Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:04:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't compile Bitcoin GUI  (Read 155 times)
ViceOfBTC21 (OP)

Activity: 438
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 01, 2020, 06:49:05 PM

Hi, I wanted to use Bitcoin Core, cause I'm a real nerd Smiley However, while I compiled bitcoind, bitcoin-cli and bitcoind, it lacks bitcoin-qt (a graphical interface for Bitcoin Core). Running configure with correct parameter again doesn't work.

My computer runs Linux 4.15.

How can I solve this problem?
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
January 01, 2020, 06:52:16 PM
Merited by Heisenberg_Hunter (1)

Linux 4.15? Are you running a disro or a Linux from scratch type of thing?

I think if the gui isn't installed, you should check how you ran [dot]/configure (my autocorrect won't let me print a dot). If you didn't add any extra commands then it'll be the dependencies you installed. There are additional ones for gui usage, I'll write them below when I edit this post:

Edited:
Code:
sudo apt-get install libqt5gui5 libqt5core5a libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools

Even if you did it last time it doesn't hurt to do it again and if the build still fails, take each install command individually and try to see where the error lies...
ViceOfBTC21 (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2020, 07:03:45 PM

Linux 4.15? Are you running a disro or a Linux from scratch type of thing?

It runs Ubuntu. Yes, I know that it's a bad distro, but isn't a worst one. Not by a long shot.

I think if the gui isn't installed, you should check how you ran [dot]/configure (my autocorrect won't let me print a dot). If you didn't add any extra commands then it'll be the dependencies you installed. There are additional ones for gui usage, I'll write them below when I edit this post:

Edited:
Code:
sudo apt-get install libqt5gui5 libqt5core5a libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools

I have all these dependencies installed. No offense here, but you should change keyboard settings on your phone (or tablet).
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2020, 07:24:02 PM

I'm too used to the autocorrect settings now... It'll take weeks to get used to a new change like that...

Are you sure they installed correctly? I've had it in the padt with more complex distros like Ubuntu that things have conflicts and don't get installed but it doesn't give a report at the end. Try doing them one by one if you can. If they have all installed, I'll need a pasteb.in of the output of configure and make (you can get them and > "file.md" and paste the contents of that file into the website) and send us the link.
ViceOfBTC21 (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2020, 08:27:32 PM
Merited by jackg (1)

I'm too used to the autocorrect settings now... It'll take weeks to get used to a new change like that...

Are you sure they installed correctly? I've had it in the padt with more complex distros like Ubuntu that things have conflicts and don't get installed but it doesn't give a report at the end. Try doing them one by one if you can. If they have all installed, I'll need a pasteb.in of the output of configure and make (you can get them and > "file.md" and paste the contents of that file into the website) and send us the link.

Wait, I've compiled it again and it shows up at (Bitcoin source code)/src/qt. I've did make install and now I have Bitcoin full node complete with GUI on my PC!
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2020, 08:34:26 PM

Everything's in that folder normally when I compile it? The bitcoin/src/ folder.

The guys above are right too... I think core was made more for debian builds (Ubuntu is a fork of debian)... Most people I find that need some gui functionality tend to go for debian from what I've seen (from researchers).

Also great - merited for coming back and telling me it was fixed, people normally don't and its really annoying!
darosior

Activity: 279
Merit: 435

View Profile
January 02, 2020, 09:36:07 AM

For reference when compiling bitcoin-core without special disabling flags, the `bitcoin-cli` and `bitcoind` binaries will be found in `src/` and `bitcoin-qt` in `src/qt/`.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: