Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:55:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You selling to buy Xmas gifts or using bitcoins to buy Xmas gifts?  (Read 1047 times)
Asmonist

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 12:23:32 PM

Yes, I sell some for holiday expenses. Its really quite a loss sell due to very low price. We really can't avoid to spend this holiday season. But of course I'm not selling it all. Its so hard to loss or not gain at all from selling it in a very low price. Buying christmas gifts are really part of the tradition for the season of giving and gathering with family.

Eclipse26

Activity: 658
Merit: 268

bullsvsbears.io

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 12:42:01 PM

Since it's the season of giving, and Christmas is just once a year, it's okay to spend some to buy gifts. It's more convenient to sell some Bitcoin to buy some gifts since you can have more options and choices in buying things what they really want because it's not easy to find stores that would accept Bitcoin so I'll just sell some then buy gifts. I don't mind if the price is down since I really like to give people around me some gifts. I can just earn it again by working hard.

AniviaBtc

Activity: 1120
Merit: 272

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 02:01:07 PM

Yes, I sell some for holiday expenses. Its really quite a loss sell due to very low price. We really can't avoid to spend this holiday season. But of course I'm not selling it all. Its so hard to loss or not gain at all from selling it in a very low price. Buying christmas gifts are really part of the tradition for the season of giving and gathering with family.

Me, I uses my money from my work so that i'm not selling anything about my crypto. I just use my salary for the expenses because why will I use my btc if I have money in my wallet. Although, expenses are certain during december. I'm thankful because I have my job that gives me money.

Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 02:12:02 PM

So, watching the price of Bitcoin going down, made me think of reasons why this might be happening now.  Roll Eyes  I saw the news of the Chinese scam and the coins being liquidated, but that sounds like a lame excuse for the price going down.

Why? It seems like a reasonable theory to me:
So does to me. Lots of relatives and young kids on our neighborhood. Just want to make them happy even just once a year.

I'm not selling bitcoins at these prices. Are you crazy?! This holiday season, everything is being paid for with cash or credit card.

He might have a different religion. Let us respect that. Some just don't do Christmas.
It is about giving though. Even if you don't have any family near you, there is some joy just giving to anyone without waiting for something back.
I am selling. My monthly salary and bonuses might not be enough.
Just a little bit, I will earn it back afterwards.  Grin
julius caesar

Activity: 644
Merit: 127

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 02:26:37 PM

Are you using your coins to buy Xmas gifts and to pay for your holiday expenses?

Actually, I do not use any cryptocurrency to buy Xmas gifts and even paying holiday expenses. I just use our fiat because for me it's more convenient in buying stuff like Xmas gift and there are few stores that accept cryptocurrencies in our country. I rather use my save money than selling my bitcoin just to buy stuff. I know many members here will sell their bitcoin just to buy some Xmas gift and it's their decision to sell their bitcoin but for me, it's better to hoard your bitcoin than selling it.

johnwest

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 02:34:19 PM

Holiday season or whatever but I dont think anyone will sell their BTC at these prices. Everyone who is holding BTC for a significant amount of time know that these are the manipulative dumps and will not sell their BTC at these prices. Clearly these are either hackers or whales.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 02:41:44 PM

I'm selling some of my bitcoins to buy Christmas gift as there are no local stores that accepts BTC as payment here. And I think this could be the case for the majority here, unless they have fiat then obviously they won't touch their bitcoin because of the current price.

I'm also doing that but not much only 1/4 of what I'm holding right now, Cryptotalk wallet is off and I can add anymore funds for the holiday except the one that are in my wallets, but as soon as Cryptotalk wallet opened I will buy back those Bitcoin that i sold, I think majority of us here experienced this because of the holiday rush where there are so many stuffs that are on sale.
onyek16M

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 02:56:28 PM

So, watching the price of Bitcoin going down, made me think of reasons why this might be happening now.  Roll Eyes  I saw the news of the Chinese

scam and the coins being liquidated, but that sounds like a lame excuse for the price going down. A better reason might be that people are selling

coins or using coins to buy Xmas gifts. Let's be honest, it is that time of the year and people are going on holiday, so they need to dive into their

Bitcoin hoard to pay for that and also some Xmas gifts.  Huh

Are you using your coins to buy Xmas gifts and to pay for your holiday expenses?

yes at this moment people prefer to sell their coins for chrismast event or their holiday, it makes bitcoinprice falling down end of the year
for me, i am not sell my bitcoins yet because i am late to do it, when i sell my bitcoin now i will get lose for my money. still using fiat money from my offline job to makes holiday and other purposes

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 03:09:24 PM

The truth is I also sell some of my btc to use for this Christmas season in exchange into fiat since no available merchant yet to use btc. The importance is still I am into holding of my btc until such time price could recover in the market. There are some reasons why this decline is happening but let's hope for the recovery soon.
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 03:44:41 PM

The truth is I also sell some of my btc to use for this Christmas season in exchange into fiat since no available merchant yet to use btc. The importance is still I am into holding of my btc until such time price could recover in the market. There are some reasons why this decline is happening but let's hope for the recovery soon.
I think almost everyone is selling their hodl Bitcoin to cash out to buy some gifts in this coming Christmas holiday. One of my friend told me he sold some of his Bitcoin to buy some gifts for this Christmas. So I expect almost is just like that, unless they do have a savings already that is for Christmas.

To me I didn't sell it though because I know it's a bad idea and since I still can manage to buy some gifts with my savings.

Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 04:02:59 PM

The same goes to my decision in the market especially to the holdings that I have in bitcoin, what I mostly do right now is to a percentage of my holdings to buy some present/gift for me to have something to give. I also think of incorporating bitcoin directly to the gift but mostly, who I am about to give are toddlers that seems to not be aware of things at all. So, it tends to be that my spendings is quite higher compared to using bitcoins to by Xmas gifts.
pawanjain

Activity: 2688
Merit: 715

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 04:05:30 PM

I don't really think this might be the reason for the current price drop in bitcoin. If people would have wanted to cash out then they would have done it when the price was high.
The price is too low right now and hence I wouldn't consider to sell any coins myself. Besides that this theory has become quite old now since I have at least heard of this from the past 2 years.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
SiDtHeBeSt

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 04:08:14 PM

To be honest I think it is quite foolish to sell out your bitcoins for buying Christmas gifts. But maybe some people are doing it as many of the replies in this thread say "yes I'm doing so to buy gifts". But if you ask me personally I am not cashing out bitcoins to buy any gifts lol neither should anyone else.
AicecreaME

Activity: 2338
Merit: 454

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 05:38:15 PM

If I don't have any choices but to spend it to buy Christmas gift, then I would use it, but since it is impossible for a cryptocurrency user to be lacking in fiat, I guess most of us here are spending fiat over bitcoin because it is more better, why is it? well, think about your future, fiat's price would not change that big but bitcoin's price is always fluctuating either big or small.

Knowing what's the difference between volatility and regulated currency will save you from losing your profits in bitcoin. Happy Holidays to you all and spend your crypto wisely.

Cheers Smiley
DreamStage

Activity: 625
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 05:42:30 PM

No that is not the reason as i have stated here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5210723.msg53380762#msg53380762

If you think on selling your btc cause of Xmas gifts then yeah ok everyone would do that.
But all of sudden that would make price go abruptly lower in just few minutes? Roll Eyes

Answering your second statement:

I would prefer both options if i find any particular payment methods.
Paying directly with btc would make me pay less fees or wait money to be transactioned between payment methods / bank transferences.

Nothing to see here
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 09:35:02 PM

I also have the same idea before but as time goes by investors are don't really want to spend their crypto for something they rather hold it than to use it.
So I think that only a small percent of investor or crypto holders are cashing out for the holiday season there might be another reason why the price is falling.

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 10:01:28 PM

I work full time in crypto and my salary gets paid in Bitcoin now so what I am doing is just taking out my salary and the little bit extra I need for the holidays but am still growing and investing aggressively again my Bitcoin holdings and other crypto bags. I am not buying anything frivolous right now as I want to do what I did between 2015and 2018 and rinse and repeat but this time do it properly and take the profits on all the highs and rebuy on all the lows. I am also day trading, well swing trading and practicing this buy low, sell high, so when my big bags explode, I don't just sit there staring at a screen lol and watch them pump then dump, nope..On EVERY ATH I take profits and rebuy on the downside. I have decided though not to buy any unnecessary items until my money is working for me and I grow enough assets and capital to relax a bit. This is a frugal Xmas for us because am just starting to get on my feet. I will buy myself a bitcoin cookie cutter though, from amazon, that's my treat to myself lol.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
adjed

Activity: 400
Merit: 268

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 11:56:03 PM

Honestly, I wouldn't be able to purchase the gifts I want with bitcoin especially in my location right now, but I could easily convert some bitcoin to fiat currency to do this and I am thankful that I decided to wait for an improvement in the market before doing this, I was supposed to get the gifts earlier today but I just couldn't bear to sell any part of my bitcoin at such low prices so I decided to wait for an improvement in price, that improvement just came tonight and I am thankful that I waited.

The best gift you could give to yourself this Christmas period is to buy yourself some bitcoin, I have a feeling that the year 2020 would be a good year for bitcoin and you definitely do not want to miss out on that.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2019, 06:29:58 AM

Since the Mid 2019, I already said to myself that I will buy a new computer before the year ends and that is what I did. I didn't care about the price of Bitcoin anymore as long as I can buy my computer for future use.

I sold some of my Bitcoins to buy a computer and I don't feel any regret for it even I know that the price of Bitcoin right now is considered at its lowest. I believe that Bitcoin will rise as always in mid to long term especially in 2020 as the halving of Bitcoin is fast approaching Cheesy.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 19, 2019, 06:58:44 AM

I was shocked when i saw the price of bitcoin plunging way deep into the $6Ks but i don't think this price reduction is as a result people using their bitcoins. That is merely a small amount of bitcoins, i think this is the work of some whales who have come together to shake weak hands of their bitcoins in order to buy them cheap.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: