Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:00:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinduit source code up for sale -- includes unfinished, innovative features  (Read 1991 times)
ineededausername (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
November 18, 2011, 05:08:34 AM

Hi everyone!
I'm putting Bitcoinduit up for sale. 
This includes the new features I've grafted in, like decay and losers' pot, as well as the new site design and two unfinished sister sites which I believe would be very successful (make of that what you will).

AUCTION DOES NOT INCLUDE DOMAINS.

You will also receive this month's hosting and cloud wallet at Microtronix.

STARTING PRICE $150; INCREMENT $5; END TIME 11/25/2011 12:00 AM GMT forum time.
BTC equivalent accepted.

(BFL)^2 < 0
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boonies4u

Activity: 826

View Profile
November 18, 2011, 06:09:32 AM

I'm in at min bid.
boonies4u

View Profile
November 18, 2011, 07:35:16 AM

I'm in at min bid.
Any chance I can pull that bid... I assumed that I was making a bid on Bitcoinduit.
Topic says source code is up for sale.

Care to clarify?
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2011, 07:46:40 AM

I'm in at min bid.
Any chance I can pull that bid... I assumed that I was making a bid on Bitcoinduit.

Care to clarify?

He's selling the full site code, hosting and wallet. Bitcoinduit is my domain, but I haven't run the game in months. INAU cleaned up and added to the original Bitcoinduit code, adding new features and creating an entire new game that he never launched because of the decline in traffic overall (affecting all bitcoin gambling sites). He decided to cease operations and if someone wants the code, they're welcome to buy it. The code itself is stable, and has over 150 hours of time into it. If Bitcoin gambling ever makes a comeback, it's a surefire winner. Includes Bootstrap + Jquery.

boonies4u

View Profile
November 18, 2011, 07:50:59 AM

I'm in at min bid.

Care to clarify?

He's selling the full site code, hosting and wallet. Bitcoinduit is my domain, but I haven't run the game in months. INAU cleaned up and added to the original Bitcoinduit code, adding new features and creating an entire new game that he never launched because of the decline in traffic overall (affecting all bitcoin gambling sites). He decided to cease operations and if someone wants the code, they're welcome to buy it. The code itself is stable, and has over 150 hours of time into it. If Bitcoin gambling ever makes a comeback, it's a surefire winner. Includes Bootstrap + Jquery.

Do you own the right to the name, "Bitcoinduit"? Or just the domain, "bitcoinduit.com"?
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2011, 08:13:51 AM

I'm in at min bid.

Care to clarify?

Do you own the right to the name, "Bitcoinduit"? Or just the domain, "bitcoinduit.com"?

Heh.. I own the domain name. However, if you or anyone else would like to trademark the name I'll be happy to entertain your accusation of cybersquatting with a transfer to an offshore registry + goatse redirect.

xD

boonies4u

View Profile
November 18, 2011, 08:19:13 AM

I'm in at min bid.

Care to clarify?

Heh.. I own the domain name. However, if you or anyone else would like to trademark the name I'll be happy to entertain your accusation of cybersquatting with a transfer to an offshore registry + goatse redirect.

xD

If I end up owning "the full site code, hosting and wallet", as long as I can call still call it (in its entirety, and any changes I make to it) Bitcoinduit, I would be quite happy.
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2011, 08:28:23 AM

I'm in at min bid.

Care to clarify?

xD

If I end up owning "the full site code, hosting and wallet", as long as I can call still call it (in its entirety, and any changes I make to it) Bitcoinduit, I would be quite happy.

You'd have to make me an offer for Bitcoinduit.com (hint: it's worth a multiplier of the source code, hosting and wallet), as INAU was only using my domain, and I alternatively have no interest in the code.

boonies4u

View Profile
November 18, 2011, 08:36:28 AM

You'd have to make me an offer for Bitcoinduit.com (hint: it's worth a multiplier of the source code, hosting and wallet), as INAU was only using my domain, and I alternatively have no interest in the code.

I certainly know that the domain would be a lovely icing to go onto the source code cake.  But, do I really need Bitcoinduit.com to have Bitcoinduit?
Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2011, 08:56:32 AM

I certainly know that the domain would be a lovely icing to go onto the source code cake.  But, do I really need Bitcoinduit.com to have Bitcoinduit?

You could register a new domain, or get Justduit.net from INAU (probably included). I guess you could call it whatever you want, but without the domain you'd end up sending a lot of people to Bitcoinduit and *whatever* its future brings.

Why not just get a new domain? I don't really want to sell Bitcoinduit, which means that the offer would have to be too good to pass up.. In other words, you probably can't afford it.

-Jonathan

boonies4u

View Profile
November 18, 2011, 09:01:34 AM

You could register a new domain, or get Justduit.net from INAU (probably included). I guess you could call it whatever you want, but without the domain you'd end up sending a lot of people to Bitcoinduit and *whatever* its future brings.

Why not just get a new domain? I don't really want to sell Bitcoinduit, which means that the offer would have to be too good to pass up.. In other words, you probably can't afford it.

-Jonathan

I have this strange feeling that you would really redirect it to Goatse... I just have to find a way to play off it being Bitcoinduit without people going to bitcoinduit.com

I suppose I could pay you to redirect bitcoinduit.com to my domain?
ineededausername (OP)

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 04:31:52 PM

boonies4u, you could, but such an arrangement would probably be temporary. I'm sorry.

(BFL)^2 < 0
boonies4u

View Profile
November 20, 2011, 05:41:43 PM

boonies4u, you could, but such an arrangement would probably be temporary. I'm sorry.

I'm sorry, but given the confusion and lack of clarity on the OP, I will be unable to pay for my bid if I am not outbid. If you wish for this auction to succeed, I'd advise that you advertise this auction more.
ineededausername (OP)

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
November 21, 2011, 03:38:12 AM

Alright, I've decided to cancel this auction since nobody's bidding and just sell domain+code for $500. locked.

(BFL)^2 < 0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: