Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:38:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where can I buy btc  (Read 1720 times)
manoamano (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:58:36 PM

With paypal?
cookiemonsterwhat

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:04:54 PM

You can, just head over to the ads on localbitcoins.com.

If thats not your way, you can go with coinbase as well.

But I`m just confused, if you been on this forum by now this long, how you might have heard of them... Tongue
manoamano (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:08:58 PM

I want something cheap, without fees Tongue
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 07:32:44 PM

It ain't possible without fees. A Paypal<->BTC is a high risk transaction - nobody is gonna risk their asses for a couple of cents.

jperryman

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:42:54 PM

Unfortunately, no fees + PayPal don't mix, especially when dealing with bitcoin. What country are you located if I may ask?
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:56:37 PM

You might want to go another route. Bitcoin and PayPal are a bad mix.
PayPal may close your account or the seller may just disappear with your money. If that happens you have no recourse. And it happens all the time. If I were you I would set up an account at an exchange, fund it with a money order, then buy and withdraw your coins to your control. Don't let someone talk you into a great deal or an alt-coin or a share or stock. Screw that. Pay full price at an exchange and get your BTC out of the exchange quickly.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:12:54 PM

hey maybe look around if there is a Bitcoin atm in your area or maybe someone you know and trust will have one near them.  Just a thought that you might like to think about, good luck.
Sector7G

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:50:58 AM

I am also looking for a recommendation regarding online bitcoin exchanges.  I bought a little USB miner on ebay a while ago.  It's been hashing away at 2Gh.  Not much, I know.  Now that I've had some practice, I'm ready to step up.  I'm thinking of buying an Antminer S1.  Buying direct from them requires I have bitcoins. 

I need bitcoins to purchase an Antminer.  So I'm looking for an online exchange where I can buy bitcoins with US dollars.  I'm looking for recommendations on which exchanges are reliable, or which I should avoid.  Also, after all the reading I've done, I prefer to keep my bitcoins in my own wallet on my computer, and back it up myself.  So I just need a place where I can make the exchange, then transfer to my wallet.  That may require having an online wallet to hold the bitcoins temporarily, and that's OK.

thanks!

Mr.V

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:56:36 AM

Charge backs killed the earlier sellers back in the day. No one touches paypal for btc anymore

BTC:1NwEE7C2hVLSNGwSrFvsYgTrKddCvfhRwY
wallstreetcoiner

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:17:15 AM

With paypal?

Ebay.
fatguyyyyy

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Bitcoin Mixer: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 03:55:37 AM

the only way, I can think of would be a friend you know in person, whos also in bitcoin as well.

sabreezie

Activity: 39

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:03:59 PM

the only way, I can think of would be a friend you know in person, whos also in bitcoin as well.

I wish to have a friend who use bitcoin and is willing to sell it
gofoter

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:05:25 PM

Localbitcoins-a great choice.

Yuki1988

Activity: 614

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:41:38 PM

I am also looking for a recommendation regarding online bitcoin exchanges.  I bought a little USB miner on ebay a while ago.  It's been hashing away at 2Gh.  Not much, I know.  Now that I've had some practice, I'm ready to step up.  I'm thinking of buying an Antminer S1.  Buying direct from them requires I have bitcoins. 

I need bitcoins to purchase an Antminer.  So I'm looking for an online exchange where I can buy bitcoins with US dollars.  I'm looking for recommendations on which exchanges are reliable, or which I should avoid.  Also, after all the reading I've done, I prefer to keep my bitcoins in my own wallet on my computer, and back it up myself.  So I just need a place where I can make the exchange, then transfer to my wallet.  That may require having an online wallet to hold the bitcoins temporarily, and that's OK.

thanks!

I would suggest Coinbase as you are in US.
Of course you can use localbitcoins as well.

Yuki1988

Activity: 614

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:43:10 PM

Agree.
With the potential chargeback, it is very hard to buy bitcoin with paypal without considerable fees.

BootstrapCoinDev

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 12:18:19 PM

Agree.
With the potential chargeback, it is very hard to buy bitcoin with paypal without considerable fees.
Seems a huge hassle to me, also pretty sure there will be hefty commissions to pay somewhere through that process. To buy with no extra fees and anonymous, use local bitcoins. You can buy with cash in person or just a cash deposit.
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1073

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 12:24:05 PM

Paypay itself charges high comission from seller, plus chargeback is a big risk for the seller.

If you want easy and cheap, then find another way

jennifer21

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 12:53:12 PM

You can actually google on how to buy btc thru paypal. I think you will go to localbitcoin first before you can buy something thru paypal.
novacn

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 01:58:21 PM

Yes localbitcoin is the way to go. While I'd say better use an exchange to trade directly from fiat to btc.

LeoRR

Activity: 1

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 02:06:46 PM

I was told that there is a risk when buying BTC with Paypal on localbitcoins. Am I wrong ? Can't remember the thingy...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: