Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:46:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling for ban on Yobit  (Read 182 times)
AverageGlabella (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1080

View Profile
December 23, 2019, 04:24:19 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2019, 04:35:39 PM by AverageGlabella
Merited by marlboroza (2)

I have just got back from my vacation and have discovered that Cryptotalk that I was advertising before have changed their advertising banners to advertise "InvestBox"

@theymos I think this has to be the final chance that Yobit has had on the forum. They have recently changed their signature campaign to advertise a highly suspicious and probable pyramid scheme which will only harm the community.

They have been banned in the past for spamming and have caused a lot of spam this time around. Yahoo did help by removing the majority of spammers but I don't think the forum should be allowing services such as these to remain on the forum even if they are not officially endorsed. I get why scams are not moderated typically but allowing scams to advertise and be a cause of several infringements in the past is unacceptable.

Here's what investbox is according to yobit:
Invest your free coins to InvestBox! It’s a tool for devs to promote their coins. It’s NOT Pyramid/HYIP, all payments are made from special fund.
InvestBoxes can change status from Active to «No coins», but you can close your investment any time, it’s 100% safe.
InvestBoxes of AIR have a new type (no investment close, you can only get daily percent).

They might claim that this is not a pyramid scheme....but they are lying. Even if this was not a pyramid scheme (which it is) The idea of a company not being transparent and telling its investors that payments come from a "special fund" is crazy. Yobit have had a chance to clean up their act but this has ponzi written all over it and the initial high payments for advertising their signature now make sense.

Yobit made headlines because is was the e most paid advertising campaign when they could have offered a lot less and would have probably still had a lot of people advertising their services instead they wanted to get further publicity and be featured in several discussions over the internet before turning their fake signature campaign into an advertisement for a pyramid scheme which they will probably be relying on to generate that initial investment they made in the signature campaign and a lot more.

Yobit have been accused of several wrongdoings in the past but this community gave them the benefit of the doubt as long as they were not advertising their exchange. They are now doing even worse than that and are advertising a highly probable ponzi pyramid.

Anyone that is promoting this pyramid scheme should be notified and then red tagged if they are unwilling to stop advertising a ponzi pyramid.  

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2019, 04:32:39 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5211902.0
AverageGlabella (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1080

View Profile
December 23, 2019, 04:35:21 PM

I did come across this while posting my thread I think its probably better to just quote this in that thread.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: