Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:27:45 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Possibly the biggest ponzi in history - OneCoin (article)  (Read 139 times)
Granko (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 11:15:04 PM

OneCoin was and is a crazy scam.

OneCoin is a pyramid, MLM scam. That was run and advertise as a "cryptocurrency" better than Bitcoin bla bla... The funniest part is that OneCoin was never a cryptocurrency because there was no blockchain. People were buying "educational packages" that cost from 100 to 100K Euro and within those packages, they received OneCoin tokens. Obviously OneCoin was never on a public exchange and no one was able to sell their OneCoins. There was a price that was completely made up on the website and people believed that they are millionaires, but they were never able to sell those tokens.
According to official sources they stole around $4.9b, but some people that worked within the company claim that OneCoin stole around $19.4b. In fact, it's still working to this day, you can still buy packages and there are still leaders that are constructing new people. For each person, that accurate package they are getting revenue 60% in euro 40% in OneCoins.

Their founder Dr. Ruja Ignatova is gone since October 2017 and wanted by FBI. Her brother is in jail plagued guilty for running a Ponzi and money laundering, however, the scam works to this day and still has hardcore believers.

I spend some time reading, listening and researching it. You can check out the full story here:

https://medium.com/daomaker/onecoin-scam-that-became-a-religion-48105ef9cace

There are other stories like: Who is behind those fake Livestream giveaways on youtube.

Take care peeps
Granko
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1042

Death to enemies!

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 01:39:39 AM

OneCoin was a scam from beginning. It borrowed some elements from religious sects, so no doubt many christian zealots also advocated OneCoin. They never listened that the so called "blockchain" for OneCoin is nothing more than MS Excel spreadsheet table in the scammer computers. They never listened that anonymity, untraceability and unblockability is a Bitcoin strength, not a weakness. They never listened that there is nothing from cryptocurrency, except grandiose promises and improperly used technical terminology.

Too bad Samsung borrowed the OneCoin name in it's newest implementation of customized Android called One UI.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 05:37:36 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2020, 05:51:15 AM by Ucy

I have read alot about Onecoin on this forum but I haven't for once researched it, so I won't pass a judgment yet. Some of my  criticisms of the coin are based on hearsay.
Well, I just added "research onecoin" on my reminder app. Once am done researching it, I will finally decide whether it's worth it or not.

I think certain ponzi-like schemes are sustainable. For example: a scheme with many groups... 4 to 6 employed/self-employed people in one group. The members of each could be making turn by turn monthly or weekly contributions to a member of their group. Once someone misses his/her contribution, he is given few days of grace or automatically replaced by another employed person. What makes this different from ponzi/pyramid scheme is the grouping of few employed people in a single group.
I have seen this used by a relation in her community and it works for them
peter0425

Activity: 2688
Merit: 447

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 06:29:41 AM

since you have enough proof about this scam coin,then better move this case to scam and accusation section here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0 so the right action will be against them.and looking that it is an obvious scam then the scam will be stopped and may serve as example to others who is trying to do the same.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Granko (OP)

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 08:30:45 AM

since you have enough proof about this scam coin,then better move this case to scam and accusation section here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0 so the right action will be against them.and looking that it is an obvious scam then the scam will be stopped and may serve as example to others who is trying to do the same.

got u moving now
Fallenkeith2019

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 08:54:50 AM

OneCoin is a pyramid, MLM scam. That was run and advertise as a "cryptocurrency" better than Bitcoin bla bla... The funniest part is that OneCoin was never a cryptocurrency because there was no blockchain. People were buying "educational packages" that cost from 100 to 100K Euro and within those packages, they received OneCoin tokens. Obviously OneCoin was never on a public exchange and no one was able to sell their OneCoins. There was a price that was completely made up on the website and people believed that they are millionaires, but they were never able to sell those tokens.
According to official sources they stole around $4.9b, but some people that worked within the company claim that OneCoin stole around $19.4b. In fact, it's still working to this day, you can still buy packages and there are still leaders that are constructing new people. For each person, that accurate package they are getting revenue 60% in euro 40% in OneCoins.

Their founder Dr. Ruja Ignatova is gone since October 2017 and wanted by FBI. Her brother is in jail plagued guilty for running a Ponzi and money laundering, however, the scam works to this day and still has hardcore believers.

I spend some time reading, listening and researching it. You can check out the full story here:

https://medium.com/daomaker/onecoin-scam-that-became-a-religion-48105ef9cace

There are other stories like: Who is behind those fake Livestream giveaways on youtube.

Take care peeps
Granko

yep i remember 1coin from ages ago although I dont think theres much that can be done at this point since its been going on for years
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2020, 10:13:07 PM

Nope. The biggest in history, is fractional reserve banking, and its still ongoing. It only takes about 10% for the world population to withdraw their money from banks at the same time to collapse the global economy.

And its legalized. The history of modern banking knows why. Fact is most people are ignorant of this, and because of that, it keeps going.

If you think the Tulips and Mr Ponzi were bad, wait until you actually learn about fractional reserve bank, the way modern banks operate.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
Pages: [1]
  Print