Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:47:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GPU Mining KILLER - The Innosilicon Ethereum ASIC Miner - A10 Review and Profits  (Read 733 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 15, 2020, 09:32:13 PM

I won't say  "MUCH MORE POWERFUL AND EFFICIENT than Ethereum GPU mining rigs"

because..

A10 Pro+ Miner (720Mh) @ 1300w

3080 (90mh) x8 720 @ ~1600W or ~2000w system included

not even x2 less powerful and efficient.

Actually 95mh a card so 7 x 95 is 665 at about 1700 watts

Vs 720 at about 1300 watts

The real problem is not that it works better the problem is too much hash will simply lower eth coin prices.

ETH could fix it by simply waiting 2 months and let all a10s sell out. Then alter the algorithm to 7gb dag. It would kill off a shit ton of hash .

The chances of that are next to nothing. But you never know. Maybe once the boss of eth would fuck with asic builders heads.

LOL.. but the ones who bought? Hehe If the asic makers already sold them then they already profited, the ones still in production will be recalled and upgraded to 8gb

If dag change is a soft fork then it is easier to implement but an algo change (progpow) is a hard fork and will put those asic makers back to drawing board.
VoskCoin (OP)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2020, 01:32:05 AM

I won't say  "MUCH MORE POWERFUL AND EFFICIENT than Ethereum GPU mining rigs"

because..

A10 Pro+ Miner (720Mh) @ 1300w

3080 (90mh) x8 720 @ ~1600W or ~2000w system included

not even x2 less powerful and efficient.

Actually 95mh a card so 7 x 95 is 665 at about 1700 watts

Vs 720 at about 1300 watts

The real problem is not that it works better the problem is too much hash will simply lower eth coin prices.

ETH could fix it by simply waiting 2 months and let all a10s sell out. Then alter the algorithm to 7gb dag. It would kill off a shit ton of hash .

The chances of that are next to nothing. But you never know. Maybe once the boss of eth would fuck with asic builders heads.

That's a pretty expensive rig to build, even at the super inflated ETH ASIC prices :O

Would be beautiful to watch them jab these ASIC manufacturers like that, no way they ever would though :/

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
Phoenix_PROG

Activity: 224
Merit: 28

View Profile
December 22, 2020, 06:16:36 AM

I just hope ethereum changes pow algo soon. :-)

yeah, but @ this rate it doesn't really seem like it'll happen -- its been "ready" for what, a year? and keeps getting pushed back in ETH forks -- to the point they'll say POS is so soon why even bother w/ the algo it has been fine this long ... even though they'll probably move to . a hybrid pow/pos for awhile or ever

honestly its really boring to even think/talk about at this point, idk how any miner could have any faith or interest in ETH at this point

Per Greerso
ProgPoW was proposed March 2018, and 100% ready by the end of 2018 and reference the January 2019 ETH dev call.. so basically progpow was ready in 2018, could have been implemented @ any point in 2019 and now its 2020 -- if you had held your breath, you would have surely died by now lol

Voskcoin is there a 720mhs official version of innosilicon A10 pro +? I heard there is a more powerful A10 miner with 720mh mining Ethereum and I can't find official details about this miner, I'm guessing it's just a overclocked version of the original innosilicon A10 pro with 500mhs ? Please I need your answer
VoskCoin (OP)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2020, 10:41:34 PM

I just hope ethereum changes pow algo soon. :-)

yeah, but @ this rate it doesn't really seem like it'll happen -- its been "ready" for what, a year? and keeps getting pushed back in ETH forks -- to the point they'll say POS is so soon why even bother w/ the algo it has been fine this long ... even though they'll probably move to . a hybrid pow/pos for awhile or ever

honestly its really boring to even think/talk about at this point, idk how any miner could have any faith or interest in ETH at this point

Per Greerso
ProgPoW was proposed March 2018, and 100% ready by the end of 2018 and reference the January 2019 ETH dev call.. so basically progpow was ready in 2018, could have been implemented @ any point in 2019 and now its 2020 -- if you had held your breath, you would have surely died by now lol

Voskcoin is there a 720mhs official version of innosilicon A10 pro +? I heard there is a more powerful A10 miner with 720mh mining Ethereum and I can't find official details about this miner, I'm guessing it's just a overclocked version of the original innosilicon A10 pro with 500mhs ? Please I need your answer
yes 720 mh/s innosilicon a10 ethereum asic miner confirmed, we should have one in-house to review soon

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: