Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 06:32:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Need some help with Wordpress  (Read 146 times)
LTU_btc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1341

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2019, 10:06:04 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2019, 10:41:09 PM by LTU_btc

I need some little help with Wordpress. After moving to new host and uploading website backup, I get this error:
Warning!

The file /home/bitceyyy/public_html/wp-content/advanced-cache.php already exists. Please manually delete it before using this plugin. If you continue to see this message after deleting it please contact your hosting support.
I'm noob in these things, so I'm looking for someone to solve this thing. Looking for high ranked and trusted members only because they will have to access my website. PM me and tell how much you charge for it.

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
December 23, 2019, 10:19:48 PM
Merited by LTU_btc (5)

I'm guessing you're using a caching plugin such as WP Super Cache?

Do you use an interface such as cpanel to host your site? You should be able to go into your files, and then navigate to the path that it indicates, and delete that file. Then you can import your existing site. Sometimes this can occur when you've used two different caching plugins, and they've both generated the advanced-cache.php file. Simply, copying it from the main plugin you intend to use to the other location should do the trick or deleting it. I'm assuming this is because you are trying to import a old copy of your website which had a different caching plugin installed.

Without seeing it I'm only taking stabs in the dark. However, I'd recommend highly against giving anyone access to your site without being able to record every change or check the integrity of the database.

If you're using a FTP client rather than cpanel. Then just navigate to wp-content/plugins/<caching plugin>. A lot of users tend to run into this problem whenever they attempt using two caching plugins, and some plugins might not advertise that this is an option primarily, but it may be an option.
LTU_btc (OP)
Legendary

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2019, 10:40:15 PM

I'm guessing you're using a caching plugin such as WP Super Cache?

Do you use cpanel to host your site? You should be able to go into your files, and then navigate to the path that it indicates, and delete that file. Then you can import your existing site. Sometimes this can occur when you've used too different caching plugins, and they've both generated the advanced-cache.php file. Simply, duplicating  copying it from the main plugin you intend to use to the other location should do the trick.
Yes, I have this plugin and and cPanel. I already previously moved my website from old host to current one. I was a bit afraid t go into files myself to screw something because my knowledge is minimal. But I tried to find this file. Now I deted this file and error had disappeared. Thank you so much for your help!

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
December 23, 2019, 10:47:16 PM

No worries. Whenever you're in doubt just make a backup, and alter to your hearts content. If you mess up, and you will eventually completely mess up your site restore from the back up. If there's a problem ever with you importing your backup you can always give me a message, and I'll see if I can come up with a solution.

LTU_btc (OP)
Legendary

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2019, 10:51:01 PM

No worries. Whenever you're in doubt just make a backup, and alter to your hearts content. If you mess up, and you will eventually completely mess up your site restore from the back up. If there's a problem ever with you importing your backup you can always give me a message, and I'll see if I can come up with a solution.

Yeah, I know that backup is must have thing in such cases. Thank for help and Meryy Christmas to you!
I'm locking topic now.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: