Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:30:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop Loss, A life saver or a evil?  (Read 4311 times)
suzanne5223

Activity: 2618
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2020, 06:21:21 PM

Hello,

I had this question in mind, since many of my trades with an adjusted stop loss got triggered, but then the market goes in the direction I wanted, but since it got triggered basically im out. I know this is due to big fishes messing around.

What do you guys think, is stop loss something or, or not so good?

It's just depend on how we use it, for me ppersonally it helped a lot with my trading style, i always place a stop loss whenever i entered a trade because i won't waste my time holding coins that already crashed. it's just the same with a knife, people could do cut fruits with it but they also could but their fingers by doing it.
It is indeed helpful for traders who don't want to deal with bigger amount of loss when they are trading. When I was just getting started on trading, I used to think that I can manage the risk by myself and I do not need stop losses because I am already a good trader but the market turn against me and it gave me a lot of losses and it made me realize how important is the stop loss to avoid getting too much emotional and just sticking with your game plan.
You are not the only one who ever feels that you are very good at trading, many people are always arrogant about their talents, they really have the talent to be the right thing but they don't know that talent is always a double-edged sword, arrogance is always accompanied by subjectivity, never putting a backup plan as their failure in trading, they only understand when they have failed. Stop loss is the best backup plan to correct our mistakes, sometimes it may not work as expected but at least it won't let things get out of our reach
Stop loss could be the best back up plan to correct ones mistakes and could also be a disaster (path of making huge loss) either if use at the right moment.
Samething applied with talent and arrogant which i believe could be the best back up plan if use at the right moment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blackdeath

Activity: 910
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 10:49:31 PM

Hello,

I had this question in mind, since many of my trades with an adjusted stop loss got triggered, but then the market goes in the direction I wanted, but since it got triggered basically im out. I know this is due to big fishes messing around.

It's just depend on how we use it, for me ppersonally it helped a lot with my trading style, i always place a stop loss whenever i entered a trade because i won't waste my time holding coins that already crashed. it's just the same with a knife, people could do cut fruits with it but they also could but their fingers by doing it.
It is indeed helpful for traders who don't want to deal with bigger amount of loss when they are trading. When I was just getting started on trading, I used to think that I can manage the risk by myself and I do not need stop losses because I am already a good trader but the market turn against me and it gave me a lot of losses and it made me realize how important is the stop loss to avoid getting too much emotional and just sticking with your game plan.
You are not the only one who ever feels that you are very good at trading, many people are always arrogant about their talents, they really have the talent to be the right thing but they don't know that talent is always a double-edged sword, arrogance is always accompanied by subjectivity, never putting a backup plan as their failure in trading, they only understand when they have failed. Stop loss is the best backup plan to correct our mistakes, sometimes it may not work as expected but at least it won't let things get out of our reach
Stop loss could be the best back up plan to correct ones mistakes and could also be a disaster (path of making huge loss) either if use at the right moment.
Samething applied with talent and arrogant which i believe could be the best back up plan if use at the right moment.
In my own opinion, stop loss is not only a back up plan because it could be your strategy that could help you whenever we are facing a bear market that it could cut our losses or preventing ourselves to have huge losses. Using a stop loss is always for the right moment because there are times that you don't need to cut your losses that there is posibillity that the price of a coin will recover back.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 11:33:52 PM

Hello,

In my own opinion, stop loss is not only a back up plan because it could be your strategy that could help you whenever we are facing a bear market that it could cut our losses or preventing ourselves to have huge losses. Using a stop loss is always for the right moment because there are times that you don't need to cut your losses that there is posibillity that the price of a coin will recover back.

I agree with this opinion because on trading you need a plan before entering a market and stop loss are one of those plan. Dont be so stressed if your stop loss hit because its a life saver to your fund.
In that case you will avoid lossing so much fund and can re enter the market anytime compare to holding your.position with no assurance it will back to its buy/sell level.

Apened

Activity: 1386
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2020, 12:35:26 AM

Hello,

Its a literally a must stop loss will help us going back to trade even we loss some amount because of it what matters is we protect our capital to be in a huge loss. We can trade in other day or week if we want to and recover that loss a proper setting of stop loss will save our emotions and capital. Its not an evil you just need to know where to place it with a risk management.
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2020, 03:56:07 AM

Its a literally a must stop loss will help us going back to trade even we loss some amount because of it what matters is we protect our capital to be in a huge loss. We can trade in other day or week if we want to and recover that loss a proper setting of stop loss will save our emotions and capital. Its not an evil you just need to know where to place it with a risk management.
This is exactly important! There are lot of new people start to trade but they still don't know how to use stop-loss and they believe that their trades are always correct or will go to their take profits area or target price.

Well, a lot of trading experience this that STOP LOSS is not important (especially me before when I started to trade). At the end of the day, they will realize how stop-loss is really important, especially when you are doing margin trading or those trades that have leverage.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

View Profile
January 24, 2020, 07:04:44 AM

From the word itself, you can get the roots from it.

Stop loss is a very great of help when you're away from your PC to monitor your trades. It's actually a life saver and I don't see it as evil, how do you say so?

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
coinfinger

Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

View Profile
January 25, 2020, 06:24:14 AM

Hello,

Maybe you didn’t set the stop loss the way you’re meant to set it. You shouldn’t be setting your stop loss at random levels, you should be setting it in a position that will allow some fluctuation, that means you have to put it below the swing low, which what you have just explained here : the price of Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency you’re trading can fall and also bounce back, that’s why you have to make sure you’re following the trend.

Making use of stop loss is not really as easy as some think it is , I have seen a few people complain the same about missing out after their stop loss cancel our their order.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 25, 2020, 08:02:59 AM

Hello,

Maybe you didn’t set the stop loss the way you’re meant to set it. You shouldn’t be setting your stop loss at random levels, you should be setting it in a position that will allow some fluctuation, that means you have to put it below the swing low, which what you have just explained here : the price of Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency you’re trading can fall and also bounce back, that’s why you have to make sure you’re following the trend.

Making use of stop loss is not really as easy as some think it is , I have seen a few people complain the same about missing out after their stop loss cancel our their order.

Well it's always better to miss out than to lose big. That's what this feature prevents. It gives you cushion to stay alive for another day. I've had experiences when the price of the coin shoots up after the value hit my sl level. It's part of trading. You won't be able to know anyways when the movement will go up. Always better to be safe than sorry.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Asmonist

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 25, 2020, 12:19:32 PM

Having losses is really a no no. Though losses is part of trading, we must as we can have it stop. Mostly its all about the period of time we wait for certain trade. Of course, there are really days that we tempt to trade it and sometimes regret the next day. Most likely losses is not good for trading so better not trade so fast as much as possible. Its quite hard and challenging though.

bettercrypto

Activity: 1330
Merit: 268

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2020, 02:46:50 PM

Hello,

Basically, cut loss strategy is helpful especially when you want to assure every trades. I am also emotional and I want to prevent myself to carry out in trading. Therefore, it will help me a lot to prevent a certain loss.
Actually, it is whom will use the cut loss strategy because there are traders can handle the loss but others prefer to limit their position.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
aomakun

Activity: 1020
Merit: 253

JangaCams.com

View Profile
January 25, 2020, 03:11:27 PM

Hello,

Basically, cut loss strategy is helpful especially when you want to assure every trades. I am also emotional and I want to prevent myself to carry out in trading. Therefore, it will help me a lot to prevent a certain loss.
Actually, it is whom will use the cut loss strategy because there are traders can handle the loss but others prefer to limit their position.
in trading using a cut loss strategy will be more useful because one way to do risk management.
So we are thinking of bad too, but there are other ways like having a limit or making regular buy to minimize risk compared to cut loss

█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████  ████
████████████████████▀▀  ▀████
███████████████▀▀   ▄▄███████
███▀  ▀██████     ▐██████████
██     █████▌       ▀████████
██      ▀▀███    ▐█▄  ▀██████
██               ▐███▄▄  ▀███
██▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▄     ▄███████ ▄  █
██████▄▄▄████████████████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
FREE CHAT

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2020, 02:57:16 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2020, 03:10:41 PM by Mumbeeptind1963

yes stop loss is very important and must be used for traders because the market can not be seen every time so to prevent price movements on the market suddenly crash, this can save from big losses
Loses is part of trading but if you lose a lot its better to stop it and think about  the next thing to do like watching the movement of market, so once you trade again you will get inform if its the right time to trade if the market is pumping. Also the reason why experience loses is when they continue to trade without even looked the market situation.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
February 23, 2020, 05:26:28 PM

Well I think you need to first analyze how much loss you can handle, if the market goes even 0.1 above it , the you need to realize that you have to get out , it's for the safety only .
Since the trading market is rather volatile and no one knows where it's gonna go next this is something that saved the traders of their own greed.
Therefore I do think that it is a good strategy because otherwise you can get lucky but most of the times you will loose more than you can ever account for .
This is like the basis of trading.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
carlfebz2

Activity: 2940
Merit: 727

Seabet.io | Crypto-Casino

View Profile
February 23, 2020, 05:35:07 PM

Well I think you need to first analyze how much loss you can handle, if the market goes even 0.1 above it , the you need to realize that you have to get out , it's for the safety only .
Since the trading market is rather volatile and no one knows where it's gonna go next this is something that saved the traders of their own greed.
Therefore I do think that it is a good strategy because otherwise you can get lucky but most of the times you will loose more than you can ever account for .
This is like the basis of trading.
No, it shouldnt really be treated up that way which you do think up on doing gambling rather than thinking up wisely.Of course, risk management thing is prioritize
and setting up stop loss is suggested if you do make some active or short trades but if you are engaged on long term or swing trade aspects then i dont see for these limits
to be used along the way but well it depends on a certain trader though if how much loss level he can handle.I dont see a reason why SL are evil but to be expected
that these limits would easily be hit or eat up when high volatility moments do happen.

ScamViruS

Activity: 1750
Merit: 720

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2020, 06:18:42 PM

Hello,

Stoploss is important for day traders. The stoploss protects them when unexpected markets fall down. I've used stoploss before, many times I see my stoploss hit, and the market goes up again. This is because I have little idea about trading. So stoploss is just as effective when you set it after proper analysis.

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
TheGreatPython

Activity: 2520
Merit: 329

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 04:39:40 PM

Everybody here loves stop loss so much but stop loss can only slow down your loss whereas if you do not lose it you can literally bleed as much as you can and recover afterwards instead of keep dying every single day. Just die once and recover, much better option if you ask me.

Do not consider for a second that stop loss doesn't have any issues at all, you literally have to make sure you do not get stop loss constantly, if you lose just 1% that is fine and you think it is better to lose that 1% compared to 50% you will lose eventually if you don't use stop loss.

However, reality is if you use stop loss constantly and keep constantly get that 1% stop loss, eventually it will amount to higher than 50% total and you will eventually lose all your money anyway, which would be not a good way to lower the risk.

███████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████████▄
  ██████████████████████████▄
 ███████   ▀████████▀   ████▄
██████████    █▀  ▀    ██████▄
███████████▄▄▀  ██  ▀▄▄████████
███████████          █████████
███████████▀▀▄  ██  ▄▀▀████████
██████████▀   ▀▄  ▄▀   ▀██████▀
 ███████  ▄██▄████▄█▄  █████▀
  ██████████████████████████▀
    ██████████████████████▀
       ███████████████▀▀
Duelbits
███████████████████████████████████████████████    ████    ████    ████
████    ████    ████

THE MOST REWARDING CASINO
████    ████
███████████████    ████    ████
   ▄▄▄▄████▀███▄▄▄▄▄
▄███▄▀▄██▄   ▄██▄▀▄███▄
████▄█▄███▄█▄███▄█▄████
███████████████████████   ▄██▄
██     ██     ██     ██   ▀██▀
██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██    ██
██  █  ██  █  ██  █  ██
█▌  ██
██     ██     ██     ████  ██
█████████████████████████  ██
████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████▌
     +4,000     
PROVABLY FAIR
GAMES
  $500,000 
MONTHLY
PRIZE POOL
    $10,000   
BLACKJACK
GIVEAWAY
Mahanton

Activity: 2702
Merit: 626

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 05:38:09 PM

Everybody here loves stop loss so much but stop loss can only slow down your loss whereas if you do not lose it you can literally bleed as much as you can and recover afterwards instead of keep dying every single day. Just die once and recover, much better option if you ask me.

Do not consider for a second that stop loss doesn't have any issues at all, you literally have to make sure you do not get stop loss constantly, if you lose just 1% that is fine and you think it is better to lose that 1% compared to 50% you will lose eventually if you don't use stop loss.

However, reality is if you use stop loss constantly and keep constantly get that 1% stop loss, eventually it will amount to higher than 50% total and you will eventually lose all your money anyway, which would be not a good way to lower the risk.
Who would be the one to set up 1% SL here on crypto space? It would be understandable if it would be used in forex or stocks but for crypto?

This kind of percentage isnt suggested yet price can swing up possibly 5% on daily basis which means your SL can easily be triggered up.So it isnt suggested on setting it up into these levels.

Of course this one is a life saver if you do know on how to use it but i do agree that it do have some sort of disadvantages.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
koang

Activity: 2422
Merit: 264

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2020, 08:12:07 PM

Hello,

I think almost all traders agree that stop loss is needed to limit losses.
The problem is,how much the proper Stop Loss?
To determine how many appropriate Stop Loss points are dependent on the trading plan and indicators used by each trader.
And usually the wider the SL range, the higher our level of confidence that TP will be achieved
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 08:29:54 PM

This kind of percentage isnt suggested yet price can swing up possibly 5% on daily basis which means your SL can easily be triggered up.So it isnt suggested on setting it up into these levels.

Of course this one is a life saver if you do know on how to use it but i do agree that it do have some sort of disadvantages.
Yes, I do not set stop-loss for my trading as I believe into cryptos and it may bounce back for sure. But, I guess for the people who are shorting bitcoins in bitmex like exchanges (not in sport trading) must need to make use of stop-loss levels to cut their losses earlier which will prevent them making their accounts fully exhausted.

I guess no one could have same style of trading on both spot trading and derivative trading. We need to follow certain set of rules based on where we do trade. This way sport trading may not require to use stop-losses but for derivative trading, we must need to use them.
Baoo

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 08:18:19 PM

Well, It is unfortunate that Bitcoin's price is controlled by the big fishes or whales, but I see that many trades are giving this reason as an excuse for their financial losses,  that is not acceptable to be honest, giving a lot of compliments will never help and change anything, you need to deal with any situation, no matter how hard it is, there is always a solution for any issue .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: