Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:10:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: To anyone who had issue with Jaxx Classic in last 2 weeks  (Read 174 times)
Waradlain (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 150
Merit: 30

View Profile
December 23, 2019, 02:40:51 PM
Merited by pooya87 (1), hugeblack (1)

There was a problem with Jaxx Classic wallet after Google update on Android phones
Here's what happened:
https://blog.jaxx.io/the-importance-of-backing-up-your-12-words-wallet-phrase/
Google Chrome updated it's app and WebView component which Jaxx uses. Stored data location was changed
After update Jaxx wasnt able to find a data needed to log in to your wallet and suggested to create a new wallet or to restore the old one using 12-words phrase
I didnt have the phrase so i contacted a Jaxx support and all they said, that my wallet is lost forever.
What helped me:
Ensure all background processes are closed on your Android
Remove Google Chrome app from your phone and manually install it once again
After that i launched Jaxx and it logged into my old wallet with all the coins.
Hope it will help you
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 3677

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2019, 06:56:55 PM

Is anyone still using that wallet? Cheesy Cheesy
A better solution is to stop using it as it is a wallet full of bugs and there are many unresolved loopholes.
Thanks for helping others with solutions.

I didnt have the phrase so i contacted a Jaxx support and all they said, that my wallet is lost forever.
The golden advice is to keep your 12/24 seed phrase and/or to keep several copies of them in a safe place.
Was this the response of the support team? How unfortunate.
Waradlain (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 150
Merit: 30

View Profile
December 23, 2019, 09:34:39 PM

Is anyone still using that wallet? Cheesy Cheesy
A better solution is to stop using it as it is a wallet full of bugs and there are many unresolved loopholes.
Thanks for helping others with solutions.

The golden advice is to keep your 12/24 seed phrase and/or to keep several copies of them in a safe place.
Was this the response of the support team? How unfortunate.
yeah, had this wallet for years. It was suppose to be used for 1 or 2 transactions, so didnt worry about keeping seed phrase until that day
Support said that it's lost forever. That's why i posted it here, someone might have same problem
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2974

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2019, 11:24:52 PM

yeah, had this wallet for years. It was suppose to be used for 1 or 2 transactions, so didnt worry about keeping seed phrase until that day
Support said that it's lost forever. That's why i posted it here, someone might have same problem
Next time backup your seed phrase even you just want to use it as temporary so that you can use the back up if needed just like this time.

I never use jaxx wallet because I heard lots of complaints about this wallet it is likely the same as exodus.
If you want a better wallet switch to the Coinomi wallet which is better than the other multi-crypto wallet. I'm using this for a long time and never experienced any problem yet.
Another alternative is the ABRA wallet they also support multiple crypto but it's not available on Desktop they only support Android and Apple devices.

Or if you have a plan hold coins for long term Hardware wallets is the best option like Ledger nano.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1354

BUY BITCOIN

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2019, 09:34:08 AM

What helped me:
Ensure all background processes are closed on your Android
Remove Google Chrome app from your phone and manually install it once again
Something on the solution may be weird since after the update that's the time Jaxx immediately didn't able to read the data from it's files.
It's totally bug for their side for sure.
Removing Google Chrome app seems like weird connection to the Jaxx app.
But it's totally fine, you fixed it and good for you then.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 11:56:42 PM

Removing Google Chrome app seems like weird connection to the Jaxx app.
But it's totally fine, you fixed it and good for you then.
That's what I think as well since chrome and android webview are separate, but if OP clear the whole cache/data of the device or just clear cache/data the android system webview app, then that might work
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: