Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:28:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Market for Casascius coins?  (Read 224 times)
vanhus (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 12:04:21 PM

In 2012 I purchased some Casascius coins from Mike. There's two 1 BTC loaded coins, series 2. One 25 BTC loaded coin, series 2. And then two unloaded 1 BTC coins, series 2, and one 5 BTC unloaded coin, series 2. For the unloaded coins I still have the sticker holograms that came with untouched. Coins have been in safe storage for years, untapped. Probably not considered "mint condition" as they have not been in plastic cases or wrapping. Just bare metal lying in storage. Checked the wallet addresses and Casascius Tracker just to be sure: all balances 1+1+25 still there, untouched, hard fork stuff and all.

What's the market for these things these days? Best options to sell them?

I'm fine with just hodling on to them for years to come. However if there starts to be a collectible value for these things the thought of selling them is intriguing. I don't consider myself a collector, even if I have these along with some Denarium coins.

Any informed advice on how to proceed if I decide to sell? I'm based in a solid EU country with all financial services, escrows etc available. Thanks!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 01:21:41 PM

You should start out by sharing some (high res) pictures, so people can assess the quality of the coins. You can upload pictures on www.imgur.com and post the URLs. One of us will embed them for you (your account is currently restricted).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: