Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:51:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paxful is a scam  (Read 121 times)
victorsspy (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2020, 02:11:19 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQuX_JzJ9bY

I explain everything in the video, alternatively here's the story:

I started a trade for €100 of Steam Giftcards to Bitcoin, the seller says they were already used which they weren't, I show them a video of my recent top-ups on Steam which clearly shows I have not used the giftcards, I also show them the G2A receipts (where I got the gitcards from) with the time and date so they can compare everything. The moderator takes a whole month to reply and then rushes to close my ticket within 24h, he asked me to get a message from Steam Support. Keep in mind, the moderator replied to me on a Sunday, I don't think Steam Support works on Sundays. I keep them updated in the trade/disputes' chat saying that I haven't gotten a reply yet (Jan 6). The moderator closes my ticket on for not providing enough proof (Jan 7). This site is a scam and ultimately has really terrible support.
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 08, 2020, 12:40:44 AM

Gift card payments are always a pain in the ass to moderate, whether it is paxful or LBC. That's why LBC took it out of their platform entirely.

I don't think that this constitutes as paxful necessarily scamming you. I've used paxful plenty of times without issue. Perhaps this is because of the fact that i only deal in bank transfer as the payment method though.

So did you end up losing 100 EUR? Or is this just a trade that was botched after a month?

victorsspy (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 01:07:42 PM

Lost €100

Gift card payments are always a pain in the ass to moderate, whether it is paxful or LBC. That's why LBC took it out of their platform entirely.

I don't think that this constitutes as paxful necessarily scamming you. I've used paxful plenty of times without issue. Perhaps this is because of the fact that i only deal in bank transfer as the payment method though.

So did you end up losing 100 EUR? Or is this just a trade that was botched after a month?
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 3680

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2020, 05:51:41 PM

We cannot judge the platform as a scam because of an individual case, digital products are more difficult to compare, so it is better to stay away from P2P platforms in buying gift cards.
You should buy cards from authorized sellers, which is the best option even if you get a 10% discount.

Can you post the conversations for more detail?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: