Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:45:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitfinex ask addition KYC/AML on withdraw! 2nd MTgox?  (Read 1411 times)
richardweiming (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:19:59 PM

Your wire is ready to go out but we still require a few more missing document(s) (see at the bottom of this mail) to avoid delays.

As we are implementing additional KYC / AML policy requirements based on requirements in Hong Kong, we also reviewed all the past data provided before by yourself.  Unfortunately the data provided by you in the past is not sufficient anymore based on the updated requirements we need to follow.

Therefore in order to avoid any delay in processing your payment(s) that are pending, can you please fill out the updated KYC form. 

Please also ensure that the additional documents are clearly scanned (no photo's by mobile phone):

The updated requirement is:

A – 2 X photo ID (passport and national ID card copy)
B - recent electrical bill / property tax / telephone (no other type accepted)
C - copy of a bank statement / bank account in your name - should be the same account from which you receive / send funds
D - occupation detail and source of income explained on the form

We look forward to continue to support the business with you but we also have to ensure our documentation is in accordance with regulation, I trust you understand this being a professional.

Below are the documents (missing details) you still need to provide in addition to the ones you sent before.

Thanks and best regards,
Jean

My account is a verified account. They asked for additional documents for my withdraw this time. It is strict. I can apply them,but it makes me feel warning. Do they do this to slower payment? MTGOX also did this, slow and complex AML procedure.
Did you guys met it? How you think about it?
Not every one have second ID. Not every one have paper bankstatement. Not every one have  electrical bill / property tax / telephone (no other type accepted). They will delay your withdraw until you supply them. It is rouge.
101Official

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 06:05:26 PM

No comment on bitfinex itself, but the requests themselves are normal, and any reputable exchange would ask the same.

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:03:26 AM

They're pretty standard financial institution KYC requirements.

It doesn't matter if you've already supplied information.  Organisations have an obligation to apply KYC requirements on an ongoing basis and it's very common for them to ask for additional information (enhanced customer due diligence) at a later time based on how you use your account.

You didn't mention the amount of the wire transfer you've requested, but under Hong Hong's AML/CTF framework enhanced customer due diligence must be applied to wire transfers of HKD 8,000 (USD 1030) or more (or a series of seemingly linked wire transfers adding up to that amount).

Realistically, if you want to be able to use these services you'll have to find ways to adequately verify your identity.  It's something you need to think about before you place substantial funds with any service because their own financial institutions can refuse to process transactions to inadequately verified or otherwise high risk customers.

This is such a standard requirement that instead of whining about not having sufficient ID, you need to be focusing on how you can go about obtaining sufficient ID - because I promise you that you're going to encounter this problem again and again in the future if you don't sort it out now.  Your option, if you're not willing to comply with AML/CTF/KYC requirements of specific countries, is not using services based in those countries.  No-one's holding a gun to your head forcing you to deal with those services and it's not reasonable to expect those services to ignore the law - and risk their own survival - to accommodate you.

Stop being a whiny baby and send them what they've asked for.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: