but there could be in the summer
mineshop.eu (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2020, 12:55:29 PM

original V1.7 firmware on nicehash

new V1.8 firmware

strong u6 v1.8 hashrate on nicehash

difference is more than 20 GHs and so far no problems, but there could be in the summer

Have you measured the power usage difference . I assume it uses lot more power then if generating more heat.
Manufacturer website still only firmware V1.7

bcn2048

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 07:10:03 PM

thanks for reminding me, didn't thought about that  Smiley
just took a photo, consumption is even slightly less then before, ambient temperatue is 15 degrees
https://imgur.com/a/Mboh2nU
Maxis457

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2020, 07:19:20 AM

hello i just bought a u6 stu but i only have 220gh while on the information sheet i can see 440 can you help me please i am new in mining Huh
bcn2048

View Profile
April 15, 2020, 05:09:09 PM

hello i just bought a u6 stu but i only have 220gh while on the information sheet i can see 440 can you help me please i am new in mining Huh

it seems one board is not working
can you post screen from miner status ?
Warlordzerox

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 17, 2020, 10:05:32 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2020, 04:15:14 PM by Warlordzerox

My machine is working on 1 board since yesterday. one board doesn produce more than 0.35gh with temperature somwhere around 35C and frequency is rising and lowering. 0 accepted and 0 reyected shares.
The other is fine. its yust confusing that the bad board is not totaly dead...

something else i found about this miner:

Re: Anyone mining with or have a StrongU STU-U6 dash miner?
Post by h4shpin » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:42 am

Hi, just came across this meanwhile older post.
Donno if you've got your miner now, got mine in mid dec.

First: Stay away from StrongU. Long story short, they suck! Big time!!
Miner was used and full of dust, stratum and address showed that it was heavily used to mine the shit out of it. Bevor plugin i had to unscrew the fans and 'undent' the grilleys and confect a cable that would fit into the non EU standard socket.
Later on i had to unscrew the obviously avalon styled case again to fix the ridicolous airguide that for some reason got inserted into the space where another hashboard was supposed to be.

I assume the missing board would have been the missing 220 Gh/s to reach the proclaimed 660 Gh/s that was reduced to 440 after orders and payments.. (at least the resellers corrected the values, but not StrongU on their own homepage, such idiots)

Well, after couple of days i checked their site again, downloaded the recommended upgrade in hope to squeeze some more HR out of that garbage bin, but instead the HR dropped to less than what the old D3 were able to come up with.
By the way, it was no surprise to me that even after checked the 'keep settings' all the pool data got replaced with their own f2 pool data.
(XxJzaL4tiEf433RSceQKEXAE1ETgfG7zrm, XiSxkcz5u8onPs9a7nevLK219zDeHTkGZg -> both belong to wallet: 578806)

Lookup the addresses that were in the pools and their first occourence showed that this wasn't just routine checks, they mined like hell!!!
One of their own videos with some DCR miner revealed that they've used the same f2 stratum (for DCR of course), the respective address and the same password as on my machine. Scumbags!

Diggin a bit deeper brought me to the hidden menu (MinerMonitor). It can be found be either replacing the last word in the browser bar or by mouseright -> inspect element. And surprise, surprise, not a single chip without errors!
Unfortunatley no other entrys were visible, nor any logs..

Update: pretty scary shit, most of the files that ran after updating contained fragment of some DCR/HC miner. Beeing not a rocket scientist my assumption is that the few Gh that i could see is the blake part of the x11 algo that gets done, anyway.. the trashbin keeps restarting all the time now, loosing it's cgminer and i'm right about to use that piece of shit at new years eve to stuff it up with some hardcore firecrackers.

Warlordzerox

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 19, 2020, 03:40:54 PM

so,guys...anyone having any problems with stu-6 units? i have inspected the miner and the dasboard-noting lose or burned. the miner resets after about 35 minutes,one board is mining with half the hasrate. its disastreus.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: