Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:40:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XFX Radeon RX 570 8GB, good for mining?  (Read 652 times)
Bael (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 06:03:09 PM
Merited by nc50lc (2)

Hello

I'm thinking of riding a rig with these gpus, they have a very good price.

Seeing that the memories do not have refrigeration, the models I have tested of sapphire, gigabyte and msi (570) all have refrigeration.

My question is if these memories get very hot, has anyone used them to mining these XFX rx 570 8GB?

https://www.xfxforce.com/gpus/amd-radeon-tm-rx-570-rs-8gb-xxx-edition-2

I would appreciate any information:)

apologies for writing bad english

Cheers!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tg88
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1405

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 06:30:28 PM

The experience I had with this XFX model was bad, everyone had problems with just over 1 year of mining ...

They have a bad cooling system.

▄██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀░
███████████▀▄░█
██████████░███░
███████▀▀░▀▀█▀▀
█████▀░░░░░░░▀▄
█████░░░░░░░░░█
█████▄░░░░░░░▄▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄███
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
████████████▀██
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████░░░░░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄░░░░▄▄▄░
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
██████████▀▀▀▀▀
███████▀░▀█▄░░░
██████░░░░░█▄░▄
█████░░▄▄▄▄▄██▀
█████▀▀▀░░░░▄█▄
█████░░░▄▄█▀▀░█
██████▄█▀▀░░░░▀
███████▄▄░░░░░░
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████░████████████
████████████▀▄████████████
█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
████░░░██░██░░░░█░░░░░████
████░░░▄▄▀▄▄░░▀▀▄▀▀░░░████
████▄░░▀▀░▀▀░░░░▀░░░░▄████
█████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████
▀████████████████████████▀
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 07:00:12 PM

Much better try other brands like ASUS or any AMD GPU with samsung or hynix memory.
Giving more hashrate and it is durable than the other GPU with micron.
3dOOm
Copper Member

Activity: 155
Merit: 173

Member of Cryptios - https://cryptios.com/

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2019, 02:49:28 PM

Hello

Seeing that the memories do not have refrigeration, the models I have tested of sapphire, gigabyte and msi (570) all have refrigeration.

My question is if these memories get very hot, has anyone used them to mining these XFX rx 570 8GB?

Cheers!!

You can use almost any type of GPU if you have cheap electricity. Use https://whattomine.com or other sites to see your revenue.
My personal thoughts are that XFX is not a good idea because they have a bad cooling system, and to be honest, if i will start mining again i'm probably gonna use Nvidia instead of AMD.

ikicha

Activity: 788
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 03:02:20 PM

No , at the moment
Bael (OP)

Activity: 87

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 09:33:36 PM

Thanks for the help!!

I have decided not to use these gpus xfx, I will finally try to buy sapphire, msi or gigabyte that are gpus that I know.

Probably what I would save by buying xfx would later lose it with heat problems
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 04:11:25 AM
Merited by nc50lc (2)

Where are you located?

I think you should go to your Craiglists ads and buy some cheap RX 470/570 8GB GPUs, right now people are selling them very cheap. Most brands are fine like ASUS, MSI, Sapphire, etc.

The sales of these GPUs is so bad lately that I basically pulled my ads and stopped listing them because it reached the point where I don't even get people lowballing my GPUs anymore. After todays ETH price crash, many people with power in the $0.07 kwh range are at break-even so pretty much any retail person would be mining at a loss.

So either go on eBay or Craiglists or Kijiji and buy a few GPUs on there. Some even come with warranty up to 3 years like MSI or ASUS where the warranty sticks with the GPU and not the owner.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
huntingthesnark

Activity: 357
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2019, 10:54:49 AM
Merited by nc50lc (1)

The experience I had with this XFX model was bad, everyone had problems with just over 1 year of mining ...

They have a bad cooling system.

I had the rx470 4GB earlier models, and they were bombproof. They didn't clock as high as Sapphire or MSI tho, but they were much cheaper.

All this said, you'd be better off 2nd hand/Nvidia/checking your electric rate at the moment...

For the latest Crypto news and alts info check out https://coinsjar.info/
crairezx20
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 06:52:41 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2019, 07:13:45 PM by crairezx20

Thanks for the help!!

I have decided not to use these gpus xfx, I will finally try to buy sapphire, msi or gigabyte that are gpus that I know.

Nvidia cards is the  best option if you want to mine other altcoins compared to AMD cards that only few coins that you can mine.
Try RTX series RTX 2060 or check the gtx1660 ti which is one of the best options nowadays. Base on profit.
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2019, 03:19:40 AM

Thanks for the help!!

Nvidia cards is the  best option if you want to mine other altcoins compared to AMD cards that only few coins that you can mine.
Try RTX series RTX 2060 or check the gtx1660 ti which is one of the best options nowadays. Base on profit.

If he goes out and buys a second hand RX 470 8GB for like $75 he will make about $0.25 per day prior to electrical cost and with 10 cent power its more like a loss of $0.04. If he goes out and buys a new RTX 2060 for $350 his profit will be about $0.45 per day and with 10 cent power it will be like $0.14 profit.

So which one makes more sense? I haven't really looked into the 2nd hand price for the RTX 2060 but I am assuming it won't be too far off from the new price since its still a fairly new GPU. Even with free electricity he is better off just gettin the RX 470.

Unless the alt coin market bounces back there really isn't much out there to mine profitably anymore.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
crairezx20
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2019, 04:38:37 PM

If he goes out and buys a second hand RX 470 8GB for like $75 he will make about $0.25 per day prior to electrical cost and with 10 cent power its more like a loss of $0.04. If he goes out and buys a new RTX 2060 for $350 his profit will be about $0.45 per day and with 10 cent power it will be like $0.14 profit.

So which one makes more sense? I haven't really looked into the 2nd hand price for the RTX 2060 but I am assuming it won't be too far off from the new price since its still a fairly new GPU. Even with free electricity he is better off just gettin the RX 470.

Unless the alt coin market bounces back there really isn't much out there to mine profitably anymore.

Nvidia cards can be easily resell compared to rx470 which is old version of AMD card you can resell them for much cheaper than Nvidia and there are many gamers looking for RTX series. You can resell them after you mine after a few months at a good price and Nvidia cards support many algo than AMD cards. That's my best than buying a 2nd had which we don't know the lifespan of the card it might be bought last 2016 if you bought a 2nd just release 2016 then there is a chance that the card might die soon.
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2019, 07:03:05 AM

Nvidia cards can be easily resell compared to rx470 which is old version of AMD card you can resell them for much cheaper than Nvidia and there are many gamers looking for RTX series. You can resell them after you mine after a few months at a good price and Nvidia cards support many algo than AMD cards. That's my best than buying a 2nd had which we don't know the lifespan of the card it might be bought last 2016 if you bought a 2nd just release 2016 then there is a chance that the card might die soon.

They do sell easier however they do still depreciate. They typically depreciate when Nvidia releases a new model.

If he bought the RX he can probably resell it a year later for a small loss, if he bought an Nvidia card he would sell it at a much higher loss in dollar terms. And just because the card was built in 2016 doesn't mean that it will die soon. The warranty is 3 years but its not the lifespan of the GPUs.

Usually what fails first on the GPU is typically the fans and there are many aftermarket cooler and many OEM fans you can buy right off eBay. Generally even if it was mined with, it was most likely undervolted and not put through alot of torture like most gamers put their GPUs through in a badly cooled computer case.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
koody

Activity: 114
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 22, 2019, 08:07:58 PM

XFX is crap, buy from other brands like Sapphire, Gigabyte, Asus. I will buy more RX 570 Sapphire and Gigabyte, they are cheap, 20 cards per 1200 USD, but I have free energy, a micro hydro generator producing 30kw. If you pay for energy I don't know if it's a good idea to buy cards to mining.
koody

View Profile
December 23, 2019, 05:11:45 PM

XFX is crap, buy from other brands like Sapphire, Gigabyte, Asus. I will buy more RX 570 Sapphire and Gigabyte, they are cheap, 20 cards per 1200 USD, but I have free energy, a micro hydro generator producing 30kw. If you pay for energy I don't know if it's a good idea to buy cards to mining.
Not in today's market and especially not if you have normal power prices, it's better to just buy the coins today honestly.

It's better mining than buy coins, i have 30kw free energy.
koody

View Profile
December 23, 2019, 10:16:36 PM

Not in today's market and especially not if you have normal power prices, it's better to just buy the coins today honestly.

It's better mining than buy coins, i have 30kw free energy.
Like I said and what you quoted, especially if you have normal power prices. Not 30kw micro hydro generators, which I doubt are very common or standard for other miners.

Like I said and what you quoted: "If you pay for energy I don't know if it's a good idea to buy cards to mining."
thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 24, 2019, 01:08:55 AM

Hello

Cheers!!

I have two of the rx 570 xfx cards and I love them because of the dual bios which when used gets you about 30 mh/s on eth and you can pick them up very cheap. I have them undervolted and they do not get hot at all with the fan running at 55% and sipping power. Ideally the RX 5700 from xfx for $300 that gets 52 mh/s is a better choice if you can get it at that price. If I was not upgrading to 5700 models I would buy all XFX rx 570 cards with dual bios.
deksa

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 01:00:42 PM

Hello

Cheers!!

I have two of the rx 570 xfx cards and I love them because of the dual bios which when used gets you about 30 mh/s on eth and you can pick them up very cheap. I have them undervolted and they do not get hot at all with the fan running at 55% and sipping power. Ideally the RX 5700 from xfx for $300 that gets 52 mh/s is a better choice if you can get it at that price. If I was not upgrading to 5700 models I would buy all XFX rx 570 cards with dual bios.

Can you please help me? I have a couple of RX 570 8gb RS XXX (exact model RX-570P8DFD6) Hynix memory, tried 10 bioses, whenever I undervolt the card, it is crashing on SMOS, this is the only stable setting but it is too much power.
Heck I event asked XFX official support to sent me their bioses, tried them stock, modded with polaris bios editor (the straps with one click) still same results Sad

Max and stable OC settings:

Core clock 1140
Mem clock 1900
voltage 1087 (default if I lower it the rig crashes)
PowerStage 3
Aggressive undervolt off
29 mhs for 150watts

As I said above mining on SMOS without risers, directly on a new motherboard so the hardware is not faulty.
rikuu

Activity: 102

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 07:40:16 AM

Hello

Cheers!!

Can you please help me? I have a couple of RX 570 8gb RS XXX (exact model RX-570P8DFD6) Hynix memory, tried 10 bioses, whenever I undervolt the card, it is crashing on SMOS, this is the only stable setting but it is too much power.
Heck I event asked XFX official support to sent me their bioses, tried them stock, modded with polaris bios editor (the straps with one click) still same results Sad

Core clock 1140
Mem clock 1900
PowerStage 3
Aggressive undervolt off
29 mhs for 150watts

As I said above mining on SMOS without risers, directly on a new motherboard so the hardware is not faulty.

I would try with HiveOS.

Set power stage 7 and agressive undervolt on. I remember people complaining about not being able to undervolt properly on SMOS. I don't know if that has changed.
Lunga Chung

Activity: 277
Merit: 23

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 01:57:34 PM

Core clock 1140
Mem clock 1900
PowerStage 3
Aggressive undervolt off
29 mhs for 150watts

I had exact same cards, most of them could do 30,5~31 but with following settings in OverdriveNTool under Win

Core clock 1165-1175
Mem clock 1900-1920
voltage 900 -925

Orginal BIOS with PBE, give us PSU model and W also the motherboard model

deksa

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2020, 02:39:07 PM

Core clock 1140
Mem clock 1900
PowerStage 3
Aggressive undervolt off
29 mhs for 150watts

I had exact same cards, most of them could do 30,5~31 but with following settings in OverdriveNTool under Win

Core clock 1165-1175
Mem clock 1900-1920
voltage 900 -925

Orginal BIOS with PBE, give us PSU model and W also the motherboard model

I am using SMOS for that card haven't tried OverdriveNTool in Win. Also tried the Original BIOS with PBE one click, still the same issue.

Motherboard:
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-B450M-A/overview/

PSU:
https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/power-supplies/v-series/v750/

Can you please tell me the memory type in your cards?
I have tried the same model of card with Micron memory and it is rock solid 31mhs on 850mv with 1160 Core and 2000 Memory, the problem is with Hynix Sad
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: