Bitcoin Forum
July 17, 2024, 09:39:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pressured by Apple, Coinbase to Remove iOS dApp Support  (Read 252 times)
alfonso_jon

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2020, 07:00:30 AM

Popular cryptocurrency exchange and brokerage service Coinbase may soon remove support for decentralized applications for its Apple users. The firm cited the App Store policy as the reasoning behind the decision.

According to a post on Reddit, Coinbase Wallet users were recently greeted with a message about the potential change. In response to the post, Coinbase’s CEO Brian Armstrong commented that it looks like Apple is attempting to eliminate decentralized applications from its App Store.

Click here to read the full news

I just know how it feels, especially on what is happening recently to Coinbase....

Looks like Apple isn't ready yet to embrace decentralization, blockchain and cryptocurrency as Coinbase was forced to remove it's app. I am pretty sure that if Apple doesn't embrace decentralization in open arms, they would be left behind like Nokia, Motorola and Blackberry later on.

I'm just pretty sure that Steve Jobs from heaven won't approve Apple's recent decision to remove decentralized apps like Coinbase. They would regret later on like Wikipedia did years ago by removing Bitcoin from their pages. In the end, they embraced it and started to accept Bitcoin donations.

One day, Apple would realize that they need to shift into decentralization later on if they want to keep up with the trend. Not just fancy phones.

Stepping into technology at any time means never approaching late to hop in. With future perspective this Coinbase technology will grow more with the flow. As soon awareness increase intensification, businesses will move towards the services. And success key tactics is to wait for the right time to arise.
tonyvo2017

Activity: 526
Merit: 10

Lifestyle & Wellness Platform

View Profile
January 03, 2020, 10:47:22 AM

Looks like Apple isn't ready yet to embrace decentralization, blockchain and cryptocurrency as Coinbase was forced to remove it's app. I am pretty sure that if Apple doesn't embrace decentralization in open arms, they would be left behind like Nokia, Motorola and Blackberry later on.

I'm just pretty sure that Steve Jobs from heaven won't approve Apple's recent decision to remove decentralized apps like Coinbase. They would regret later on like Wikipedia did years ago by removing Bitcoin from their pages. In the end, they embraced it and started to accept Bitcoin donations.

One day, Apple would realize that they need to shift into decentralization later on if they want to keep up with the trend. Not just fancy phones.
I personally think they're doing it right. They are only concerned for the security of the system they have built over the years. Coinbase is a very large and convenient wallet application, but no one is sure about its security. So getting rid of is also a good idea, sometimes selfish will bring a safety for a large business.

Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2020, 11:38:51 AM

It seems that American companies are boycotting crypto.  There is now Facebook and hopefully in the future they will not eliminate all topics related to crypto.  To me, I have a unique sense of our market is at stake.  It seems like a lot of fraud is happening so they're also boycotting.  What is the future of the crypto market like?

This may be related to the American economic war, they want to make bad public sentiment about the cryptocurrency environment, because American rivals, namely China have plans to make their own coins.
Fraud in the cryptocurrency environment will only be a reason for America's statement to the public later. Whose real purpose is to oppose China's coin.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
January 03, 2020, 11:43:49 AM

Apple probably wants people to use their own apple pay systems in the world, I mean it can only be used in apple stores as far as I know but as long as it is a payment getaway for some people they will want no other payment systems to get bigger. Coinbase is a big threat to them because all other systems are either banned already or too big to ban whereas coinbase is something growing and getting bigger and bigger instead of all other systems where they are just staying around the same levels.

I still think one day crypto payment systems will be available for apps very easily because they will reach to a point where it will be impossible to ignore, we are growing in numbers as crypto people and we won't be ignored for too long, at least in the future.
pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
January 03, 2020, 11:46:47 AM

Popular cryptocurrency exchange and brokerage service Coinbase may soon remove support for decentralized applications for its Apple users. The firm cited the App Store policy as the reasoning behind the decision.

According to a post on Reddit, Coinbase Wallet users were recently greeted with a message about the potential change. In response to the post, Coinbase’s CEO Brian Armstrong commented that it looks like Apple is attempting to eliminate decentralized applications from its App Store.

Click here to read the full news

I just know how it feels, especially on what is happening recently to Coinbase....

Who says they are not doing just that? People are aware of crypto and Apple already so it's not like crypto apps are gonna give iOS more customers or any type of profit in this case. It will just be hustle for the company to fight with customers complaints and scams in the industry. They can just work on their project instead and incorporate it for users when they are sure it will bring profit for them and not only problems
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: