Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:24:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: first payment with paxful, 0 confirmations for 2 hours  (Read 173 times)
bolepo (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 05:57:03 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2019, 11:12:42 PM by bolepo

Hey, I just got payment to Paxful wallet for something I sold. I am new to all this bitcoin world and for some reason I still have 0 confirmations after more than 2 hours.
I want to ask first, can I loose the money? Should I wait before I am giving my buyer what he paid for?
Why this is happening and what should I do? Paxful said it should take few minutes in average to get the confirmations  

Here:

https://live.blockcypher.com/btc/tx/90894fff46dfa454271b5e42ac280d441353709601c2e73430ceb2/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4919

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2019, 06:00:25 PM

As long as the transaction has 0 confs, you can't be 100% sure it'll get confirmed. They probably underpaid the fee. I wouldn't send the goods until you have a couple confirmations.

You can always try a cpfp or pay an established, big, trusted mining pool to include your transaction

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bolepo (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 06:06:43 PM

As long as the transaction has 0 confs, you can't be 100% sure it'll get confirmed. They probably underpaid the fee. I wouldn't send the goods until you have a couple confirmations.

You can always try a cpfp or pay an established, big, trusted mining pool to include your transaction

Can you please explain more how to do that?
If I understood you currently, you suggest me to pay for other service to help my transaction to be verified fast?
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 06:10:58 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2019, 06:37:54 PM by avikz

The transaction fees is terribly underpaid! 1919 satoshis for 1 bitcoin is really less. The ideal minimum fees should have been at least 6400 - 7000 satoshis to get the transaction going! That's the only reason I see for non-conformation of the transaction!

You may use some bitcoin transaction accelerator services available in the market. Just search in Google and you will find such services. But I am not sure if they are any good! See if any miners from this forum can help you with this.

Edit: my bad! I didn't see the output transactions. In that case, your fees looks correct! You can use the below bitcoin transaction accelerator but I am not sure if it works or not.

https://bitaccelerate.com/

You can also see the below article to get more insight on how to use paid accelerators,

https://coinsutra.com/bitcoin-transaction-accelerators/

Hope this helps!

mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2019, 06:13:41 PM

If I understood you currently, you suggest me to pay for other service to help my transaction to be verified fast?
Sure... If you want to pay a pool, I recommend https://pool.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/

A cpfp is using the unconfirmed unspent output funding your address in a new transaction that has a fee to cover both the stuck and the cpfp tx. The electrum wallet actually has a cpfp wizard, but if you want to use it, you"LL have to use electrum to begin with.. if you didn't use electrum to create your withdrawal address, it's a big hassle to convert your wallet to electrum.

But anyways, if you're the seller, and you didn't send the goods yet, I would just wait until the tx is confirmed. You're holding all the cards here...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bolepo (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 06:21:21 PM

The transaction fees is terribly underpaid! 1919 satoshis for 1 bitcoin is really less. The ideal minimum fees should have been at least 6400 - 7000 satoshis to get the transaction going! That's the only reason I see for non-conformation of the transaction!

You may use some bitcoin transaction accelerator services available in the market. Just search in Google and you will find such services. But I am not sure if they are any good! See if any miners from this forum can help you with this.

It is not 1 BTC, Its 0.0418814 BTC. you can scroll the page down and see.. I don't know what it shows 1BTC transaction.. Sad
bolepo (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 06:39:20 PM

Sure... If you want to pay a pool, I recommend https://pool.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/

A cpfp is using the unconfirmed unspent output funding your address in a new transaction that has a fee to cover both the stuck and the cpfp tx. The electrum wallet actually has a cpfp wizard, but if you want to use it, you"LL have to use electrum to begin with.. if you didn't use electrum to create your withdrawal address, it's a big hassle to convert your wallet to electrum.

But anyways, if you're the seller, and you didn't send the goods yet, I would just wait until the tx is confirmed. You're holding all the cards here...

How long do you suggest me to wait? What will happened if the transaction will not get confirmed?
What is the usual agreed process to do in such situations with the buyer?

mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2019, 07:53:42 PM

@op: you should wait untill your address is funded with the agreed upon amount using a transaction that has 2 or 3 confirmations (at least).
Don't let the seller pressure you, they're the ones that cheaped out on the fee, this mess is their fault, not yours...

If the transaction remains unconfirmed for several days, nodes will start to prune it from their mempool. After a couple of weeks, it'll be like the tx never existed in the first place. The sender can re-use the unspent output for a different transaction at that point. In order to avoid this, you could rebroadcast the raw tx every couple of days, but frankly, you shouldn't bother as long as you didn't send the goods... Let them solve the problem they created before they can expect the goods from you....

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Krislaw

Activity: 1204
Merit: 388

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2019, 08:34:09 PM

Good thing your transaction is already confirmed. Sometimes, transactions get stucked for hours or lots of minutes if you ise the priority fee option. You should be more careful during trade like this  if the transaction haven't received a confirmation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: