Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:42:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Million Bitcoin App  (Read 92 times)
morphee213 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2024, 09:12:55 AM

https://www.millionbitcoin.app/

I am Morphée213, a developer.

I have developed an application that allows for the buying and selling of advertising spaces in 32x32 pixel parcels. On a screen that is 416px wide, the size of the parcels automatically adjusts based on the screen.

The principle is simple: 20 290 parcels are available for sale in what I have named the "primary market". They are organized in lines of 13 parcels each. The first parcels are sold for 10 μBTC each, and their price doubles every 780 parcels. Thus, the best-located parcels are also the cheapest.

Once you have bought parcels on the primary market, you can display your image and add a hyperlink. If you wish, you also have the option to resell your parcel on the secondary market at the price of your choice.

There are also special parcels, including the "bronze", "silver", "gold", and "diamond" parcels, which offer the possibility to display an image of your choice on the banners located above the pixels. In addition to your 32x32 pixel image on your parcel, you can display a 416x209 pixel image on one of the four panels of the banner! There are also parcels in the navigation bar, which have the advantage of always being visible on the screen, on all pages of the application.

We are currently at Alpha 2 version. Payments are made in bitcoins, but transaction validation is not yet automatic. The goal of this version is to test the user experience of the application. If you buy parcels during the Alpha version, to thank you, you will benefit from a 10% discount for the purchase of an additional parcel during the Beta version, and 5% off after the release of version 1.0. The servers are not very powerful at the moment, there may be some slowness, I apologize.

The total price of the parcels on the primary market amounts to 1 million bitcoins, hence the name of the application.

I am also considering adding an auction function in future versions. I am also thinking about making it so that the person who buys the last parcel on the primary market (if that ever happens), becomes the owner of the app (but I am not yet sure how to do this legally).

I created this application because my wife and I were victims of a scam regarding our house, which is uninhabitable. We have to repay a loan for this house and do not have the means to rehouse ourselves or finance the legal proceedings, which are very costly and will last several years. I am aware that we will probably not sell all the parcels (otherwise, we would be as rich as Satoshi Nakamoto), but I am curious to see how far sales will go on the primary and secondary markets.
My goal isn't to become a millionaire. But I hope to sell enough pixels to save my wife and me from this situation that's been plaguing our lives.

I would also like to thank Alex Tew, creator of "The Million Dollar Homepage", who inspired me for this application.

I don't know if any of you might be interested in this project. If so, I'm really interested in your feedback!

And if you have any tips for doing so. know my App, I am interested.

Good day  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 3414

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2024, 01:39:50 PM

The principle is simple: 20 290 parcels are available for sale in what I have named the "primary market".
It's nice to see you've added your personal touch to this popular project, but the 20 290 parcels felt like I was on one of those websites with infinite scrolls so I gave up halfway through.
- Most of the traffic you'd receive probably would feel the same thing so if I were you, I'd significantly reduce the parcels (higher quantities lessens the value of those parcels).

you can display your image and add a hyperlink.
You might want to also show their respective links when someone hovers their mouse pointer over the icons.

I created this application because my wife and I were victims of a scam regarding our house, which is uninhabitable.
Sorry to hear that, I hope both of you recover fast.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3056

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2024, 11:39:17 PM

Many people have tried this in the past.  You are not the first to have an inspiration off the "The Million Dollar Homepage".  All of them fail because the website owners do not commit to the long term.

Why is the domain expiring in three months?   When it comes time to spend $ on renewal and you don't have any prospects of income, you probably will not renew.
https://www.whois.com/whois/milliondollar.app

Renew the domain for the maximum allowed (nine years I believe) and you'll get more people interested.   

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
morphee213 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2024, 01:07:58 PM

Thank you very much for your feedback!

SFR10 I'm not a fan of infinite scrolling, but it seemed to me to be in
   the spirit of the times ^^ You think that the app would be more successful with less
   plots more expensive? It is a very good idea to add the links to the
   fly over! Thanks for this suggestion!

Vod I hadn't thought about it, I didn't even know that we can have
   domain names over so much time! Thank you for this suggestion, it is necessary
   let me see about it with my registrar!

The source code of the front is here: https://github.com/cosmonet-fr/mba-ui/
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 3414

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2024, 05:47:07 PM

You think that the app would be more successful with less
plots more expensive?
Yes, I do Smiley If I were you, I'd reduce 32x32 pixel parcels into 16x16 pixel parcels, then try to fit as much as I can without forcing users to scroll on at least a FHD resolution [most used desktop resolution to date].
e.g. 16 columns and 26 rows of 16x16 pixel parcels.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████