Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:09:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Average cracking time of Denuvo games is now 75 days  (Read 118 times)
Bordeldemerde (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2020, 04:25:46 AM

The average time it takes to crack a denuvo protected game is now 75 days.

I can't post a image but here is a link to the chart. https://iscracked.info/statistics_denuvo
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2020, 05:04:54 PM

The average time it takes to crack a denuvo protected game is now 75 days.

I can't post a image but here is a link to the chart.

History repeats itself. Copy protection started with Personal computers, especially after Bill Gates told programmers in the late 70ies to stop getting robbed for not charging money per copy...

And ever since this started, cracks also occurred. The net effect ends being an inferior experience to those that want to "play fair" (product activation, dongles, restricted to one or few devices, etc) vs those that make or find the crack.

Funnily enough, some software survived the test of time BECAUSE of the cracks. Some games were declared "Freeware" much later by their authors, long after they lost the source code or the ability to remove the copy protection scheme implemented in them...

Consoles also have a long history in this regard, with various consequences. There is a proven correlation in the success of a console and the possibility for said console to play "backup copies". Even if this is never officially talked about anywhere.

Its like your smartphone, the company that sold it to you does not want you "rooting it", but your appreciated value for it changes radically depending if you can successfully root it or not (freedom).

This also reminds me of game modding. Some games are unmoddable, they might have some value, but it isn't the same as a game that has mods or so called total conversions. Its like you are getting several games in one. I remember once purchasing a game, not because of its bundled content, but because of its large modding community. Indeed i didn't even bother with that game content much, but spent countless hours with community content. To an extent, its similar to Free and Open Source software vs Proprietary closed.

History teaches that the only good copy protection is no copy protection at all. This could be a reason of the surge of so called "freemium" or "free to play" games, this way they can avoid the issue entirely.

I have no idea what Denuvo is, but i remember reading the exact same news about previous (back then new) consoles. Is this a Google console, or a Google shop? It seems google failed to do proper research. Oh and proclaiming that you have "the best" protection, is a declaration of war to the world. You ARE going to get cracked...

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
Pages: [1]
  Print