Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:02:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone buying Nextcoin?  (Read 2860 times)
myhoho
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:03:16 AM

I'm buying cheap ).

██████▄  ▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄         
██████████████████████████▄▄     
█████████████████████████████▄   
▄███████████████████████████████ 
▄▄███▄     ▄██████████  ████████▀▀▀██████████
▄██████   ████████████  ████████   ███████████
▄████████▀   █████████    ██    ████████▀▀▀███████
▀████▄  ▄   ████████████  ████████████   ███████
▀████▀     ▀██████████  █████████████████████
▀███████████████████████████████ 
█████████████████████████████▀   
██████████████████████████▀▀     
██████▀  ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀         
ROCKET

▄▄    ▄▄

▄▄    ▄▄

ENTHRALLING GRAPHICS
● NEW TYPE OF GAMES
100% REFERRAL BONUS
((       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄████████ ██ █████████▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀████████▄
▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀███████▄
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████▀▀██
█████████   ████    ███▄▄██
▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄██▀  █▀
 ▀█████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄███▀  █▀
  ▀████████ ██ ████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███▄
▄████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄████▄
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███▀▀██
██████▄            ████▄▄██
▀██████▄▄        ▄████▀  █▀
 ▀████▄       ▄██████▀  █▀
  ▀████████████████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████████▀     ████████▄
▄██████████   ████████████▄
█████████        ██████████
█████████▄▄   ▄▄███████▀▀██
███████████   █████████▄▄██
▀██████████   ████████▀  █▀
 ▀█████████   ███████▀  █▀
  ▀████████▄▄▄█████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
))
BitOnyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 09:04:07 AM

This names of coins gets me confusing right now. Too many coins with different name.

When it comes to nextcoin risk on this investment is very similar to others altcoins right now.

farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:16:56 AM

This names of coins gets me confusing right now. Too many coins with different name.

When it comes to nextcoin risk on this investment is very similar to others altcoins right now.
Not true, there are much more services, websites and people working on Nxt projects right now, so it will not be crashing that easy. These people have a lot of faith and that's much different than an altcoin copy of Bitcoin which is there for pumping and dumping. Nxt is there for the future, don't expect to earn money soon, but earn a lot of money later (this year of the next).  Smiley
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:19:56 AM

I AM buying NXT right now!  Cheesy

Probably, in one month, after the release of the developments, the price will not offer me this opportunity!  Undecided
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:12:01 PM

I think NXT is the only one worth holding long term bar Bitcoin (and maybe Litecoin).

You're not buying a "coin" as such, your buying into a network of services. THey will be needed - whether Bitcoin, NXT, Mastercoin or any other 'crypto' prevails. At the moment you can get a huge chunk for very little money.
Juret (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:20:13 PM

Thx for the inputs!
numbed

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:19:31 PM

The one thing that bothers me, does everyone else realize that everything else is just a copy of the same thing?! (with the exception of the platforms that aren't really cryptos by themselves 'ripple', 'etheryum').

I feel like the news should have been bigger. "Okay so we have Bitcoin, 1000's of other variations made from exactly the same code (new names, fun pictures and forums, stupid spin *it's a global currency for spain*, really?!) and oh shit, something that isn't Bitcoin, a completely original codebase with completely different fundamentals." Now we have freaking clones of clones of NXT but still no other alt built from the ground up original crypto-currencies.

Modifying 15 lines of code isn't innovation, it's just a freaking copy.  At this point I'm not sure I'd care if 99% of NXT was owned by one person with the amount of development going into it; I'd probably be begging that one person to let me in just a little.

there is another coin soon to be released which is 'built from the ground up'. a relation to next ?...' NEM ', (new economy movement). without the distribution problems.

I wish NXT all the best because I do not see both coins as competitors.
markus1000

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:53:30 PM

Its really hard to predict when NEM will be out, its a project with potential but in a very early stage. NXT is here, has a client and can be traded on exchanges and is moving forward rapidly.
williamevanl

Activity: 404
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:09:27 AM

The one thing that bothers me, does everyone else realize that everything else is just a copy of the same thing?! (with the exception of the platforms that aren't really cryptos by themselves 'ripple', 'etheryum').

I feel like the news should have been bigger. "Okay so we have Bitcoin, 1000's of other variations made from exactly the same code (new names, fun pictures and forums, stupid spin *it's a global currency for spain*, really?!) and oh shit, something that isn't Bitcoin, a completely original codebase with completely different fundamentals." Now we have freaking clones of clones of NXT but still no other alt built from the ground up original crypto-currencies.

Modifying 15 lines of code isn't innovation, it's just a freaking copy.  At this point I'm not sure I'd care if 99% of NXT was owned by one person with the amount of development going into it; I'd probably be begging that one person to let me in just a little.

there is another coin soon to be released which is 'built from the ground up'. a relation to next ?...' NEM ', (new economy movement). without the distribution problems.

I don't think NEM will be successful for a number of reasons. Basically anybody that wanted to be in it, is in it. Unless we have a huge influx of people that weren't around for the distribution that want to buy in all of sudden there won't be anyone that actually wants to purchase these once they became available. The price will probably go up for a split second before crashing down forever and never coming back up.

Additionally, it will massively trail behind NXT development wise.
Coinsy

Activity: 163

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:31:47 AM

I don't think NEM will be successful for a number of reasons. Basically anybody that wanted to be in it, is in it. Unless we have a huge influx of people that weren't around for the distribution that want to buy in all of sudden there won't be anyone that actually wants to purchase these once they became available. The price will probably go up for a split second before crashing down forever and never coming back up.

NXT has its flaws, so it's not impossible to surpass it from an adoption standpoint.

- Brain wallet/password system is a headache
- Client sucks
- Distribution
- Big stakeholders holding and not incentivizing (bounties)

It has a great community, progressive development team behind it, and deserves kudos for being the first true "alternate" currency, but I don't see it becoming widely adopted. Time will tell.
williamevanl

Activity: 404
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:38:40 AM

NXT has its flaws, so it's not impossible to surpass it from an adoption standpoint.

- Brain wallet/password system is a headache
- Client sucks
- Distribution
- Big stakeholders holding and not incentivizing (bounties)

It has a great community, progressive development team behind it, and deserves kudos for being the first true "alternate" currency, but I don't see it becoming widely adopted. Time will tell.

Lets see, well I was going to list them but it would be something like:

- Brain wallet/password system is a headache -Couldn't agree more
- Client sucks -Couldn't agree more
- Distribution -Couldn't agree more
- Big stakeholders holding and not incentivizing (bounties) -Couldn't agree more

So there you go, I completely agree with everything that you said. Interestingly though these are exactly the types of problems that are being solved. Several new clients have been released (to address both 1 and 2). The coins have gone through a massive distribution because people keep buying and lastly Big stakeholders are finally starting to offer bounties for projects. (There's a ton on nextcoin.org)

If it isn't widely adopted, (some would argue that it has already) it will be due to the failure of the crypto-currency community to recognize the amount of work that has gone into it relative to all the other Alt-coins. Yes, it's hard to have a snazzy client when you've written a completely new crypto from scratch.  
wwdz99

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:12:22 AM

I AM buying NXT right now!  Cheesy

Probably, in one month, after the release of the developments, the price will not offer me this opportunity!  Undecided

Agreed, now the price is a appropriate opportunity!
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:13:00 AM

NXT mining

http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/20vup4/new_alt_mining_pools_payout_in_nxt/
jparsley

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:42:33 AM

Yes its just too expensive,

please unban me.
lumierre

Activity: 862

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:25:08 AM

I was supposed to double my NXT holdings when price was under 0.00005 but I'll guess I'll have to wait a bit more. If it doesn't go down then I won't be buying.

Distribution in NXT is bad but I have gotten over that fact. It will eventually even out as the price goes up since large holders will be tempted to sell.

Now, I only look at the flexibility of the platform, the long term sustainability of PoS over PoW, and the speedy development of NXT.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
thecapitalr

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:43:19 AM

What I dont like about NXT (and correct me if I am wrong and this has changed), is the fact that you need a 100 character password to store your coins securely. If you have a 'normal' password (say 10 characters), someone can brute force it and get all your funds easily.

This will prevent there from EVER being mainstream adoption. Yeah.. it is easy for computer people to just say "go get last pass and have it generate a random 100 character password with special characters" ... but what non tech person actually knows how to do this ? It is much easier to just go on coinbase and buy btc and leave your coins there... or send your coins to a software wallet if you want to be even more secure.

I honestly feel safer personally leaving my nxt on an exchange with 2FA than having it on a network that anyone can crack if they can guess my password... at least if it is on an exchange they would have to guess which exchange it is.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:14:16 PM

Nxt fee kicks in ass...
I can buy something eg with POS BC when it cost hmm 1BC-1000$ and pay 0.1$ fee or skip it and don't even pay...
SAme costs with NXT 2000$... when 1NXT is 1000$...
When you lower fee you will kick in ass small holders big have many NXT to sell and they will have much more from fees...
Lowering fees will change primmary rule for NXT i cannot tell this is good or bad...
For sure more profit from that will have bigger players.

I am looking forward what NEM will bring there will be other distribution system from beginning.
Dystibution of 100% coin in hands only 72 people was mistake imo for NXT...
Now NEX is paying price ...

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
wwdz99

Activity: 243

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:29:15 PM

What I dont like about NXT (and correct me if I am wrong and this has changed), is the fact that you need a 100 character password to store your coins securely. If you have a 'normal' password (say 10 characters), someone can brute force it and get all your funds easily.

This will prevent there from EVER being mainstream adoption. Yeah.. it is easy for computer people to just say "go get last pass and have it generate a random 100 character password with special characters" ... but what non tech person actually knows how to do this ? It is much easier to just go on coinbase and buy btc and leave your coins there... or send your coins to a software wallet if you want to be even more secure.

I honestly feel safer personally leaving my nxt on an exchange with 2FA than having it on a network that anyone can crack if they can guess my password... at least if it is on an exchange they would have to guess which exchange it is.

There is solution about ur complaint,just look at it,http://nxtra.org/nxt-client/

Click  'Don't have an account? Click here to create one!',it will automatically generated secret phrase.

Enjoy it.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: