Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:32:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DT opinions needed...don't be shy, speak up. NOT concerning ourselves !!!!!!!!!!  (Read 556 times)
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
January 13, 2020, 06:04:19 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2020, 06:16:24 PM by marlboroza

Was alice an blackmailer or extortionist for saying to bob she will go to the police if bob does not stop stealing her phone
I would say "Bob, give me my phone back or I will go to police and/or tell everyone that you pee in bed" is blackmail, extortion should be something like "Bob, I will break your both legs if you don't give me my phone back".

For example, this:
Lauda then comes and repeats the accusations that cryptohunter is a liar. Cryptohunter says produce the evidence of the lies. Lauda refuses and simply states it again. Cryptohunter then says if you call me a liar again without evidence we will encourage people to review your own post history and they will see who is the liar here.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5206130.0

..should be blackmail. If cryptohunter, for example, said: "if you call me liar again and you don't provide evidence I will kick you in the butt" should be extortion.

More examples:

You say to your kid "eat vegetables or I will say to mum/dad that you broke a vase" - is blackmail (it may or may not be true that kid broke vase)
You say to your kid "eat vegetables or I will take all your toys" - is extortion.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: