Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:38:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: When you Merit someone, what happens to your own Merit counter ?
It decreases my Merit counter by 1 Merit
It increases my Merit counter by 1 Merit
It neither increases nor decreases my Merit counter
I'm not sure
I haven't got the faintest idea
OP seems not to have the faintest idea

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit - simple poll on operational fundamentals  (Read 383 times)
nakamura12

Activity: 2282
Merit: 669

View Profile
December 20, 2019, 02:44:34 PM

In my case, It is much the same as the rest that when I merit someone only the smerit is deducted and my merits is unaffected. I never know that someone is creating a thread complaining about their merit being deducted when they send a merit to someone else. Is there any complainant about it? I did not expect that there is someone who voted that his/her merit counter did decreased.

Maybe instead of +Merit button it could be +sMerit?
What I understand at first about the +Merit button is that senders will increase their merit and I don't know which one will be sent if it's your merit or smerits but now I understand it clearly.
DdmrDdmr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 10801

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2019, 04:46:18 PM

<…> when they send a merit to someone else. Is there any complainant about it? I did not expect that there is someone who voted that his/her merit counter did decreased. <…>
Not complaining exactly, but hypothesising on what happens to their Merits (not sMerits) when they hit the +Merit button. I’ve seen two cases very recently, and none were low level ranks, although in all fairness, they weren’t very (s)merited either.

Note: Stray cases from the most voted option in the poll place "OP as not having a clue" second, leading by a tight margin over the other two other stray options. I agree ... after all, I did vote for the "OP seems not to have the fai(n)test idea" option.
poochpocket

Activity: 458
Merit: 265

View Profile
December 20, 2019, 05:06:05 PM

Very tricky question @DdmrDdmr !

I voted on I haven't got the faintest idea.

Just a trick to attract more fish's here
DdmrDdmr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 10801

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2020, 02:47:04 PM

Seemingly, there seems to be some recent confusion on this matter, which I figure is recurrent and unavoidable to a certain degree for some. I’ve therefore reopened the poll (serving this posts as a bump).
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: