Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:43:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alright, I see this gentleman selling testosterone...  (Read 1401 times)
ALPHA. (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 08:23:44 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=24196.0

What are the benefits of these testosterone injections? Do they improve productivity by very much?

I find myself curious as to why people inject this stuff besides having low-t.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 08:46:43 PM

Atlas would like to know:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=24196.0

What are the benefits of these testosterone injections? Do they improve productivity by very much?

I find myself curious as to why people inject this stuff besides having low-t.

But he doesn't know how to ask questions without starting new threads (that way he can lock them when they don't go his way) so I'm asking for him. Thanks!

Thanks for the question.  Testosterone has many functions in the body- it increases muscle mass, allows the body to more readily burn fat, plays a role in sleep quality, sexual function, and an overall feeling of well-being.  Testosterone makes you feel younger and better overall.  It increases sex drive and decreases feelings of soreness after a hard workout.  It allows your body to heal muscles more quickly after a workout and aids the body in utilizing protein to quickly and efficiently repair muscle and make new muscle tissue.

Athletes use testosterone to be more competitive.  There are many examples in many sports, but fans of mixed martial arts know about cases like Chael Sonnen, Royce Gracie, and Tim Sylvia.  Testosterone is an anabolic steroid, and steroids give you a solid edge in fighting or any support that is highly physically demanding.  If you need to be as strong as you can be- you need anabolic steroids.

deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
November 17, 2011, 09:03:33 PM

Aren't anabolic steroids banned from most sporting events....

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

howdy

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2011, 01:01:47 AM

Aren't anabolic steroids banned from most sporting events....

Only if you're caught  Grin

Fluttershy

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 18, 2011, 05:31:00 AM

You probably shouldn't do it unless you consult with your doctor first, it could really fuck you up. And you should probably only take it if you actually plan on working out, not good to take it while sedentary.

elggawf

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 18, 2011, 06:31:55 PM

You probably shouldn't do it unless you consult with your doctor first, it could really fuck you up. And you should probably only take it if you actually plan on working out, not good to take it while sedentary.

If you have low testosterone levels it's probably not the end of the world to take it if you don't work out, but you're probably better off taking something like Tribulus Terrestris, which may or may not restore your body's natural testosterone levels. I'm pretty sure taking testosterone by itself (real or synthetic) reduces your body's ability to create testosterone by itself, so it's pretty dumb to do if you're otherwise healthy, below 30, and have no need for the extra performance.

Honestly though, unless you've been diagnosed with low testosterone by a real doctor, there's seriously no reason a 17 year old should fuck with anabolics at all. Depending on the type of supplement, you could grow tits, break out with heinous acne or other skin conditions, as well as the potential social effects. If you're 17 years old and healthy and you want to get huge, diet and working out until you shit yourself will probably have a much more profound effect. If you're 17 years old, otherwise healthy, and aren't trying to get huge, I can't fathom why you'd inject yourself with this shit.

^_^
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2011, 08:05:09 PM

If you have low testosterone levels it's probably not the end of the world to take it if you don't work out, but you're probably better off taking something like Tribulus Terrestris, which may or may not restore your body's natural testosterone levels. I'm pretty sure taking testosterone by itself (real or synthetic) reduces your body's ability to create testosterone by itself, so it's pretty dumb to do if you're otherwise healthy, below 30, and have no need for the extra performance.

Honestly though, unless you've been diagnosed with low testosterone by a real doctor, there's seriously no reason a 17 year old should fuck with anabolics at all. Depending on the type of supplement, you could grow tits, break out with heinous acne or other skin conditions, as well as the potential social effects. If you're 17 years old and healthy and you want to get huge, diet and working out until you shit yourself will probably have a much more profound effect. If you're 17 years old, otherwise healthy, and aren't trying to get huge, I can't fathom why you'd inject yourself with this shit.

While I personally find tribulus pretty awesome at sub body-building doses (it produces a mild, fairly long acting, stimulant-like buzz), fucking around with your androgen receptors and your pituitary gland in your teens is probably a bad idea.  While there's a fair amount of research regarding its traditional use to treat infertility and sexual dysfunction issues and the research reveals no significant issues relate to that use, there's not a lot of research into the effects of taking it long-term in high doses (there's one study which found it produced dopamine fatigue in sheep - that's far from definitive but it's consistent with the effect that long-term, high dose stimulant use can produce in humans so further research is warranted).

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
elggawf

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 19, 2011, 12:09:07 AM

While I personally find tribulus pretty awesome at sub body-building doses (it produces a mild, fairly long acting, stimulant-like buzz), fucking around with your androgen receptors and your pituitary gland in your teens is probably a bad idea.  While there's a fair amount of research regarding its traditional use to treat infertility and sexual dysfunction issues and the research reveals no significant issues relate to that use, there's not a lot of research into the effects of taking it long-term in high doses (there's one study which found it produced dopamine fatigue in sheep - that's far from definitive but it's consistent with the effect that long-term, high dose stimulant use can produce in humans so further research is warranted).

Oh absolutely, and you're right there's not a lot of research surrounding tribulus at all (in fact I don't even think it's been medically proven that it has the effects most people consider it to).

You're 100% correct though, and I'd go further that unless he's got a reason to there's probably nothing good going to come from a 17 year old taking anything remotely related to hormones except under the direction of a decent doctor. A good diet and exercise is probably going to have the same effect (and less side effects) for someone up until their late 20s at least.

^_^
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: