Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:31:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: handling bitcoin volatility  (Read 1768 times)
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 07:21:04 AM

i personally just can't trade until i spend a long time all day, because that will only make us panic because a sudden drop is very likely to happen, so what is usually done is to make a sell order according to the profit we want at least, even though targets cannot be achieved in a day and we must be ready to be more patient

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wxa7115

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 05:30:50 PM

Keep eye on the market and trade till you are on screen,Make sure to convert your BTC in stable coins like USDT,DAI to save your BTC from dumps.
What if the price bumps in overnight like its happening for the last 48 hours or something we will lose the profits right.Saving the capital is good but taking the risks for making more profits is the mart choice so convert your profits into stable coins and let the capital as volatile coins like bitcoin,if price bumps then its your day.
There are several ways to handle that situation, the user at which you are responding is giving you an example of how he will do that, many day traders do not like the idea of keeping their positions open if they are not watching the trading screen, so it is natural for them to convert their coins to stable coins and if that means they lose a movement that it's happening when they are sleeping then they are fine with it.

But another way that you can use to deal with that is to create a bot that trades the market while you are sleeping, that way you're not going to miss anything that happens in the market and you're going to earn profits out of every single positive movement in the market.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
doomloop

Activity: 2268
Merit: 581

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 05:42:24 PM

i personally just can't trade until i spend a long time all day, because that will only make us panic because a sudden drop is very likely to happen, so what is usually done is to make a sell order according to the profit we want at least, even though targets cannot be achieved in a day and we must be ready to be more patient
You do not hold the coins for too long. This is a good way .The prices of the coins are a subject of constant change. Moreover the fluctuations nowadays are occurring more speedily than before. Trading must be done with patience after all it is a slow process and you cannot make big profits in few days.

FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 05:54:17 PM

I like your strategy but if we talk about the current year then I do not think that we have to make a sell order as this is the year of halving in which it is sure that the whole year the price of bitcoin will rise. In this year we may see some drops but that will not be longer drops and will not be to too bottom while in the long term the price of bitcoin will always rise.
Zemomtum

Activity: 1316
Merit: 104

CitizenFinance.io

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 06:15:33 PM

It is difficult perse to handle Bitcoin volatility. The only thing is not to invest any amount that will way you down in performing other financial duties. Always engage using the Stop Loss to minimize your risk and lastly follow the fundamental news to be informed about the current situation

diazepam666

Activity: 1162
Merit: 516

1BTC Welcome Bonus

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 06:25:49 PM

Handling bitcoin volatility is very much easier for the traders whoever been part of the cryptocurrency websites. I have noticed the many newbies struggling with the investment when the value fluctuates in high level.
At the same time bitcoin price will take you to positive way as well. When it goes in positive way we can expect the value goes in green all the cryptocurrencies.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ████████     ▄█▄▄
       ▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀   ▄██████
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███████▀
 ▄▄███▄▄          ███████▀
█████████▄        █████▀
███████████▄       ▀▀▀▀
▀████████████▄
 ▀████████████▄
  ▀████████████▄
    ▀███████████
      ▀████████▀
        ▀▀████▀
        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ████████     ▄█▄▄
       ▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀   ▄██████
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███████▀
 ▄▄███▄▄          ███████▀
█████████▄        █████▀
███████████▄       ▀▀▀▀
▀████████████▄
 ▀████████████▄
  ▀████████████▄
    ▀███████████
      ▀████████▀
        ▀▀████▀
..Learn More..
Ahimoth

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 09:30:53 PM

I like your strategy but if we talk about the current year then I do not think that we have to make a sell order as this is the year of halving in which it is sure that the whole year the price of bitcoin will rise. In this year we may see some drops but that will not be longer drops and will not be to too bottom while in the long term the price of bitcoin will always rise.

As the price went so unpredictable this year, I guess it will be a stable one at $8k. When you have your blockfolio with you, just look on the pattern and it was having minimal fluctuations. Though volatility still occurs, but not that worst as to compare with 2019. However, we're just at early stage for this year, we don't know yet what comes after.
outatime1

Activity: 364
Merit: 254

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 11:18:50 PM

You have to know in advance that cryptocurrencies are highly volatile and high risk.

Never buy more than you can afford to lose.

Don't invest all your bankroll at one time.  Keep some cash for leverage if the price moves in the wrong direction.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 01:48:16 AM

Your trading psychology is not enough and it is the reason why you are panicking when the price drops. Before I trade, I always planning what will I do and I also thinking the possibilities that may happen. I always setting up my stop loss before the trade in order to lessen the losses tha I can experience. The volatility of the bitcoin is too high and it is the reality that it is hard to handle.
Taskford

Activity: 2520
Merit: 786

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 02:17:13 AM

As the price went so unpredictable this year, I guess it will be a stable one at $8k. When you have your blockfolio with you, just look on the pattern and it was having minimal fluctuations. Though volatility still occurs, but not that worst as to compare with 2019. However, we're just at early stage for this year, we don't know yet what comes after.

The one I see is different since I think we will not go stable at $8k now since there are many things will happened and hyped is good that's why provably we could reach the $9k price would be reached maybe in next month. And volatility right now is quitely predictable not the same on year 2018 and 2019 which is totally questionable but let still monitor to see if we can buy more or sell for profit securing and long term gathering.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Mahanton

Activity: 2688
Merit: 625

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 08:13:39 AM

The one I see is different since I think we will not go stable at $8k now since there are many things will happened and hyped is good that's why provably we could reach the $9k price would be reached maybe in next month. And volatility right now is quitely predictable not the same on year 2018 and 2019 which is totally questionable but let still monitor to see if we can buy more or sell for profit securing and long term gathering.
Quietly predictable? I don't think so.Yes, we can presume but we don't still know on what would be the price on next days or hours to come.
Thing here is that we can foreseen on things that might happen due to upcoming events.We can say that its a little bit hyped because of this
one but doesn't mean you can predict on where it goes.Good to look at that we do stabilize on 8k price above and hopefully this wont crash down
until on the halving day.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Amel
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1033

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 10:48:25 AM

Yeah, in my opinion about selling orders it is fine if we become a daily trader because volatility is very high to make prices go up and down every day, this is enough to be used by traders to do scalping. In contrast to selling orders for holders, maybe they are better off holding back until halving occurs.

btw, where did you get your statement about bitcoin increase in the long run? can you give your analysis about that?
joeperry

Activity: 2100
Merit: 462

Bons.io Telegram Casino

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 11:38:12 AM

You can't protect yourself to this kind of scenario since the crpytocurrency market is a decentralized platform, however there's a thing that you can do in order to avoid wrecking your asset. It's to study how the market works, well there's no 100% that it's guaranteed however it might help lessen the lose in your account and also it might help you to analyze if the market will go bullish again this is one of the thing you can do in order to avoid the loss on the volatility of this crpytocurrency.

█████████████████      ███████████████    ██████████  ████████    █████████████
    █    ███████   ███████  ████████      █████  ███████████ ████████    ██████   ██████ 
        █████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████████████████  ████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ▅▅  ████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████████████████  ████████
  █  ▀▀  ████████████████    ████████      █████  ████████████████████    ██████████████
     ▅▅████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████████████████              █████   
       ▀▀████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████████████████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄      █████
▅▅▅▅▄ ████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████ ███████████  ▀▀██████████████
       █████████████████     ████████████████   ████████ ███████████    ▀▀▀██████████

Your Intro
Telegram Casino
to Fun & Entertainment
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
The Next-Gen
Gaming Space
     ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
  ▄▄█████████████▄▄
██▀               ▀████▄
                       ██
   ██            ■■    ██
 ██████        ■■  ■■  ███
   ██    ▀ ▀     ■■    ███     
     ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃        ██
    █████████████      ██
    ██          ████████▀
████▀           ▀█████▀
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 01:01:22 PM

You can't protect yourself to this kind of scenario since the crpytocurrency market is a decentralized platform, however there's a thing that you can do in order to avoid wrecking your asset. It's to study how the market works, well there's no 100% that it's guaranteed however it might help lessen the lose in your account and also it might help you to analyze if the market will go bullish again this is one of the thing you can do in order to avoid the loss on the volatility of this crpytocurrency.

Well even a thorough analyzation of the market could end up in a disaster if you don't manage your funds well. Meaning, you still have to determine how much you're willing to put in. It should be an amount that you can afford to lose, of course. Something that won't have a significant effect in case worse comes to worst. I guess that's the trick for me. Be on the safe side.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..███████████████████████████████
Findingnemo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 757

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 04:58:27 PM

Don't wait for the peak to reach,just cashout the profits when you see it,waiting too long might is the risk of day trading.

Or better stop trading at all when the price is swinging.

.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
Triffin

Merit: 251

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 06:05:49 PM

Yeah, in my opinion about selling orders it is fine if we become a daily trader because volatility is very high to make prices go up and down every day, this is enough to be used by traders to do scalping. In contrast to selling orders for holders, maybe they are better off holding back until halving occurs.

btw, where did you get your statement about bitcoin increase in the long run? can you give your analysis about that?

Bitcoin is the most volatile crypto that change price any time with number of holders and investors. According to my analyzation long term holding and trading is good as at day trading you will have to keep eyes on market and it needs whole day hard work. Volatility means price change so every trader should know about its time and nature so it helps to gain profit for long terms as in 2019 traders did not get such good news but now price is increasing so still traders are holding

wxa7115

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 06:26:21 PM

You have to know in advance that cryptocurrencies are highly volatile and high risk.

Never buy more than you can afford to lose.

Don't invest all your bankroll at one time.  Keep some cash for leverage if the price moves in the wrong direction.
While that is good advice how many people have the money necessary to try to do something like that? People always say that you should never invest in the market what you cannot afford to lose, but how many investor follows that rule? It doesn't matter how much money you have most likely the money that you are using to invest in cryptocurrencies or in any other market is a considerable part of the money that you have saved over the years.

And as such you cannot really afford to lose that money, in fact that thought doesn't even cross your mind because you are here to earn money not to lose it and because of that most people cannot really follow that advice.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Distinctin

Activity: 2786
Merit: 645

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 07:19:48 PM

All I can say is that, don't overly confidence that we can always make a good run. Hence, we can be full of optimism but we must also have to consider that is the capability of the market. The market volatility is beyond our control and only we can do it get prepared and don't get into FOMO for whatever it happens in the future.

.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1101

View Profile
January 17, 2020, 06:47:54 AM

Everyone who has ever traded for more than a couple of hours have had episodes where their trades are wrecked because of bitcoin volatility reflecting on the whole market.

What tips do you guys have regarding protecting yourself from bitcoin sudden moves?
As a trader you should be making use of stop loss to avoid losing your money while trading because if you’re not using stop loss you can end up losing a lot of money when the price goes against your expectation. Another important thing is that you should avoid trading with your emotion, seriously, that’s not good.

I once read the story of a guy that gained $10,000 from Bitcoin in 2017, he sold on September and that’s probably before the huge increase. Due to his friends holding till then they made millions, which is huge compared to the chicken change he got. So his emotions played out and he started buying Bitcoin despite the decrease in price in 2018 and that’s how he kept losing. So avoid trading with your emotion.
Triffin

Merit: 251

View Profile
January 17, 2020, 05:32:55 PM

Everyone who has ever traded for more than a couple of hours have had episodes where their trades are wrecked because of bitcoin volatility reflecting on the whole market.

What tips do you guys have regarding protecting yourself from bitcoin sudden moves?
As a trader you should be making use of stop loss to avoid losing your money while trading because if you’re not using stop loss you can end up losing a lot of money when the price goes against your expectation. Another important thing is that you should avoid trading with your emotion, seriously, that’s not good.

I once read the story of a guy that gained $10,000 from Bitcoin in 2017, he sold on September and that’s probably before the huge increase. Due to his friends holding till then they made millions, which is huge compared to the chicken change he got. So his emotions played out and he started buying Bitcoin despite the decrease in price in 2018 and that’s how he kept losing. So avoid trading with your emotion.
He did not manage his trading well and become greedy so he lost all his earning. When you get in trading you will have to notice price movement and never rely on other people for gathering knowledge. Once he won 10,0000 $ it’s natural to go the same path again for making more money but we should know when to stop,  when he saw market down in 2018 it was most important to hold and wait until it recovers.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: