Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:03:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: txt4coins.net - Premium SMS service - 0.0025 BTC  (Read 2935 times)
Herbert (OP)

Activity: 488
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2011, 08:50:53 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2013, 08:27:20 AM by Herbert

http://txt4coins.net

txt4coins provides premium sms service. Highlights:
  • worldwide delivery
  • you can set sender name/number
  • no registration/login required
  • superfast delivery (after 0 confirmations!)
  • API access (pay-per-use, no registration)
  • bulk messages

The price of one message is only 0.006 BTC 0.0025 BTC!

If you have any question or issue please reply here, PM me or send mail to michael@txt4coins.net. Grin

Payment service provided by bitconmonitor.net!

www.bitcoinmonitor.net - Free payment notification via email, newsfeed, xpmm/jabber, url callback and full API access!
Send SMS with www.txt4coins.net! No registration, pay-per-use, full API access, bulk messages - All inclusive!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2011, 05:43:38 PM

Price drop!

Starting immediately the price of one SMS is down from 0.06 to 0.04 BTC!

Happy txting!

www.bitcoinmonitor.net - Free payment notification via email, newsfeed, xpmm/jabber, url callback and full API access!
Send SMS with www.txt4coins.net! No registration, pay-per-use, full API access, bulk messages - All inclusive!
BenRayfield

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2011, 12:30:58 AM

While it is a competitive price compared to cell phone texting...

What kind of world do we live in where an average computer does billions of calculations per second but someone can actually make money selling the sending of 100 bytes of text for around 12 cents (if Bitcoins are $3 each and the price is .04 Bitcoins)? Are we at the level of technology of sending hundreds of kilobytes per second, sometimes megabytes per second, or hundreds of bytes as a product in itself? Something is very wrong in an economy where this is even possible to be profitable.

In my theoretical public domain MerkleWeb network https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=53062.0 such copying of text would be a trivial memory copy from one global address to other addresses.

Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 09:31:37 PM

*bump*

Finally txt4coins is fully functional again!

Following the good old "eat your own dogfood"-rule payments are now handled by www.bitcoinmonitor.net.

Price has been updated to 0.035 BTC!

schnell

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 01:26:45 AM

While it is a competitive price compared to cell phone texting...

What kind of world do we live in where an average computer does billions of calculations per second but someone can actually make money selling the sending of 100 bytes of text for around 12 cents (if Bitcoins are $3 each and the price is .04 Bitcoins)? Are we at the level of technology of sending hundreds of kilobytes per second, sometimes megabytes per second, or hundreds of bytes as a product in itself? Something is very wrong in an economy where this is even possible to be profitable.

In my theoretical public domain MerkleWeb network https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=53062.0 such copying of text would be a trivial memory copy from one global address to other addresses.

+1 very good point
Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2012, 07:53:35 PM

Price reduced to 0.03 Bitcoin!

Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2012, 06:53:11 PM

Price drop!

Now 0.020 BTC per message  Wink.

Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2012, 09:40:27 AM

Price drop!

Now 0.015 BTC per message  Wink.

tjohej

Activity: 378

Magic Staff

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 04:47:21 PM

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
I know but this is some feedback for using the service.

I sent an SMS to someone in Greece with Greek characters παράδειγμα(example) and she said she only saw question marks. Though she saw the sender name I put in the sender field.
Can this service support letters from other languages like Russian, Greek or will the price double for that? I know that some cell phones I've used doubled the price when I typed characters that are not latin.

There may still be hope for the 1st decentralized cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin. How to approach different subjects is key to progress.
Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2012, 07:26:52 PM

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
I know but this is some feedback for using the service.

I sent an SMS to someone in Greece with Greek characters παράδειγμα(example) and she said she only saw question marks. Though she saw the sender name I put in the sender field.
Can this service support letters from other languages like Russian, Greek or will the price double for that? I know that some cell phones I've used doubled the price when I typed characters that are not latin.

I checked your message and it seems something is already borked while processing your message on txt4coins side. In my database there are already only questionmarks stored :-(
I need to check this in more detail and try to get it fixed. In the meantime i will of course give you a refund - just provide me a payment address :-)

tjohej

Magic Staff

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 11:35:40 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2012, 06:27:09 AM by tjohej

Ok, this isn't a huge problem for me though as I can write Greek in latin letters as well, and that's how I send my sms'es for the moment.
A few moments ago I queued an sms and I sent the bitcents required to pay for the sms but it says that it has not arrived yet.
My payment has already been included in 5 blocks at the moment. All my previous payments have worked but not this one.

Though now it's recognized the payment. I was just worried that so many blocks had passed and that it would cancel my sms.
Now though it worked and that's great!  Smiley

There may still be hope for the 1st decentralized cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin. How to approach different subjects is key to progress.
tjohej

Magic Staff

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 09:14:29 PM

I just want to say that this is the first service where I really see some use for my Bitcoins. Now that I see that my Bitcoin balance starts going down I'm beginning to like it(that I have a use for them that I find fulfils a real day-to-day need!).
Note: By the way if there is any of your precious time left to look into the multilingual Greek issue that I had with an sms that I sent in Greek but where everything turned up as question marks, here's some Greek that I hope may help in solving it: Kαλημέρα παιδιά! Cheesy

Great service!

tjohej

Magic Staff

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 07:42:56 PM

I just want to add that the price currently for the service of 0.015 BTC is totally ok for me. It is somewhat more expensive than what I pay in SEK for the same SMS using my carrier Telia. On txt4coins I pay 1.47 SEK while from my carrier I pay 1.25 to 1.28 SEK.

The price is very close or strongly close to what I pay with SEK and you can call me stupid but I'm really willing to pay a little extra for being able to use Bitcoin.
Keep up the good work!  Cheesy

Just adding a little note: Do you know about Bitcoin Friday? Maybe it won't fit for your service but just wanted to let you know just in case you didn't have time to look it up.

Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2013, 09:24:50 PM

Thanks tjohej :-) I'm glad you like the service!

Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2013, 11:58:23 PM

Unfortunately the last 2 days there was a problem with the payment notification service. From the logs it seems that payment notifications for 3 or 4 messages did not arrive in time, so the messages were not delivered.

If you think you are affected by this problem, please get in touch with me so you can get a refund!

Thank you!

Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 12:37:49 PM

Price drop!

Now 0.006 BTC per message  Wink.

tjohej

Magic Staff

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 08:24:55 PM

Price drop!

Does that price adjust to the current value of a Bitcoin? I'm sorry but my previous statement of "I don't care if it costs more than other services" is not true really. I could do it once or twice but not in a daily way of activity.

Could you peg your price to something stable? I don't think Bitcoin will be stable in the near future. When price volatility increases and goes towards a bubble its not only because there are speculators but also because Bitcoin is growing as a currency...

Herbert (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 08:25:30 AM

Price drop!

Does that price adjust to the current value of a Bitcoin? I'm sorry but my previous statement of "I don't care if it costs more than other services" is not true really. I could do it once or twice but not in a daily way of activity.

Could you peg your price to something stable? I don't think Bitcoin will be stable in the near future. When price volatility increases and goes towards a bubble its not only because there are speculators but also because Bitcoin is growing as a currency...

The price is not really pegged to something stable (in the sense of automatic adjustments). I just check it every few days and if it seems unreasonable off the according fiat price I adjust it. So:

Price drop!

Now 0.0025 BTC per message!

Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: