Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:16:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Berkely DB cxx not found when compiling -qt  (Read 760 times)
jamd315 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:22:03 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 04:01:57 PM by jamd315

When I was compiling my bitcoin clone, in the QT command prompt I ran qmake "USE_UPNP=- codecoin-qt.pro and that worked fine building without UPNP support.  When I run make -f makefile.release it ends on line "mingw32-make: *** [release\codecoin-qt.exe] Error1" after some stuff about how ld.exe cannot find -lboost_thread-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 or some other stuff.  I already had some problems building boost so I rebuilt it a couple f times with different versions, because the guide I followed used 1.53 that's what I'm using right now.  In the release file is "qrc-bitcoin.cpp" and it appears to be full of base 16 numbers in a C notation.  My goal is to create a redistributable .exe, and I already have necessary .dll's for redistribution.
link to guide: http://andarazoroflove.org/how-to-create-alt-coin-scrypt-clones-for-fun-and-profit-bitcoin-litecoin-secrets-exposed/

EDIT: I fixed the problems with the boost library by changing mgw46 to mgw48 in the .pro file, now I'm having problems because it can't find db_cxx.  When I built Berkely DB I enabled both mingw and cxx.
"ld.exe: cannot find -ldb_cxx"

EDIT 2:  I can get all the way to make -f Makefile.Release before the error shows up. I am building without UPNP using "qmake "USE_UPNP=-" codecoin-qt.pro".  I found the .h file and added the folder to the PATH but that didn't work.  I recompiled the Berkely DB with just what I needed and then with everything, tryed some stuff from "Building a headless bitcoin-qt on windows".  The -qt.pro points to the right directory, I really don't understand why this doesn't work.  Huh
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: