Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:54:57 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt. Gox Knew It Was Selling Phantom Bitcoin 2 Weeks Before Collapse  (Read 5446 times)
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:34:44 PM

Here is another link that claims Tibanne Co. Ltd filed for bankruptcy in Japan on Feb. 28, 2014.
http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=137710719
Well i dont know. It seem that tibanne transfered domain ownership prior filling for bankruptcy.
Iam on your side, dont get me wrong, i lost a lot on mtgox. There is a difference between knowing owner of domain and btc, unfortunatelly.

You cannot transfer assets  while you are filing bankruptcy. If the domain was transferred a year ago then yeah, but a few days before the filing bankruptcy, no.

Agan not sure, however court acceptance count not a date when filling were made.
Beside one thing is bankruptcy and other civi rehabitilation what mtgox has.

The court orders in Japan explicitly state that he cannot transfer any assets.
Imagine what would happen if everyone filing for bankruptcy was allowed to transfer all their assets to a family member or friend the day before they filed. They walk into court and say they had a million dollars yesterday, but as of today I have nothing so I owe nothing. Does it make any sense that it would work that way?
Mtgox creditors (we) does not have anything with tibanne. Domain transfer could be possibly under court supervision. Again, that has nothing with mtgox victims. Can you find doc regarding tibanne fillings? Not news articles please.

The domain name transfer was done a few days before the filing of Bankruptcy protection in Japan. There was no supervisor assigned until the court heard the case. The transfer clearly had to be done by Tibanne (MarkK) without any supervision from the court. There can be no mistake in that.

Ok, please show me prove of tibanne filled for bankruptcy, the we can continue. I do not see it anywhere.
Tibanne site are operational.
7Priest7

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:56:56 PM

Ok, please show me prove of tibanne filled for bankruptcy, the we can continue. I do not see it anywhere.

None of this really matters.
Bitcoin attracted MANY criminals.
Either prison or grave, those are his options at this point.
Criminals are not likely to allow his prison stay to be pleasant.

Those he stole from will not be as merciful as the court is likely to be.
alfabitcoin

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:02:25 PM

None of this really matters.
Bitcoin attracted MANY criminals.
Either jail or grave, those are his options at this point.

Those he stole from will not be as merciful as the court is likely to be.
I would hated to be in his place, no doubt. He is finish, sooner or after.
We just discussed of domain transfer what i believe tibanne did not filled for bankruptcy so they have every right to do what they wish with their assets.
Let figure that part first as i dont see a point speculating.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:27:48 PM

There were substantial withdrawals during this time.  The reason he continued to operate was so that "certain individuals" could liquidate and get out.  We have not seen any record of exactly what BTC and USD withdrawals took place after the hack or how much they were for.  Also, Gox was already short USD before the hack even took place.  I have not heard a whisper about any of this so far during the bankruptcy proceedings.  Is anyone showing up to contest this mess???

cough.... Roger Ver.... cough...

IrishFutbol

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:59:44 PM

That still doesn't account for the withdrawals that occurred after the hack was announced.  Certain people got their money out.

Still a very far cry from what your article suggests.  This isn't exactly a professional who knew what they were doing, and there's a big difference between negligence and fraud.

I am curious, how would you define Mark's transfer of assets (bitcoinfoundation.org) to the Bitcoin foundation on Feb 23, 2014 while he was filing for bankruptcy protection?

Pretty much the same thing as any divorce case where one spouse looks to secure the money.

Unless he transferred the assets and did not disclose them as Mt. Gox assets, there's not really an issue with what he did.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 12:18:58 AM

Here is another link that claims Tibanne Co. Ltd filed for bankruptcy in Japan on Feb. 28, 2014.
http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=137710719
Well i dont know. It seem that tibanne transfered domain ownership prior filling for bankruptcy.
Iam on your side, dont get me wrong, i lost a lot on mtgox. There is a difference between knowing owner of domain and btc, unfortunatelly.

You cannot transfer assets  while you are filing bankruptcy. If the domain was transferred a year ago then yeah, but a few days before the filing bankruptcy, no.

Agan not sure, however court acceptance count not a date when filling were made.
Beside one thing is bankruptcy and other civi rehabitilation what mtgox has.

The court orders in Japan explicitly state that he cannot transfer any assets.
Imagine what would happen if everyone filing for bankruptcy was allowed to transfer all their assets to a family member or friend the day before they filed. They walk into court and say they had a million dollars yesterday, but as of today I have nothing so I owe nothing. Does it make any sense that it would work that way?

In the voice of (pick somebody), "You don't know how Bitcoin works!" (not diss, but for humor)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 12:23:13 AM

There were substantial withdrawals during this time.  The reason he continued to operate was so that "certain individuals" could liquidate and get out.  We have not seen any record of exactly what BTC and USD withdrawals took place after the hack or how much they were for.  Also, Gox was already short USD before the hack even took place.  I have not heard a whisper about any of this so far during the bankruptcy proceedings.  Is anyone showing up to contest this mess???

cough.... Roger Ver.... cough...

I'll tell you what! I really like Roger Ver, as well as the folks at BitPay, and it would sadden me deeply to later learnt that either entity was involved. I guess I'll add Erik Voorhees to the short list.
CryptoREI

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:25:55 AM

Title should be changed to MT. Gox has been Naked Short Selling for 2 weeks

quicksalehelp.com
grifferz

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:19:32 AM

Some random person uses bitcoin to hire somebody to assassinate Mark Karpeles.
So how come is name is not on https://assmkedzgorodn7o.onion.to/ ?

And if it does get put on there, is it really going to command a larger pool than the others list?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: