Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:51:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex revives unverified accounts  (Read 420 times)
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 01:15:25 AM

Looks like I still can’t withdrawal my NEO stuck in there without a KYC. Well, I got happy for a moment. On a side note, I just took a look at NEO’s price and it’s down from $50+ to ~$5. So not that bad. Cheesy

I wouldn't be surprised if they started requiring KYC again if Binance ever started requiring it too (maybe not immediately, though, to cash on some newly made refugees from Binance), but for now their only hope to remain afloat is this reduction in restrictions.

Signature space available for rent.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2019, 07:29:53 PM

Looks like I still can’t withdrawal my NEO stuck in there without a KYC. Well, I got happy for a moment. On a side note, I just took a look at NEO’s price and it’s down from $50+ to ~$5. So not that bad. Cheesy

I was able to get my stuck XLM withdrawn. Too bad it's only worth 0.01 BTC now compared to 0.06 BTC about a year ago  Undecided

Did Poloniex say why you couldn't get your NEO withdrawn?

taking a break - expect delayed responses
pacolito

Activity: 36
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 08:08:10 PM

I was able to get my stuck XLM withdrawn. Too bad it's only worth 0.01 BTC now compared to 0.06 BTC about a year ago  Undecided

Was your account verified already or did they allow you to withdrawal with an unverified account?

DarkStar_
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2019, 09:25:24 PM

I was able to get my stuck XLM withdrawn. Too bad it's only worth 0.01 BTC now compared to 0.06 BTC about a year ago  Undecided

Was your account verified already or did they allow you to withdrawal with an unverified account?

I have a Level 1 account. Not 100% sure what that means, but I know I never sent them my ID or any form of verification. I assumed Level 1 = Unverified, but I guess I might be wrong. This is what the FAQ says:
Q: How do I verify my Poloniex account to Level 1?

To create a Level 1 Poloniex account, please go here and provide your email address and password. Be sure to provide an email address you will not lose access to. You will then be prompted to confirm your account via an account activation email sent from do-not-reply@poloniex.com.

HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 10:53:20 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2019, 11:07:52 PM by HI-TEC99
Merited by DarkStar_ (1)

I was able to get my stuck XLM withdrawn. Too bad it's only worth 0.01 BTC now compared to 0.06 BTC about a year ago  Undecided

I have a Level 1 account. Not 100% sure what that means, but I know I never sent them my ID or any form of verification. I assumed Level 1 = Unverified, but I guess I might be wrong. This is what the FAQ says:

To create a Level 1 Poloniex account, please go here and provide your email address and password. Be sure to provide an email address you will not lose access to. You will then be prompted to confirm your account via an account activation email sent from do-not-reply@poloniex.com.

It probably required first name, last name, country, and email if it was made at the time of this screenshot.

pacolito

Activity: 36
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 11:57:23 PM
Merited by DarkStar_ (5)

Level 1 means you can withdrawal up to 10K per day.
I'm just curious if your account used to be frozen and then turned into level 1 or did you recently create this account?
Mine is still frozen as unverified and they haven't upgraded it to level 1.
DarkStar_
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2019, 12:06:10 AM
Merited by pacolito (2)

I'm just curious if your account used to be frozen and then turned into level 1 or did you recently create this account?

The account was registered in 2015. Used Poloniex occasionally, and I gave them my name (thanks HI-TEC99) to get the basic verification level. When they forced everyone to KYC about a year and a half ago, my account was frozen and I refused to KYC, so it stayed that way. Recently, I got an email saying that Level 1 accounts were back and that I could start trading (and withdrawing) again.

I think it's a staged rollout and I was lucky. The FAQ says this:
Q: I created an account in the past but I have not been upgraded to Level 1. Can you upgrade my account to Level 1 now?

We are taking time to upgrade existing unverified accounts to ensure the highest level of support and security possible for customers. While we cannot promise that your account will be upgraded to Level 1 at this moment, we will be gradually upgrading all unverified accounts over the next few months. We will reach out to you through your Poloniex account email address when your account has been upgraded. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Hopefully you get access to your funds soon.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 10:48:06 PM
Merited by malevolent (1)

Does anyone know whether they'll loosen up on radioactive nationalities like Iranians and Syrians? I assume almost certainly not but they could scrape up some business if they went full axis of evil.

As for myself nothing they've done has done anything other than incrementally reduce the faith I started with there in 20whatever it was. And since Justin Sun looks like a goosed phallus with a wig on, and also initially denied having anything to do with the sale, I'm gone for good.

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
December 30, 2019, 09:50:46 AM

Does anyone know whether they'll loosen up on radioactive nationalities like Iranians and Syrians? I assume almost certainly not but they could scrape up some business if they went full axis of evil.

As for myself nothing they've done has done anything other than incrementally reduce the faith I started with there in 20whatever it was. And since Justin Sun looks like a goosed phallus with a wig on, and also initially denied having anything to do with the sale, I'm gone for good.

Interesting description of Mr Sun.

Now, I'd like to point out that Poloniex is unverified.

Justin Sun has officially said that he fully trusts the management of Poloniex, whom he's a shareholder, but never acknowledges he was the largest shareholder, with full control of the company.

It's a possibility that Poloniex is now controlled by Iran. Or Al Qaida. Who knows? In the Seychelles, everything's hidden.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
December 30, 2019, 07:00:09 PM

It's a possibility that Poloniex is now controlled by Iran. Or Al Qaida. Who knows? In the Seychelles, everything's hidden.

they couldn't do any worse of a job running poloniex than circle did! Tongue

Justin Sun has officially said that he fully trusts the management of Poloniex, whom he's a shareholder, but never acknowledges he was the largest shareholder, with full control of the company.

we don't need him to acknowledge anything. actions speak louder than words. let's look at what poloniex has done since the acquisition:
-they immediately listed TRX. https://support.poloniex.circle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036113171-Poloniex-lists-TRON-TRX-
-they launched a trading competition for TRX. https://support.poloniex.circle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037614392
-they launched staking rewards for TRX. https://support.poloniex.circle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037661752-TRX-Staking-Christmas-Campaign
-they acquired tron's largest DEX. https://cointelegraph.com/news/poloniex-acquires-tron-networks-biggest-decentralized-exchange
-they even got caught telling followers to buy TRX in a deleted tweet. https://beincrypto.com/poloniex-caught-telling-followers-to-buy-tron-in-deleted-tweet/

justin sun is putting that tron ICO money to good use.....

gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 31, 2019, 04:35:43 PM

More sexy fun here - https://bitcoinist.com/poloniex-exchange-security-breach/

There's a lot of valuable data on there which I presume wasn't handed it over with the expectation of it winding up in the hands of fuckwits. This doesn't bode all too well for their bright shiny future.
squatter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
December 31, 2019, 05:54:13 PM

More sexy fun here - https://bitcoinist.com/poloniex-exchange-security-breach/

There's a lot of valuable data on there which I presume wasn't handed it over with the expectation of it winding up in the hands of fuckwits. This doesn't bode all too well for their bright shiny future.

Two months after the buyout and they are already getting hacked! Apparently, they put all their money into pumping Tron and didn't leave much for security.

The lack of official announcement and general secrecy about the compromise -- despite telling users to reset passwords -- is pretty appalling. This screams of incompetence and unscrupulousness.

figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
December 31, 2019, 07:40:10 PM

amazingly, no outlets besides bitcoinist and a few no-name sites covered the breach. nothing from coindesk, cointelegraph, CCN, etc even though poloniex customer support confirmed the emails were real.

i guess to keep a security breach out of the headlines, all you have to do is not announce anything about it? Huh

they got me excited for a minute by bringing back non-KYC accounts but screw these shady assholes. stick with binance or kucoin.

gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 31, 2019, 07:44:15 PM

amazingly, no outlets besides bitcoinist and a few no-name sites covered the breach. nothing from coindesk, cointelegraph, CCN, etc even though poloniex customer support confirmed the emails were real.

It's not a reassuring start to their reign, that's for sure.

Considering the geographical move, the relative mystery of who bought and the Tron shit they should be going all out to prove they're worthy of our business. This is the diametric opposite.

The shonkiest aspect of their handling of it is sending out an email about this and not announcing the leak beforehand. Most people rightly thought it was yet another phishing attempt.

Interested to see where their volumes are in a few months from now.
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 01, 2020, 05:09:13 AM

This is a reversal from the norm: An exchange that previously mandated KYC is now allowing unverified accounts again.

Unverified Poloniex accounts can now withdraw up to $10,000 per day. Only an email address is required. I guess that's the payoff for moving to the Seychelles.

Our Level 1 account tier allows customers to access unlimited trading, unlimited deposits, and $10,000 per day in withdrawals simply by entering their email address and password and verifying their email.

PSA: Poloniex's taking money from its customers to cover its loss

Very interesting.

We could see some old school players going back to Poloniex because of this move. However, the $10k limit that they impose is still much less than the 2 BTC per day that Binance allows, especially if BTC was to move upwards. So that is obviously something to look out for.

Based on their track record and people's experience with them previously I honestly think this might be too late. Their customer support has one of the worst reputations around here.

uuam

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 01:29:20 PM

Same for me. Did the unfreeze your acount by now?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: