Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:13:43 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to secure your asset in forkdelta?  (Read 804 times)
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 02:19:21 PM

I use Forkdelta Dex more often compare to other DEX, so far I'm not encountered any glitch and even security problem, Sometimes I'm using Metamask but mostly not after I'm using Forkdelta I just simply forget it but so far no unauthorized transfer was made my eth and ERC 20 tokens are still intact so it's nothing to worry about. I think Forkdelta was still safe and reliable ERC20 Dex and I'm using it till now!
princecharles
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 02:29:41 PM

in my opinion forkdelta is a pretty safe exchanger. it's just that it all depends on your level of security in using it. it would be nice when you trade, save your coins in a wallet like myetherwallet. do not occasionally save in the wallet exchanger because it is very easy to hack. then use incognito when you enter your forkdelta address so that history is not stored in your computer account. most hacks occur through history.

This advice of yours is quite beneficial especially to me. I just realised that I've not been very security conscious. It's a good idea for us to use the incognito mode of browsers to avoid the issue of hacks and also desist from storing our cryptocurrency assets on the exchange sites. We really need to be careful as the cryptocurrency industry is getting riskier by the day.
FairUser

Activity: 1344
Merit: 264

bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 03:27:21 PM

There was a time when Etherdelta was hacked. A lot of people have lost money with it, but I personally am lucky that I have not encountered any problems with this exchange. This is one of the DEX with the most users and the highest volume in this market. Also you should use Metamask to improve security and hackers will not be able to hack your private key

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
tbterryboy

Activity: 1946
Merit: 322

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 04:18:46 PM

This is because the more time you Login in forkdelta, the more chance to hack your wallet. Hackers need some time to hack your wallet.
How it will be possible? What are the leads for hackers to target the users who are logging for more hours? As per my basic knowledge on security measurements, it will be impossible to hack anyone just because they are logged in. If it will be possible, then that will make us to assume that site itself selling our data to the hackers.

Only by installing some malware in your computer, hackers may get access to your private key which may be the reason they are able to hack you when you are logging in for more hours.
Ashong Salonga

Activity: 882
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 04:25:16 PM

Forkdelta is the world's most risky exchange i think. Because in this exchange you need private key to log in.

I have two bad experience in this exchange. My wallet was hacked two times while trading in this exchange.

Now i want to warn beginners who want to trade in Forkdelta.

1. At first i suggest you to use metamask.
2. Those who haven't computer, use mobile phone, they may use a new ERC 20 wallet for trading purpose.
3. You can create a new address in forkdelta or import an existing account. https://i.imgur.com/cTJbtTt.png
4. Then you are able to trade in forkdelta.
5. Now you can make a buy order or sell order. I suggest everyone to Forget your account from forkdelta just after making an order. https://i.imgur.com/B2DBJXD.png
6. You may think that what happen to your asset when you forget your account? Nothing happen. You can view your order without login. When you see that your order is completed then you login to your account and withdraw your asset.
7. You have to remember that every 10000 block your order is expired if it is not completed. So you have to check your order and if expire you have to make an order again.
8. This is because the more time you Login in forkdelta, the more chance to hack your wallet. Hackers need some time to hack your wallet.

I think there are more ways may be to secure asset in forkdelta. So anyone who have idea please discuss here. Thanks my friends.

I have already an experience trading with forkdelta before and I have not encountered something wrong by that time but I have difficulty in accessing my account maybe due to my internet connection or just the site itself. Good thing that I have not encountered my asset being hacked maybe due to the reason that I just frequently log in my account since I can see my order even I did not log in my account into their site. Well, it is already common to encounter such risk being put in by hackers so you better secure not just your account but as well as the browser you use to access the site. It is another problem that there is blocking system in which when you have wrong estimation into when your asset must be sold is that the block your order belongs will also expire. It is really risky doing trades online because of many way hackers can possible to access your account so it is better to keep yourself always ready and be observant into whatever is happening and assure to be careful on the information you fill in online to somehow lessen the possibility of your account to hacked.

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████████████▀▀░░░░███
███████████▌░░░░░░███
███████████░░░░██████
███████████░░░░██████
████████░░░░░░░░░░▐██
████████░░░░░░░░░░███

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

███████████░░░░██████

▀██████████░░░░█████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
████▀██████▀░░░▀▀▄███
████░░▀▀███░░░░░░▄███
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▐████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░▄█████

████▀█▄░░░░░░░▄██████

█████▄░░░░░▄▄████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
███░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░███
██░░▄█████████▀▀▄░░██
██░░███▀▀░░░▀▀▄▄█░░██
██░░██▀░▄███▄░▀██░░██
██░░██░░█████░░██░░██
██░░██▄░▀███▀░▄██░░██

██░░███▄▄░░░▄▄███░░██

██░░▀███████████▀░░██

███░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░███

█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████

▀███████████████████▀
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀████
██████████▀▀░░░░▐████
██████▀▀░░░▄▀░░░█████
████░░░░▄▄▀░░░░▐█████
██████▄▐█░░░░░░██████

███████▌▌░░░░░▐██████

████████▄██▄▄░███████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

▀███████████████████▀
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 05:16:26 PM

No offence but i highly strike off trading on forkdelta exchange if you want to secure you assets. There are so many clone sites which can lead you to logging in with your private key and later giving hackers the access to your wallet. I got hacked once when i tried using their platforms to trade my tokens. Stay off it and save your assets, it's that simple.
bearexin

Activity: 1162
Merit: 168

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 05:19:05 PM

I remember forkdelta is the open source platform and I believe they must be having all the security measurements to protect its users funds and privacy but not sure what is happening right now. When there will be continuous hacking then we must stop using these kind of exchanges.

Unfortunately we are having less number of decentralized exchanges which must be a signal of end of smart contract things. Token economy may survive or not which means ethereum kind of thing may stay with us or not. At least, devs must focus on listing their token on centralized exchanges too, so that people will get more option to trade rather than having only decentralized exchanges.
owmivmen

Activity: 644
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 05:43:05 PM

I know using informal markets is very risky. Thank you for your advice and information. I usually don't use a main wallet if I want to sell or trade there. Because there are some users who experience their wallet on hacks.
BitTraderCute

Activity: 899
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 06:49:57 PM

I know using informal markets is very risky. Thank you for your advice and information. I usually don't use a main wallet if I want to sell or trade there. Because there are some users who experience their wallet on hacks.
i have  a trick if we want to sell our token in decentralized exchanges like forkdelta. dont use main wallet and we must have speciall wallet that only content with token that we will sell.so if this wallet hacked there is no more token , and our main wallet was safe. i am used this way for several time and so far there is no hacking case in my wallet.
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 07:04:55 PM

No offence but i highly strike off trading on forkdelta exchange if you want to secure you assets. There are so many clone sites which can lead you to logging in with your private key and later giving hackers the access to your wallet. I got hacked once when i tried using their platforms to trade my tokens. Stay off it and save your assets, it's that simple.
I never use this site anymore because of security and also their site is too slow. Also better use other exchange for selling or trading coins. Actually there so many issues that's why others avoid this from using. Though in my experience I never got hacked so better let's being careful from using this site.
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 08:06:55 PM

I have found forkdelta to be safe but it is just that i have made a new mew account and then accessed fork delta through that account and i have not ever faced any problem during golden days of icos i used to go and trade on forkdelta every other day but now i hardly even go there because simply there are almost no new tokens for me to trade or cashout.

Diamond_Darrell

Activity: 1106
Merit: 103

♦♣♥♠

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 09:40:58 PM

Forkdelta is the world's most risky exchange i think. Because in this exchange you need private key to log in.

I have two bad experience in this exchange. My wallet was hacked two times while trading in this exchange.

2. Those who haven't computer, use mobile phone, they may use a new ERC 20 wallet for trading purpose.
3. You can create a new address in forkdelta or import an existing account. https://i.imgur.com/cTJbtTt.png
5. Now you can make a buy order or sell order. I suggest everyone to Forget your account from forkdelta just after making an order. https://i.imgur.com/B2DBJXD.png
6. You may think that what happen to your asset when you forget your account? Nothing happen. You can view your order without login. When you see that your order is completed then you login to your account and withdraw your asset.
7. You have to remember that every 10000 block your order is expired if it is not completed. So you have to check your order and if expire you have to make an order again.
8. This is because the more time you Login in forkdelta, the more chance to hack your wallet. Hackers need some time to hack your wallet.

I think there are more ways may be to secure asset in forkdelta. So anyone who have idea please discuss here. Thanks my friends.
And what prevents the user from creating a separate wallet for the sale or purchase of a certain token, and immediately after the purchase, the first tokens or ETH to the main / cold wallet? wait, I’ll answer myself .... tram, lack of brains

rajsimran

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 09:47:04 PM

I always try my own rules.If I trade on etherdelta I just create new eth wallet and put buy orders,after filling my buy orders I moved that coin to my personal wallet.Same thing I do when I sell my tokens,After finished sell,I moved my ETH to my wallet.I think this is safe way to avoid hacking or scamming.
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 4207

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2020, 09:59:33 PM

Forkdelta is a decentralized exchange meaning it should be more secure than all the centralized exchanges out there therefore I don't understand your statement of declaring it the world most risky exchange when power have been given to you to secure your funds unlike centralized exchanges like binance and the rest, that can restrict you access to your funds at any moment.

Decentralized exchange are one of the secure exchange currently in the space, you just have to know how to access and operate them. Be cautious of the sites you input your login details because fake site are all over the web as this will prevent scammers from having access to your wallet.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 10:07:31 PM

There was a time when Etherdelta was hacked. A lot of people have lost money with it, but I personally am lucky that I have not encountered any problems with this exchange. This is one of the DEX with the most users and the highest volume in this market. Also you should use Metamask to improve security and hackers will not be able to hack your private key

Sorry, but I don’t understand how this is possible, is it possible to crack a smart contract? I believe what you are talking about is not a hack but a substitution of a real site for a clone site.
As a result, users went to the clone site and entered their private keys there and also sent funds to the clone's wallets, which naturally led to huge losses among users, as well as rumors that the site was hacked.
Kelvinid

Activity: 2828
Merit: 344

win lambo...

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 10:10:35 PM

I used to trade there at Forkdelta and import my wallet and the key as well but I've never experienced being hack by anyone or I've never noticed it. The possible reason why we lost control of our wallet having entered our keys is that we never do the logout and make another see's on it. If you are using this exchanger, you'll have to end the transaction first before leaving and don't hang for long hours without logging out unless if you are using your own PC or laptop but if not, you are risking it and might other person will trace your transactions. This commonly happens when you are using a hotspot internet connection and those in the cafe also.

Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 11:51:03 PM

One thing I have always known is that Folkdelta or any other exchange site is not a place to keep your fund. You are very much aware of happened to Etheredelta. Those who were affected would tell you the mistakes they made and that made them lose their fund.
The most important thing is that irrespective of other security measures, never leave a huge fund exchange. Such that when you lose it, it might not pull much on you.
Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 02:15:53 AM

It must better you use a different wallet on fork delta to keep safe your balance on your real wallet if you gonna be log in you gonna use your one wallet then put some balance that you want to sell so that your another balance will be safe. If that wallet hack at least not all your balance gone.
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 05:14:18 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2020, 05:36:39 AM by Rodeo02

One thing I have always known is that Folkdelta or any other exchange site is not a place to keep your fund. You are very much aware of happened to Etheredelta. Those who were affected would tell you the mistakes they made and that made them lose their fund.
The most important thing is that irrespective of other security measures, never leave a huge fund exchange. Such that when you lose it, it might not pull much on you.
actually you dont need to store your funds in that exchange .

You just need to login then sell your tokens you want to sell then logout thats all. The only problem is if you want to set buy or sell order then you need to wait for a while before cashing it out back to the wallet then logout.
FireBallex

Activity: 462
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 26, 2020, 06:06:15 AM

Storing funds on any exchange is wrong move either centralized or decentralized exchanges, and even forkdelta is way worse than binance Dex which is the only Dex I trust, still I prefer centralized exchanges like binance and Okex instead

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: