Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:53:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Application idea.  (Read 151 times)
QEHedge (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 12:11:51 PM
Merited by amishmanish (2)

So i had an interesting idea. Throughout life , I have noticed certain patterns of which i'm starting to make sense of now. I'd like you to poke holes in my idea and perhaps be able to patch them up or if they are useless , then I'll just move on to something different.

So lets say that i could connect you with people that can provide you a Conductive relationship / Controlling relationships based on metrics that i have found through research with others. It would be based on a few data metrics that connects you to others on the application itself.

So lets say that one of your matches is 1 year older than you , And based on the data metrics , this person is a good match for you.

How can i monetize a "Tinder" like application that provides users with meaningful coincidences?

Can they buy tokens on which is connected to their Public key account which allows them access to other users and takes their tokens when they find a match that they BOTH connect with? (example would be you find someone , and they both like you too , ie swipe right)

Example 0.01(Token Symbol)  per match on the network. Could i have sent to a "Burn" account thus limiting the amount of connections , until we hit 0 tokens in circulation and restart the network all over again? (Assuming the tokens get more expensive in BTC / USD value as the circulating supply goes down?)

Should i use Blockchain architecture for this or should i go the more centralized route? I'd like to use PKE between conversations on the network , and for identity.

Would you use this application to find yourself meaningful coincidences? Thanks everyone!
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 05:41:25 PM

It won't work.
None is going to buy tokens for a dating app simply because there are others for free. And being active in a dating app is also something like a "guilty" for every person. Buying tokens and using credit cards for buying crypto is an evidence that they want to be hidden.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 08:16:55 PM

getting someone to buy tokens just to use an app wont get people to even use it
however having found matches, buying tokens to then spend to be able to communicate with the match atleast gets users in to use it and really see the potential. and then when they see a match they like they are willing to pay a bit of money to atleast talk to them.
after all guys are willing to buy a girl a drink just as an icebreaker to start a conversation but less likely to enter a bar if there is an entrance fee.

you could then have an 'enhanced' metric that asks/logs even more specific details so that people can get an even more accurate match

maybe even affiliate with restaurants and bars and advertise 'date location' suggestions near where matches live

and ofcourse the nastier side, monetise their information to businesses to advertise things that interest them

but the main thing is dont charge them a fee just to get in the door. charge them for the services once inside

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
December 19, 2019, 10:10:41 AM

Okay. So you want to arrange matches between people. Assuming that your matchmaking algorithm does a great job, would blockchain be useful for this.
If its on blockchain let us assume that their won't be real world identities but some pseudonymous ones. Do people want to have a public record of all their past relationship transactions (that sounds so wrong, yet, let us continue) visible to any potential future matches? Do people like to have their past visible with selective input of what they choose to put on it? (Facebook).

I don't think any one application answers both these questions. I think blockchain would be smashing for such an application. You'd need to find a way to score people on different matchmaking parameters based on what they go through in this blockchain of relationships. I'd say its not half bad an idea.
QEHedge (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 19, 2019, 02:26:11 PM

getting someone to buy tokens just to use an app wont get people to even use it
however having found matches, buying tokens to then spend to be able to communicate with the match atleast gets users in to use it and really see the potential. and then when they see a match they like they are willing to pay a bit of money to atleast talk to them.
after all guys are willing to buy a girl a drink just as an icebreaker to start a conversation but less likely to enter a bar if there is an entrance fee.

you could then have an 'enhanced' metric that asks/logs even more specific details so that people can get an even more accurate match

maybe even affiliate with restaurants and bars and advertise 'date location' suggestions near where matches live

and ofcourse the nastier side, monetise their information to businesses to advertise things that interest them

but the main thing is dont charge them a fee just to get in the door. charge them for the services once inside

I'm not looking to monetize user data to businesses because i think it's a little harmful doing so. Putting data into the hands of others makes me responsible if something (if anything) bad occurs. I can't live with the responsibility of that , and I'd rather not deal with it altogether.

I was thinking of adding some restaurants or some other advertisements which can be viewed to the user but businesses might not want to participate because the users would be random and not targeted , thus it might be a swing or a miss.

Charging them per message or ability to message them is an interesting idea but i don't know if that is actually profitable but then again there are girls on Tinder who ask guys to Venmo them money and then disappear , so there is potential in that idea.

Okay. So you want to arrange matches between people. Assuming that your matchmaking algorithm does a great job, would blockchain be useful for this.
If its on blockchain let us assume that their won't be real world identities but some pseudonymous ones. Do people want to have a public record of all their past relationship transactions (that sounds so wrong, yet, let us continue) visible to any potential future matches? Do people like to have their past visible with selective input of what they choose to put on it? (Facebook).

I don't think any one application answers both these questions. I think blockchain would be smashing for such an application. You'd need to find a way to score people on different matchmaking parameters based on what they go through in this blockchain of relationships. I'd say its not half bad an idea.

I hope that my users use their real name , but a list of their transactions would probably need to be private to ensure privacy. I was thinking of something along the lines of using XMR Tari but this hasn't been released yet so there are bugs and stuff to figure out. Maybe they have an option of privacy but i think that defeats the purpose as i think privacy should be hard coded into the application itself. The problem with this is that if someone makes a fake account and then kidnaps people , then I'll be responsible for setting up the date in the first place and might land me in trouble so it's a slippery slope. But i also think real world identities would be required in this case to ensure that users don't maliciously mess with others on the application itself.

Another problem i see now is that if someone does do something malicious and someone goes missing , how would we track them if everyone is pseudonymous , or at least using PKE and not their actual identity , which i think might be a problem in that one sense because if they die on my platform , i am ultimately responsible and i think that would be a grave toll to carry along throughout life Sad

I think if people use my application that they should be happy with revealing their identity. I don't want to deal with KYC and AML because that is a whole other can of worms that i don't really want to open.

Thanks for poking holes in my ideas. Back to the drawing board.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: