Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:40:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone buying Nextcoin?  (Read 2860 times)
Juret (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:17:15 PM

Is there any specific value to this coin? Could be a good buying opportunity now being down to 0.000055. Bid/ask spread looks quite big though.
gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:40:45 AM

you can't use those adresses
http://cryptolife.net/in-depth-analysis-nxt/

williamevanl

Activity: 404
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:47:26 AM

^Doesn't seem like a very in depth analysis. The initial distribution did suck but people are continuing to invest because of the huge investment by the developers. At this point NXT is less like a crypto and more like a company that had fairly small IPO. It's one of a few cryptos though that actually has huge ongoing development being done.

There are some huge wallets for NXT and there are a handful of people that could tank it, that's all true. The majority of these people realize though all the work that is being done and recognize the huge potential it all has.

I just bought into NXT yesterday pretty substantially. I'm aware of all the facts behind it but I just can't get past the fact that everything else is just a clone of bitcoin with no real future development work being done. If NXT has problems time will solve them, too many people are working on it to fail.

IF it does fail at this point, at least I threw my cards in on something that was a complete original work with a completely innovative set of ideas. I have no interest in the future of any other alt coins. I simply can't understand how they can even have a future outside of some minor niche markets. (like doge for tipping).

If instead of marketcap you could see 'developmental effort' next to each alt, there would an army of work that has been done for only a couple coins, Bitcoin and NXT.
dekdek

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

| TeamFLT | Trader & Investor |

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:57:26 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 03:56:11 AM by dekdek

Buy cheap , Hold .  Wink

ebereon

Activity: 397
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:59:59 AM

As far as NXT price goes, It is hard to imagine that NXT wont reach $1 USD at some point in the future, however NXT is under attack as evidenced by the large amount of recent trolling, some a lot more convincing than emule. Expect volatility ahead as the anti-NXT guys that have accumulated a large amount from previous spikes and dumps still have reserves. NXT represents a big threat to the establishment, bitcoin and fiat, and it does not take much to double the price or halve the price. A volatile price shakes confidence. Look at what the fiat guys did to bitcoin!

As far as active developers on major crypto goes the following is my ranking:
1) Bitcoin - not sure, but assuming there are quite a few
2) NXT - I know of at least a dozen devs, probably a lot are working in stealth mode
3) Ripple - 10 devs/tech guys https://www.ripplelabs.com/team/
4) etherium - Huh
5) counterparty - 3 devs
6) mastercoin - 3? devs not as good as counterparty but they have thousands of BTC)
7) DRK - 1 dev + 1
8  Anoncoin - 1 dev maybe 2?
9) emunie - 1 dev

There are other coins with a couple of devs, but most altcoins dont even have a single fulltime developer! I apologize to things like colored coins and others that I am sure exist, but I only use coinmarketcap to get candidates (other than ETH and emunie)
<rant>
Those of you that are not programmers, I ask a favor. Please stop complaining. It really doesnt help morale at all and it is counterproductive. If you want to help, test. If you cant test, then just lurk instead of bitching. You do want to help dont you?
</rant>
Now if you are invested in NXT to quickly double your investment, please join emule. The scope of NXT is quite a bit larger than a 3 week project. If you do not understand this, I suggest sell. If you like centralized organization, there is mastercoin and emunie for you. They are very centralized. You could always invest in XRP, but then again there is that 55 billion they have promised to giveaway, but that still leaves another 45 billion that could hit the market at any time. People complain about a few accts with 50 million NXT??? What is a few people having 5% each compared to a single organization controlling 93% of inventory???

NXT price will not go in a straight line. People will buy the rumor and sell the news, like what happened with mastercoin. It is no surprise that the price goes down when they release. The reason is that it was preannounced, everybody knew it was going to come out. So everybody who is into that sort of thing already purchased it before the release, who was left to buy it? Nobody. That is why the price went down. Day trading 101.

NXT is a currency. Yes of course it is. Everybody can see their NXT balance. There is a price in the markets. You can send NXT to people. Anybody that says NXT is not a currency is being silly.

NXT is a platform. Yes of course it is. I built nodecoin not out of thin air, but on top of NXT. It took a day of coding. This shows the power of NXT, I am just a simple C programmer. Imagine what somebody with real skills could do!

NXT is a decentralized asset exchange. Yes of course it is. We can all see it on testnet.

NXT is a <fill in the blank>. Yes of course it is. NXT enables things. NXT is like the internet. Does anybody say that email IS the internet or that the internet IS email? Is the internet http? Is http the internet? Is bittorrent the internet? Is the internet bittorent? Is ...

I hope you get the idea. There are literally a thousand things that can be built on top of NXT. One of the reasons why I starting coding again is that I wanted to create a developers kit to make it easy for other simple C programmers to create stuff. I was a little rusty at first and all this crypto decentralized stuff was new so I had a steep learning curve, but I am getting in to gear so if I can stop getting distracted by all this nonsense in this thread I could be pretty productive.

However, when there is a serious threat to NXT, I need to respond and the level of insidious undermining of confidence in NXT that is going on has gotten to a point where I have to take time out of programming.

If NXT is dead, then everything other than bitcoin is dead. BCNext is gone, but was he ever really here? Actually I dont think he was ever on this thread. In any case, jean-luc is our BCNext now. He is here to stay and if you havent noticed, he keeps cranking out release after release. His code is so nice and clean, I am even tempted to learn Java! If jean-luc was the only developer, NXT would still survive. However, we have so many more contributors. True many left for other projects, but that only makes sense if you are after the big score. Going from nothing to a few millions. Sure, nice if you can get it, but what happens when the price of the new fantastic NXT clone comes out and ** gasp ** nobody becomes a millionaire? The people that jumped ship wont stick around long as they have proven that they are quick to abandon.

Anyway, we all know that the initial distribution wasnt great. However, it is much, much better than ripple. NXT isnt perfect, it is what it is. If you dont like it, please sell and leave us in peace. For whatever its worth, it is my opinion that NXT is better than any of the alternatives and my multisig gateways and other add on services will not be available for any NXT clones, regardless of who makes them. Without real world gateways, NXT is confined to crypto land. With real world gateways, NXT can expand into the real world. The multigateway to other cryptos is just a start.

Anyway, please bookmark this or whatever and use it for anti-FUD. I am tired of repeating myself. gotta get to work

James

P.S. back to the NXT is like the internet analogy. Assuming you agree with me on that, please estimate how much owning some percentage of the actual internet would be worth. Owning NXT would be like that. Long term real estate thinking is what you need to have. NXT is raw land now, bulldozers, construction workers, big mess. If you dont like messy things, sell NXT Smiley

This is a nice read to make your own decision.

Sry James to quote you here, but could not resist  Cheesy
williamevanl

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:14:25 AM

Additionally, you don't have to be fazed by the IPO. I obviously came in really late and started with 3,333 NXT. I've followed all the releases like a hawk and kept buying and selling (when people went a little too crazy) until I got to 30,000. I put little amounts of cash into whenever it gets down, sold a password recovery app getting to 44,000.

Now I'm nearing at 100,000 NXT. (as I said just bought in yesterday) It's still early enough that you can recognize it for what it is and own a pretty good percentage of the whole thing even though you missed the IPO. (Especially you miners now that they have the NXT pool!)

These trivial ups and downs of the market are going to look like a blip of nothing in the future, eclipsed by the world eventually catching up to where it should be. (like when Bitcoiners fretted about the swings between $1 and $3 dollars) You'll be looking at a graph a year from now trying to figure out what the price even was. *was it 3 cents?! Yes, it was f@#$@n 3 cents!* Wish I hadn't bitched so much about that IPO and just got in then. Smiley
DrearyUrbanite

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:47:10 AM

Additionally, you don't have to be fazed by the IPO. I obviously came in really late and started with 3,333 NXT. I've followed all the releases like a hawk and kept buying and selling (when people went a little too crazy) until I got to 30,000. I put little amounts of cash into whenever it gets down, sold a password recovery app getting to 44,000.

Now I'm nearing at 100,000 NXT. (as I said just bought in yesterday) It's still early enough that you can recognize it for what it is and own a pretty good percentage of the whole thing even though you missed the IPO. (Especially you miners now that they have the NXT pool!)

These trivial ups and downs of the market are going to look like a blip of nothing in the future, eclipsed by the world eventually catching up to where it should be. (like when Bitcoiners fretted about the swings between $1 and $3 dollars) You'll be looking at a graph a year from now trying to figure out what the price even was. *was it 3 cents?! Yes, it was f@#$@n 3 cents!* Wish I hadn't bitched so much about that IPO and just got in then. Smiley

I have been buying what I an steadily since early December. Like you, I am approaching 100K NXT and I think it is possible that may be enough to retire in two or three years. The price is low enough now that nearly anyone can still get in on the ground floor.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
williamevanl

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:00:44 AM

The one thing that bothers me, does everyone else realize that everything else is just a copy of the same thing?! (with the exception of the platforms that aren't really cryptos by themselves 'ripple', 'etheryum').

I feel like the news should have been bigger. "Okay so we have Bitcoin, 1000's of other variations made from exactly the same code (new names, fun pictures and forums, stupid spin *it's a global currency for spain*, really?!) and oh shit, something that isn't Bitcoin, a completely original codebase with completely different fundamentals." Now we have freaking clones of clones of NXT but still no other alt built from the ground up original crypto-currencies.

Modifying 15 lines of code isn't innovation, it's just a freaking copy.  At this point I'm not sure I'd care if 99% of NXT was owned by one person with the amount of development going into it; I'd probably be begging that one person to let me in just a little.
wallstreetcoiner

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:03:52 AM

I have been buying what I an steadily since early December. Like you, I am approaching 100K NXT and I think it is possible that may be enough to retire in two or three years. The price is low enough now that nearly anyone can still get in on the ground floor.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_yESLMxNxM6Y/TGkv7KIdztI/AAAAAAAABzE/aWIcZ7_Jn-c/s320/android.jpg

If you can retire in two or three years on a $3,000 investment you'll be doing great.

I'm still shocked that people don't see the huge opportunity in Goldcoin (GLD) at the moment trading at a penny. Their new java wallet coming in Spring will make NXT and GLD the only two currencies coded/based in java and this goldcoin has practically no big hands, so no worry about dumpers.

I think your retirement strategy odds would increase significantly with $3K in NXT and $3K in GLD. These two coins are a match made in crypto heaven
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:04:07 AM

I've read the link mentioned http://cryptolife.net/in-depth-analysis-nxt/ and I believe the analysis is good enough in the sense of giving precautions to whoever is thinking about  "investing" in Nxt, and in counter-arguing against shills. I guess it can't hurt to hold a few Nxt, like it doesn't to hold a few Dogecoins, Hobonickels or Peercoins or whatever you believe has future, but ultimately what you do with your money it's only your business, not mine as a detractor neither is Nxt shills.

On a personal note -- if it isn't obvious already -- I'm becoming quite frankly fed up of Nxt promoters, Nxt shills and Nxt community. It's not the Nxt alt-coin per se. All I see are bag holders waiting to lure others into their dump. The situation fits well alongside scams, referral spam, excuses for large premines, IPOs that we see on this forum, and in other context, multilevel marketing or CPA offers. In short, bottom of the barrel self-serving garbage. The scrypt multipool that pays out in Nxt (and the agenda of some supporters with the explicit purpose of dumping others to pump themselves) caught my attention and illustrates at what extent people go. If they feel the need to dump/destroy others to pump their coin, this is evidence they ARE bag holders of a coin that does not have real-life financial or economic value to stand on their own.

The software and the developers indeed have merit, however.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:06:52 AM

The one thing that bothers me, does everyone else realize that everything else is just a copy of the same thing?! (with the exception of the platforms that aren't really cryptos by themselves 'ripple', 'etheryum').

I feel like the news should have been bigger. "Okay so we have Bitcoin, 1000's of other variations made from exactly the same code (new names, fun pictures and forums, stupid spin *it's a global currency for spain*, really?!) and oh shit, something that isn't Bitcoin, a completely original codebase with completely different fundamentals." Now we have freaking clones of clones of NXT but still no other alt built from the ground up original crypto-currencies.

Modifying 15 lines of code isn't innovation, it's just a freaking copy.  At this point I'm not sure I'd care if 99% of NXT was owned by one person with the amount of development going into it; I'd probably be begging that one person to let me in just a little.

Well said.

I think Nxt is a steal compared to most of the other scam coins. They very well could be onto something.. much more so than most other ALT cryptocoins.

I no longer consider Litecoin a good investment (unless my idea for building a Litecoin Protocol is implemented.) There are probably some profits to be had in it in the next couple years due to the network effect, but I prefer to use a more long term strategy.

I'll stick with Nxt/Mastercoin/Counterparty/Bitcoin for now.

Innovation will bring success in the long term- not some fancy marketing scheme.
williamevanl

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:12:48 AM

I've read the link mentioned http://cryptolife.net/in-depth-analysis-nxt/ and I believe the analysis is good enough in the sense of giving precautions to whoever is thinking about  "investing" in Nxt, and in counter-arguing against shills. I guess it can't hurt to hold a few Nxt, like it doesn't to hold a few Dogecoins, Hobonickels or Peercoins or whatever you believe has future, but ultimately what you do with your money it's only your business, not mine as a detractor neither is Nxt shills.

On a personal note -- if it isn't obvious already -- I'm becoming quite frankly fed up of Nxt promoters, Nxt shills and Nxt community. All I see are bag holders waiting to lure others into their dump. The situation fits well alongside scams, referral spam, excuses for large premines, IPOs and in other context, multilevel marketing or CPA offers. In short, bottom of the barrel self-serving garbage. The scrypt multipool that pays out in Nxt (and the agenda of some supporters with the explicit purpose of dumping others to pump themselves) caught my attention and illustrates at what extent people go. If they feel the need to dump others to pump their coin, they ARE bag holders of a coin that does not have real-life financial or economic value to stand on their own.

Right, I read your post about the mining pool and honestly thought, well no argument there and moved on. Everything you said has merit and I'd just be BS'ing if I tried to argue any of it.

For transparency sake though, I've bitched and complained about NXT for a long time. I was nearly banned by one of the mods on nextcoin.org. (Graviton actually had to prevent that, if you went and read my post history (same name on that forum) its just one negative thing after another for weeks/months, all warranted in my opinion).

That said, NXT is still in my opinion the only thing worth investing in long term. There is simply too much work being done on it and it's the only self-supporting alt. If it's not good enough, it can be modified/fixed/upgraded, whatever needs to be done to make it successful. The community over at potcoin is not going to re-code something or make major modifications to their code even if it requires it.  I'm not pumping NXT, don't buy it, sell all of it, I don't care. Just recognize that it should be considered basically one of only a few names in the game.

The only way someone can innovate on Bitcoin is to change the fundamentals on which it was developed (most of which I think are excellent). The only way to change the fundamentals by which it was developed is to develop something different.
Isildur23

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:21:40 AM

As far as NXT price goes, It is hard to imagine that NXT wont reach $1 USD at some point in the future, however NXT is under attack as evidenced by the large amount of recent trolling, some a lot more convincing than emule. Expect volatility ahead as the anti-NXT guys that have accumulated a large amount from previous spikes and dumps still have reserves. NXT represents a big threat to the establishment, bitcoin and fiat, and it does not take much to double the price or halve the price. A volatile price shakes confidence. Look at what the fiat guys did to bitcoin!

As far as active developers on major crypto goes the following is my ranking:
1) Bitcoin - not sure, but assuming there are quite a few
2) NXT - I know of at least a dozen devs, probably a lot are working in stealth mode
3) Ripple - 10 devs/tech guys https://www.ripplelabs.com/team/
4) etherium - Huh
5) counterparty - 3 devs
6) mastercoin - 3? devs not as good as counterparty but they have thousands of BTC)
7) DRK - 1 dev + 1
8  Anoncoin - 1 dev maybe 2?
9) emunie - 1 dev

There are other coins with a couple of devs, but most altcoins dont even have a single fulltime developer! I apologize to things like colored coins and others that I am sure exist, but I only use coinmarketcap to get candidates (other than ETH and emunie)
<rant>
Those of you that are not programmers, I ask a favor. Please stop complaining. It really doesnt help morale at all and it is counterproductive. If you want to help, test. If you cant test, then just lurk instead of bitching. You do want to help dont you?
</rant>
Now if you are invested in NXT to quickly double your investment, please join emule. The scope of NXT is quite a bit larger than a 3 week project. If you do not understand this, I suggest sell. If you like centralized organization, there is mastercoin and emunie for you. They are very centralized. You could always invest in XRP, but then again there is that 55 billion they have promised to giveaway, but that still leaves another 45 billion that could hit the market at any time. People complain about a few accts with 50 million NXT??? What is a few people having 5% each compared to a single organization controlling 93% of inventory???

NXT price will not go in a straight line. People will buy the rumor and sell the news, like what happened with mastercoin. It is no surprise that the price goes down when they release. The reason is that it was preannounced, everybody knew it was going to come out. So everybody who is into that sort of thing already purchased it before the release, who was left to buy it? Nobody. That is why the price went down. Day trading 101.

NXT is a currency. Yes of course it is. Everybody can see their NXT balance. There is a price in the markets. You can send NXT to people. Anybody that says NXT is not a currency is being silly.

NXT is a platform. Yes of course it is. I built nodecoin not out of thin air, but on top of NXT. It took a day of coding. This shows the power of NXT, I am just a simple C programmer. Imagine what somebody with real skills could do!

NXT is a decentralized asset exchange. Yes of course it is. We can all see it on testnet.

NXT is a <fill in the blank>. Yes of course it is. NXT enables things. NXT is like the internet. Does anybody say that email IS the internet or that the internet IS email? Is the internet http? Is http the internet? Is bittorrent the internet? Is the internet bittorent? Is ...

I hope you get the idea. There are literally a thousand things that can be built on top of NXT. One of the reasons why I starting coding again is that I wanted to create a developers kit to make it easy for other simple C programmers to create stuff. I was a little rusty at first and all this crypto decentralized stuff was new so I had a steep learning curve, but I am getting in to gear so if I can stop getting distracted by all this nonsense in this thread I could be pretty productive.

However, when there is a serious threat to NXT, I need to respond and the level of insidious undermining of confidence in NXT that is going on has gotten to a point where I have to take time out of programming.

If NXT is dead, then everything other than bitcoin is dead. BCNext is gone, but was he ever really here? Actually I dont think he was ever on this thread. In any case, jean-luc is our BCNext now. He is here to stay and if you havent noticed, he keeps cranking out release after release. His code is so nice and clean, I am even tempted to learn Java! If jean-luc was the only developer, NXT would still survive. However, we have so many more contributors. True many left for other projects, but that only makes sense if you are after the big score. Going from nothing to a few millions. Sure, nice if you can get it, but what happens when the price of the new fantastic NXT clone comes out and ** gasp ** nobody becomes a millionaire? The people that jumped ship wont stick around long as they have proven that they are quick to abandon.

Anyway, we all know that the initial distribution wasnt great. However, it is much, much better than ripple. NXT isnt perfect, it is what it is. If you dont like it, please sell and leave us in peace. For whatever its worth, it is my opinion that NXT is better than any of the alternatives and my multisig gateways and other add on services will not be available for any NXT clones, regardless of who makes them. Without real world gateways, NXT is confined to crypto land. With real world gateways, NXT can expand into the real world. The multigateway to other cryptos is just a start.

Anyway, please bookmark this or whatever and use it for anti-FUD. I am tired of repeating myself. gotta get to work

James

P.S. back to the NXT is like the internet analogy. Assuming you agree with me on that, please estimate how much owning some percentage of the actual internet would be worth. Owning NXT would be like that. Long term real estate thinking is what you need to have. NXT is raw land now, bulldozers, construction workers, big mess. If you dont like messy things, sell NXT Smiley

This is a nice read to make your own decision.

Sry James to quote you here, but could not resist  Cheesy
+1440

Ties are a prison for the soul...
Wipeout2097

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:33:10 AM

On a personal note -- if it isn't obvious already -- I'm becoming quite frankly fed up of Nxt promoters, Nxt shills and Nxt community. All I see are bag holders waiting to lure others into their dump. The situation fits well alongside scams, referral spam, excuses for large premines, IPOs and in other context, multilevel marketing or CPA offers. In short, bottom of the barrel self-serving garbage. The scrypt multipool that pays out in Nxt (and the agenda of some supporters with the explicit purpose of dumping others to pump themselves) caught my attention and illustrates at what extent people go. If they feel the need to dump others to pump their coin, they ARE bag holders of a coin that does not have real-life financial or economic value to stand on their own.

Right, I read your post about the mining pool and honestly thought, well no argument there and moved on. Everything you said has merit and I'd just be BS'ing if I tried to argue any of it.

For transparency sake though, I've bitched and complained about NXT for a long time. I was nearly banned by one of the mods on nextcoin.org. (Graviton actually had to prevent that, if you went and read my post history (same name on that forum) its just one negative thing after another for weeks/months, all warranted in my opinion).

That said, NXT is still in my opinion the only thing worth investing in long term. There is simply too much work being done on it and it's the only self-supporting alt. If it's not good enough, it can be modified/fixed/upgraded, whatever needs to be done to make it successful. The community over at potcoin is not going to re-code something or make major modifications to their code even if it requires it.  I'm not pumping NXT, don't buy it, sell all of it, I don't care. Just recognize that it should be considered basically one of only a few names in the game.

The only way someone can innovate on Bitcoin is to change the fundamentals on which it was developed (most of which I think are excellent). The only way to change the fundamentals by which it was developed is to develop something different.
Yes, but these are 2 different issues.

1) If the software is innovative and has plenty other qualities I do not need to enumerate? The answer is: YES.
2) If an investor buying Nxt is going to benefit from doing so (at current price), and is for him a sound investment with decent risk/reward ratio? It is at least debatable.

For who is going to invest into buying Nxt at an exchange, and for the topic of this thread, ultimately what matters is 2)

██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
williamevanl

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:37:59 AM

1) If the software is innovative and has plenty other qualities I do not need to enumerate? The answer is: YES.
2) If an investor buying Nxt is going to benefit from doing so (at current price), and is for him a sound investment with decent risk/reward ratio? It is at least debatable.

For who is going to invest into buying Nxt at an exchange, and for the topic of this thread, ultimately what matters is 2)

Fair enough, but I have to ask; what is a better investment long-term at this point given everything you know about all the various crypto-currencies?
pt

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:40:32 AM

Buy cheap stack deep.  Grin

Wipeout2097

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:45:53 AM

Fair enough, but I have to ask; what is a better investment long-term at this point given everything you know about all the various crypto-currencies?
I have a very hard time to answer this question, including for the reason that I'm very averse and tired of disonest threads and posts that try to pump coins for obvious self-interest. What you're asking me to do is actually posting here what coins I believe in and actually hold. This has the side effect of me doing precisely what I dislike.

That said, I have some Litecoin and Doge. Also Hobonickels and PhylosopherStone for the PoS minting, after I read tokyoghetto's HBN investment journal where I found some serious, experienced and intellectually honest investment discussion.

Also I hold Darkcoin and HeavyCoin, at least for a month or so, just in case. I held for a while various other coins, even Nxt for a few days.

Now, the approach is a mix of speculation, store of value, PoS mining income and even plan B towards Bitcoin, which is very exposed to attacks, since it's the reference. If a successful attack to BTC makes all other my crypto holdings worthless, that's another discussion.

██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████

██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:29:10 AM

This is not an in-depth-analysis of anything.
It's some biased information on NXT by someone who is really pissed that he missed a huge chance.

Hazard (the author) was very early in BCNext's announcement thread - but he hastily shouted SCAM... obviously he was wrong and he knows it...
source: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.msg3280347#msg3280347

So if you want to decide whether it's worth to invest in NXT you should definitely check other sources as well.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:46:46 AM

This is not an in-depth-analysis of anything.
It's some biased information on NXT by someone who is really pissed that he missed a huge chance.

Hazard (the author) was very early in BCNext's announcement thread - but he hastily shouted SCAM... obviously he was wrong and he knows it...
source: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.msg3280347#msg3280347

So if you want to decide whether it's worth to invest in NXT you should definitely check other sources as well.

Touche  Smiley
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:58:51 AM

It's NXT and not Nextcoin btw.  Wink

Nxt is a very special cryptocurrency with a great community and dev team around it. There is so much possible with this unique currency/platform, that the sky is the limit (or the moon).  Wink

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: