Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:40:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Just Kidding] Merit giveaway board request in marketplace  (Read 263 times)
SM23031997 (OP)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 582

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 04:08:31 PM

Looking at the number posts came after Hhampuz decided to do merit giveaways through meta section. We can have a Merit giveaway board where people can give away their merits.

Benefits:-
-People can do giveaways without making a mess in the Meta section with off-topic posts.
-People in need will know where to look for quick merits if they are near to achieve a milestone.

Drawbacks:-
-Merit exchange between users will be easily possible.
-People can trade their merit point in the name of a giveaway.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 04:47:48 PM

Just like other threads, these seasonal merit giveaways will end soon. Though I also want to see them all in one place, creating a new sub-board is not necessary. A list of these kind of threads should be enough like the one CryptopreneurBrainboss created.
Frengki_cisco

Activity: 790
Merit: 44

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 04:49:09 PM

Just let people do what they have to do, it's an entertainment for the new year which will soon be in front of your eyes, party.

Don't be too pressured to post at the end of this year, just two more days, have fun. This is where people have to shit their shit in 2019.
No need to think about them doing bear vs bear.

The important thing is the bear while not entering the fish into the snow, let it go, going to the Atlantic pole has a way and prosuder to reach there, if not be careful to freeze in the Atlantic.

BTC
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 05:07:40 PM

Why create a board solely for the purpose of having merit giveaway threads when threads like this can be posted on appropriate boards by merit senders? By doing so its like you are creating a marketplace for merit sellers disguised as a merit giveaway which you already pointed out, this would just create a whole lot of mess in the merit system

Benefits:-
-People can do giveaways without making a mess in the Meta section with off-topic posts.
-People in need will know where to look for quick merits if they are near to achieve a milestone.

Drawbacks:-
-Merit exchange between users will be easily possible.
-People can trade their merit point in the name of a giveaway.

I know there are already a lot of giveaway threads that are also selling merits to some of their buyers but by creating a board solely for giveaway threads you are just encouraging more people to do this type of strategy to sell their merits.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
fratoshi

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2019, 05:21:28 PM

Nice to hear i can increase my merit this way
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2019, 11:13:55 PM

I don't think that such board is needed. First, there is just few merit giveaway threads, there is no need to dedicate whole board for it. And probably these topics doesn't belongs to meta or marketplace as you propose. Maybe beginners & help or off-topic is right place.
Second, it's not right use of Merit system IMO, merit shouldn't be rewarded in such way. In some occasions, yes, it's ok, but it shouldn't be trend. Merit should be earned with our contributions to forum and for so called quality posts. Hunting merits in such threads - I don't see reasonable benefits of such giveaways.

Insanerman

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
December 30, 2019, 01:03:39 AM

These merit giveaways just serve as a party for a specific occasion only because we are approaching a new decade and I think this won't last long. Creating a sub board will definitely increase the number of posters whos merit begging disguised in a merit give away post and I think most of the merit giveaways will start from people whos rank is between Member and Sr. Member. Secondly, I think creating such board will definitely defeat the purpose of having a purposeful discussion and the implementation of merit the merit system.

Even without special event there are people whos giving merit in exchange for a quality topic or reply to a specific subject in the technicalities of crypto given by the poster and I think that is enough, thus it increases the knowledge of the forum member. Let's just consider these giveaways as a gift to all of us.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 30, 2019, 01:42:40 AM
Last edit: December 30, 2019, 02:38:18 AM by gentlemand

People are free to do what they want but it's deffo not something that should be endorsed with an actual section devoted to it.

I'm all for threads that ask people to highlight deserving posts that would otherwise go unnoticed. Anything scattershot is a bit gross and a dead end that's detrimental to the quality of the forum.

The Hhampuz thread is a bit different to that in that it's making users think and they're coming up with some good thoughts along the way.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
December 30, 2019, 07:07:14 AM

Well,  I really think that we have enough merits giveaway topics in this forum.
I remember I sew a few such topics recently in the beginners section of the forum,  in some local boards and even meta.
In fact,  I started myself one such merit giveaway in the beginners section for the newbie members but looked this topic because almost no applications.
It seems it's difficult for the new members in the forum,  without much knowledge and experience in the crypto world to write good quality posts.
I focus now on the following topic in my local Croatian section: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4265795.0
where local members can report their good quality posts and receive merits.
So,  I really don’t think that we need such special topic in Meta for merit giveaway.
Members with good quality posts will receive merits,  with or without merit giveaway topics.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀