Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:22:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Boogle Coin, Are they Google? Lets Discuss.  (Read 448 times)
hulla

Activity: 1820
Merit: 566

View Profile
April 20, 2020, 04:29:30 PM

I am not with Boogle, nor do i have any affiliation, this thread only serves as information.

I saw the Boogle project a while ago and immidiatly noticed the similarity to, of course Google.

Was wondering how they could legally put out a search engine with such a similar Name.

Does anyone know if or if not they are affiliated with Google, how they were able to acquire Boogle.com? (Recently) And if they are not affiliated, how are they legally able to do it?
It pretty easy mate, they are making search engine decentralized so that people private information will be secure and they also offer a service of splitting their advertised earning to users of their search engine base of the numbers of advertisements link they click which i think will be challenge to tradition search engines and innovation like this is what we need not project which imitate others.

Well, again, that dosnt drill to the core, thats just what they offer or want to do. What me and a couple of other potential investors are wondering about is how they can operate with that company name/domain being a search engine and not get an asswhooping from google. Thats all.
There's nothing like ass whooping from Google because of the domain the project owner used since the domain was legally bought through GoDaddy LLC and if the boogle domain matter much to Google they would have bought it just like they did with the Google.net, social, .news etc.

It took me 3 seconds to find: https://domainnamewire.com/2012/04/16/google-files-complaint-against-domain-registered-1999/

This is a business on a confusingly similar domain with millions collected from investors, the business has been branding itself as Boogle and recently acquired Boogle.com. If y lawsuit of a few million, (maybe up to the hundreds) and a UDRP for the domain dosnt count as an ass-whooping, then i dont know what does. The question remains the same, why does google not do it (its not like they are not aware of the project). Instead they choose not to comment.
I never see the UDRP complaint before and as you said it  a business on confusing similar domain but the domain aint the same name and if Google want to whoop-ass it will be Go daddy LLC ass because they are the one responsible for it all for it didnt take them nothing to inform Google about it in the first while they sell it to them for high price.

why does google not do it ? I dont know.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
heygeorge

Activity: 37
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 12:22:40 PM

If they were google, we would definitely got an authentic source of the project existence. Since google has never shared anything, I think they are not affiliated with google. Just because the name is near to google does not mean it is from google.

I believe they've used "Boogle" which is that close to "Google" just the fact to use its popular factors of getting noticed. Just like other brands which aren't the same thing but close enough and much more sounds like that would ring a bell when discussed.  Grin
aioc

Activity: 2884
Merit: 564

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 12:35:47 PM

I believe they've used "Boogle" which is that close to "Google" just the fact to use its popular factors of getting noticed. Just like other brands which aren't the same thing but close enough and much more sounds like that would ring a bell when discussed.  Grin

They are not yet  in Google's radar, but if they become popular, Google will look at them and they may charge them because of copyright infringement and imitation, developers should always out for imitation or they will lose a lot if they are charged for infringement, so not a good idea to do imitation.

heygeorge

Activity: 37
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 29, 2020, 12:36:47 PM

Also Boogle might be derived from "Google" itself and powered by Blockchain, that's why it's called BOOGLE. Makes sense?  Cool
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: