Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:43:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: US- Iran Tensions boost Bitcoin price to $24,000  (Read 1068 times)
Bagaji (OP)

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2020, 10:28:13 PM

The recent airstrike on the Baghdads airport orchestrated by the United States of America President Donald Trump which killed the head of the Iranian revolutionary gaurds General Qasem Soleimani. This has led to the increase in the market value of the global oil price and that of Bitcoin in recent time but who knows how long will this effect last.
The Iranian restriction to access Internet was another factor that led price increase of Bitcoin to around $24,000 per Bitcoin on the local Bitcoin exchange. For further information visit https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-selling-for-24-000-per-btc-in-iran-as-us-tensions-escalate

It's not only the Iranian sellers that having a boost of the demand even the market is now enjoying it, from $7300 we finally bridge the $8000 mark, and we are hoping for it to reach the $9000, that's short term profit for those who are in a buying spree in the last 3 months, the situation is both alarming and interesting for the community and the world, now and the weeks to come, we will have more news and it could have an impact on the market.
Should we now concludes that the current market increase was as a result of the conflict between the United States of America and Iranian government? What other news are we expecting to bust the market aside from halving that we are all expecting come May this year.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wajik-tempe

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 01:31:05 AM

It is true that the conflict between the U.S. and Iran will bring a lot of misery in all ways, not only the economy but also everything will be affected by this war, without a doubt, the economy will be the main thing and the price of oil will be severely affected. So when the oil price gets high then everything is going to face a lot of crisis in every area, but it's not time to say that the bitcoin price is going to get high because of the U.S. and Iran war, but Tramp is playing with fire, I think both tramps and Iran are going to pay a huge price if they can't stop right now.

I don't get it when you say iran US war will affected world oil price moreover cryptocurrency, i'm sure the war won't be ignited because US power military power is much more rather than iran, and iran must be have a really good strategy to start the war or they will destroyed. So i think it's not the time for worrying about cryptocurrency price because there will be no effect to it.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 02:17:54 PM

Right now, if you go to localbitcoins website the best offer on the table is 28 thousand dollars and not even 24 thousand right now. I don't know who is capable of selling that high or even if they are capable of trading honestly for those prices. What intrigued me and nobody talks about here is that most of them are people from other nations and not Iran directly.

There are two types of people who are willing to sell bitcoin for IRR and one of them is Iranians who use Swift which normally takes an insane amount of cost to trade and why nobody does arbitrage using Swift anymore but when the price is so high compared to real price, it is not a shock that they are willing to use it, the second type of people is other nations like Turkey or Iraq and even one from Isreal which was shocking to see.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 02:43:45 PM

I forgot about the asset in stock market that got up dramatically because of Trump seizing fire against Iran. And that's a great news. I wonder OP why will bitcoin will go up if there could be some war up ahead? I mean wars could deal massive destroy on economy on ones country right?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
crisanto01

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 04:08:25 PM

The recent airstrike on the Baghdads airport orchestrated by the United States of America President Donald Trump which killed the head of the Iranian revolutionary gaurds General Qasem Soleimani. This has led to the increase in the market value of the global oil price and that of Bitcoin in recent time but who knows how long will this effect last.
The Iranian restriction to access Internet was another factor that led price increase of Bitcoin to around $24,000 per Bitcoin on the local Bitcoin exchange. For further information visit https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-selling-for-24-000-per-btc-in-iran-as-us-tensions-escalate

It's not only the Iranian sellers that having a boost of the demand even the market is now enjoying it, from $7300 we finally bridge the $8000 mark, and we are hoping for it to reach the $9000, that's short term profit for those who are in a buying spree in the last 3 months, the situation is both alarming and interesting for the community and the world, now and the weeks to come, we will have more news and it could have an impact on the market.
Should we now concludes that the current market increase was as a result of the conflict between the United States of America and Iranian government? What other news are we expecting to bust the market aside from halving that we are all expecting come May this year.

Let's see as of the moment we cannot really tell that the war between those 2 countries lead the market to go rise, I think it is just a coincidence because there were many people really buying Bitcoin at the beginning of the year and they are also expecting something from the upcoming halving.
pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 04:56:20 PM

I forgot about the asset in stock market that got up dramatically because of Trump seizing fire against Iran. And that's a great news. I wonder OP why will bitcoin will go up if there could be some war up ahead? I mean wars could deal massive destroy on economy on ones country right?
I also don't think if war thing has any impact on BTC at this point. Even if it escalates do we really think that avg joe will be in crypto business at this point? Or the arab guys for this matter. Nobody will care for BTC or anything close it in times of real danger. The gold will be the 'go to' asset as it has always been. What happens to BTC network when Russians cut the atlantic internet cablez? I wonder how fast it is gonna take for people to transition onto satellite solutions when the Internet is gone.
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 05:31:48 PM

I also don't think if war thing has any impact on BTC at this point. Even if it escalates do we really think that avg joe will be in crypto business at this point? Or the arab guys for this matter. Nobody will care for BTC or anything close it in times of real danger. The gold will be the 'go to' asset as it has always been. What happens to BTC network when Russians cut the atlantic internet cablez? I wonder how fast it is gonna take for people to transition onto satellite solutions when the Internet is gone.
I think it does, as what we have see , bitcoin starts to pump when the tension arises , it has been a pump that happen recently and nobody expected that, maybe because due to some panic, people started to sell their gold or other investment and exchange it in bitcoin, because it is too easy to get your money when you left your country and you will get your bitcoin thru internet in another country.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
Asmonist

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 11:04:58 PM

I think US-Iran tensions are really affecting the bitcoin price which is somehow a happy-sad effect. Happy for bitcoin holders but in away sad for the human welfare. Its a mixed feelings but I think its more on the usd value that also make the price height. We'll just hope for the best as we all know its not always a war that makes the bitcoin price rise. Its just too bad to take advantage of the war or something like being happy for their war.

dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 11:13:19 PM

I think US-Iran tensions are really affecting the bitcoin price which is somehow a happy-sad effect. Happy for bitcoin holders but in away sad for the human welfare. Its a mixed feelings but I think its more on the usd value that also make the price height. We'll just hope for the best as we all know its not always a war that makes the bitcoin price rise. Its just too bad to take advantage of the war or something like being happy for their war.

Yup this two country war tensions makes a big big affect to bitcoin behavior not only btc but also for gold. This really sad for both country no one will win on war and thankful that the war finally over hopefully this will not happen again.

nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 11:35:44 PM

Its just between Iran and US and some of the allied countries that backs Iran. if the conflict started to involve bigger countries like Russia, China, and Korea, start to fill up your bags and keep them safe, but still I would go for Gold because if you notice the price of Gold started to climb slowly when the conflict between Iran and US started to escalate.
adroitful_one
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041

1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 05:41:57 AM

Right now, if you go to localbitcoins website the best offer on the table is 28 thousand dollars and not even 24 thousand right now. I don't know who is capable of selling that high or even if they are capable of trading honestly for those prices. What intrigued me and nobody talks about here is that most of them are people from other nations and not Iran directly.

There are two types of people who are willing to sell bitcoin for IRR and one of them is Iranians who use Swift which normally takes an insane amount of cost to trade and why nobody does arbitrage using Swift anymore but when the price is so high compared to real price, it is not a shock that they are willing to use it, the second type of people is other nations like Turkey or Iraq and even one from Isreal which was shocking to see.

Just because it's listed at the price, it doesn't mean that he's actually selling anything for $28,000. Again, if they have access to local bitcoins, they have access to all of the other people on there selling for $8k. No one is going to spend $28k for something on a website whenever you can get it for $8k from the exact same website. If you're buying a few Bitcoins, you could easily afford to spend a couple hundred dollars on a plane ticket and even meet someone in person somewhere and save yourself 4x the cost. Even if Iran has banned easy access to Bitcoins.
BigBos

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 04:17:39 PM

Its just between Iran and US and some of the allied countries that backs Iran. if the conflict started to involve bigger countries like Russia, China, and Korea, start to fill up your bags and keep them safe, but still I would go for Gold because if you notice the price of Gold started to climb slowly when the conflict between Iran and US started to escalate.
Well, I don't know whether gold will be used as a transaction tool at the time or not. but I think that if what you mentioned actually happened, I think the price of crypto would be really affected, and if it happened before halving, then halving would be another impetus. I can't speculate on prices, but that would be really high.
jazmuzika217

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 11, 2020, 09:06:43 AM

I think the reason behind that is people are start to use their bitcoin and they start to buy bitcoin to have an online transaction because of the war crisis. But I am not thankful even the price of bitcoin wass increase because I know if the war will continue all of us will be affected not only in bitcoin price but also in our life.
sisule

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2020, 11:26:20 AM

Need tension between Iran and United State to make bitcoin and altcoin back to higher price, after few days Iran and United State have stop their tension bitcoin looks down and back with lower price, need time when Iran and United State back again for fight and give effect for bitcoin back to higher price, some time bad thing could make bitcoin have higher price.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
January 11, 2020, 03:38:05 PM

--snip

Just because it's listed at the price, it doesn't mean that he's actually selling anything for $28,000. Again, if they have access to local bitcoins, they have access to all of the other people on there selling for $8k. No one is going to spend $28k for something on a website whenever you can get it for $8k from the exact same website. If you're buying a few Bitcoins, you could easily afford to spend a couple hundred dollars on a plane ticket and even meet someone in person somewhere and save yourself 4x the cost. Even if Iran has banned easy access to Bitcoins.
It doesn't mean he is selling for those kinds of prices (well maybe he is, we can't know) but at the same time we can't just say that the price is exactly the same on Iran neither, like maybe it is not as high as $28k of course but I doubt it is market price neither. Just to give an example if you sold bitcoin for $10k in Iran right now, I am pretty sure you will be capable of.

However, the trouble most of the time is that they are very strictly watched nation so if you do not pay your bribes to right people, you may end up with a lot of taxes and other troubles that make it look like it is legal but in reality is a punishment that normally other people don't get for doing the same thing. However, if you bribe the right people, there has been billions of dollars worth of gold that came in and out of that nation when it is illegal to do so.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
January 11, 2020, 03:58:12 PM

I think it does, as what we have see , bitcoin starts to pump when the tension arises , it has been a pump that happen recently and nobody expected that, maybe because due to some panic, people started to sell their gold or other investment and exchange it in bitcoin, because it is too easy to get your money when you left your country and you will get your bitcoin thru internet in another country.
I remember reading it many times in some high profile reports like Wolong's confession that this type of news is just used by market makers to influence opinion. Seriously, who is selling his personal stuff and going btc in first 24h after incident such as this? All i'm saying is this price movement is not caused by the Iranian people by any means. It is Chinese, American and European money playing the news.
novaprime

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

UniDApp - it's DeFi time!

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 09:16:50 AM

Need tension between Iran and United State to make bitcoin and altcoin back to higher price, after few days Iran and United State have stop their tension bitcoin looks down and back with lower price, need time when Iran and United State back again for fight and give effect for bitcoin back to higher price, some time bad thing could make bitcoin have higher price.
You want these 2 countries to war? This is really a very bad idea because this war is really meaningless and will only affect the lives of others. I don't want Bitcoin to go up this way and I will only invest when the market is really stable because any news that causes the price of Bitcoin to rise will put investors at great risk.

In fact, when Bitcoin rises, after a few days it is certain the coin will have many corrections and the market will continue to decline until more news comes. This loop will never stop and Bitcoin will continue to be manipulated by others.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 02:12:59 PM

What I think is that if bigger countries like Russia , China, etc are also involved in this conflict then the prices for gold, crude oil, minerals, etc might fall because in the war like situation most of the capital in required and for acquiring that capital those bigger nations might need to sell off their resources which might bring the price for those resources on the descending graph.

None of the country has profits from the war and all what is left behind are huge looses of life, resources, ammunition, etc which brings the economy temporarily down. The countries involved in the conflict has to cover up their losses in order to stabilize their economy again.
Karmakid

Activity: 742
Merit: 397

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 02:35:15 PM

The price of bitcoin will not reach that price in a fast phase because if that happens then it will show a huge parabolic move in the chart and it is not healthy for an asset because it means that the dump will be worse. The tension between US and Iran is now settling down and I think that we can still reach that target price without relying on something bad like a war.
purebitco

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 17, 2020, 10:22:47 PM

It is true that the conflict between the U.S. and Iran will bring a lot of misery in all ways, not only the economy but also everything will be affected by this war, without a doubt, the economy will be the main thing and the price of oil will be severely affected. So when the oil price gets high then everything is going to face a lot of crisis in every area, but it's not time to say that the bitcoin price is going to get high because of the U.S. and Iran war, but Tramp is playing with fire, I think both tramps and Iran are going to pay a huge price if they can't stop right now.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆