Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:18:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Monacoin Hash Rate Has Gone Wayyyyy Up  (Read 336 times)
lzy930313 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2019, 12:59:50 AM

The network hashrate and the difficulty seem to have rocketed by at least 30% in the last dozen hours and according to https://miningpoolstats.stream/monacoin, 46.1% or the total hashrate is from unknown source. Any guess on what's happening xD?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1709

View Profile
December 24, 2019, 05:37:14 AM

The network hashrate and the difficulty seem to have rocketed by at least 30% in the last dozen hours and according to https://miningpoolstats.stream/monacoin, 46.1% or the total hashrate is from unknown source. Any guess on what's happening xD?

I can't believe that this coin still exists. I think I remember mining it back in 2014, it used the same algo as Litecoin years ago and maybe they switched algos to something else. Had to check Coinmarketcap and "yes" the coin still exists.

Looks like it had a marketcap of $1 billion once during the Q4 2017 time and its been declining ever since.

My guess is that maybe someone wants to rent hashrate to gain some Mona instead of buying it on an exchange due to poor liquidity. So most likely someone might be mining it for the next few days/weeks and then it might get pumped on the exchange.

Either that or its the most profitable coin to mine with that algo since many miners are switching away from ETH.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
badbart

Activity: 449
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 24, 2019, 02:10:35 PM

They have ASICS for that algo.  I use to have one and sold it 2 months ago feeling pretty good about it now.  Gotta be a new ASIC out.
Ruso21

Activity: 115
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 25, 2019, 06:14:01 AM

I can't believe that this coin still exists. I think I remember mining it back in 2014, it used the same algo as Litecoin years ago and maybe they switched algos to something else. Had to check Coinmarketcap and "yes" the coin still exists.

Looks like it had a marketcap of $1 billion once during the Q4 2017 time and its been declining ever since.

My guess is that maybe someone wants to rent hashrate to gain some Mona instead of buying it on an exchange due to poor liquidity. So most likely someone might be mining it for the next few days/weeks and then it might get pumped on the exchange.

Either that or its the most profitable coin to mine with that algo since many miners are switching away from ETH.

you are outdated. Monacoin is a coin from Japan, they created this coin because they believe the potential of Crypto.
some companies pay partial salary with it because in some convenience store accept it.

Monacoin is the most profitable coin on Lyra2rev2, it is ASIC compatible and never saw some hardfork news.

little too early to say about the hashrate increase, i would see after this week.
john1010

Activity: 2086
Merit: 562

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2019, 03:28:23 PM

I remembered when the time that gpu miner uses R9 cards, I used to mine this coin and i can't believe it's existing up today.
hadi-dindar

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 09:43:33 PM

can any one explain why mona network hashrate going up and up per day
110 th today
last month was 30th
 Cry
hadi-dindar

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 10:06:52 PM

They have ASICS for that algo.  I use to have one and sold it 2 months ago feeling pretty good about it now.  Gotta be a new ASIC out.

are u sure gotta company out new asic miner for this algorithm ?
badbart

Activity: 449
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 11:44:25 PM

They have ASICS for that algo.  I use to have one and sold it 2 months ago feeling pretty good about it now.  Gotta be a new ASIC out.

are u sure gotta company out new asic miner for this algorithm ?

I haven't heard of any new ASICS but a two fold increase in difficulty and no other decent coin to mine with Lyra2REv2 the hash has to be new machines.
hadi-dindar

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 10:46:57 AM

i cehck miningpoolstatus website
50% of mona network hasrate is unknown
and not exist news about new machine !
maybe this hashrate is rental
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: