Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 05:15:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I get my on chain Bitcoin into lightning wallet  (Read 189 times)
broaobro (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 20, 2019, 09:50:07 PM
Merited by OmegaStarScream (2), LFC_Bitcoin (1)

I just set up my zap wallet for lightning and want to receive BTC into it. I only see an option to receive btc through the lightning network invoice. Obviously, I don't have any money in the lightning network because I just started using lightning when I downloaded this wallet. How do I get my on chain BTC into the zap wallet / lightning? Can I send money from a regular Bitcoin wallet into this lightning wallet? Thanks for your help!
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3132

View Profile
December 20, 2019, 09:57:47 PM

How do I get my on chain BTC into the zap wallet / lightning? Can I send money from a regular Bitcoin wallet into this lightning wallet?

You have to open a channel with some Lightning Network node in order to be able to spend your coins over the LN. You should be able to create a new channel under "Channels" in the top-right corner. You should see a list of recommended nodes. Since you don't have any prior experience, choose one of them; it will be much easier for you. You have to fund the on-chain address of your Zap Wallet first.

Note that you won't be able to refill that channel directly from your wallet. Make the channel big enough if you want to use it more than a couple of times. Also, you won't be able to receive payments right after opening the channel. You can read the explanation here.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 3046

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2019, 11:19:36 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2019, 11:37:28 PM by BitMaxz

If you still confused to make zap wallet work you can follow this video guide from here "ZAP: How to setup and open channel in ZAP with LND

Or if you want a lightning wallet(Nodeless/No channel) easy to use you can try the Bitlum.io wallet they have a chrome plugin and you don't need to setup node/channel. This is the wallet that I use before without setting up a channel/node because I have old issue on eclair wallet which I don't know how to make it work but right now I understand that you need to make a node/channel to be able to use LN wallets.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 6188

View Profile
December 21, 2019, 04:07:24 PM

Another (more simple) way is to use Bluewallet.

1. Send funds to your on-chain wallet.
2. Open your LN wallet ==> "Manage funds" ==> "Refill".
3. You're good to go.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀