Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:15:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Help with equitrader wallet  (Read 201 times)
gavva2010 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2020, 12:38:15 AM

I installed an equitrader wallet on my pc a few years ago, & moved a load of eqt from coinexchange.io into the wallet, installed on a windows machine. Some time after this, I opened the wallet, & it showed "zero balance". Nothing showing at all. After spending hours trying to get the balance recovered, I messaged ohforf on here, & did get some decent advice re: the .dat file, but I was ultimately unable to recover anything, whilst the price of eqt went to basically zero.

Now, due to the aluna swap, I'm trying to get this resolved. At the time coinexchange was open, I had used cryptoid to verify that the funds showed as sent to the wallet, which they did. Unfortunately, coinexchange is now gone, so I've no way of getting the txid or any info from the exchange side. On checking cryptoid with the current receiving address for the eqt wallet, it comes up with nothing.

If anybody can help me recover these funds, I'd be hugely grateful, & can donate to them. A few details:

EquiTrader version EQT-v1.0.0.build-g-bdb-gcc

Installed around Oct. 2018 (from memory)

Several thousand eqt were sent in one transaction to the wallet, & had definitely showed inside the wallet. I've tried copying in the wallet.dat backup, no joy.

Any help would be great with this

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Loganota

Activity: 1764
Merit: 881

View Profile
January 14, 2020, 04:02:14 AM

Wait, did you ever see the balance in your wallet installed on your pc? I didn't understand how you "lost" your wallet.dat file. Could you give more information? As I understand it, at no time did the balance appear in your wallet ... If you sent it to the correct address and the transaction was made, while retrieving the backup file from wallet.dat you should be able to see your balance.
Jawhead999
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1156

View Profile
January 14, 2020, 04:48:18 AM

To bad to say but you cann't do anything if your funds is still on coinexchange.
1 December 2019 is the last withdrawal on that exchange. They have so many problem and issue about withdrawals, some people was claimed scam.
Accept sincerely that you funds was gone. I hope you have not loss a much funds in that exchange.

The Coinexchange.io is about to close. According to their last announcement, trading and deposits will be closed from 15th of October 2019. They have shown the cause of the market situation.
Those who have funds in the Coinexchange.io can withdraw until 1st of December 2019.

Announcement :-  https://www.coinexchange.io/news/post/85/

Coinexchange.io is Closing Down
01/10/2019
It is with great regret that we must inform the community that the board of directors of CoinExchange.io has decided to close down the exchange.

This is purely a business decision and there has not been a security breach or any other type of incident. Unfortunately it is no longer economically viable for us to continue offering market services. The costs of providing the required level of security and support now outweigh our earnings.

Trading and deposits will be suspended on the 15th of October 2019. Please cease any deposit and trade activity as soon as possible.

The website and withdrawals will remain operational until the 1st of December 2019. We ask that you please remove all funds by this date.

It has been a fantastic journey and we have enjoyed playing a part in the crypto currency space. We thank everyone that has traded or listed a currency with us.

So sadly it is goodbye for now however we may return in the future if market conditions change.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
50 Cent

Activity: 519
Merit: 197

View Profile
January 14, 2020, 07:44:22 AM

You must see they Original thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1849442.0
They have changed something, you should update anything your wallet

Negotiation

Activity: 1050
Merit: 262

Need a Helping hand? https://tinyurl.com/2p94uabm

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2020, 10:19:26 AM

I think your wallet looks zero because you moved it to the wrong place while moving your wallet In order to do so the backup file does not appear on the wallet you have sent to You cannot contact your wallet if they do not provide a response Try viewing them in the main thread.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1789

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2020, 10:52:07 AM

There is 2 possible scenario:
- Either you 'recovered' a different wallet (different seed/private key).
- Your newly installed wallet does not fully sync with the network.

If you never re-install the wallet, then it's possible that your wallet can't sync with the network (even though in most cases it will still show some history if there's any previous transaction), but it's unlikely because it seems you've successfully redownloaded the whole blockchain.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
gavva2010 (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2020, 04:40:59 PM

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate all help with this - Loganota - the funds were DEFINITELY showing in the wallet originally, so the move from coinexchange.io to the wallet was fine. I used cryptoid to check the original transaction once the balance "disappeared" from the wallet. (To see if somebody had maybe hacked my wallet & removed the eqt from it.)

I'm at a loss with this, I've tried everything - ohforf said to move the .dat backup manually into the %appdata% folder of the wallet manually, rather than execute this within the wallet, (this was a good while ago) - tried this, no joy. The problem I now have is, because coinexchange.io is gone, I'm unable to search cryptoid again to confirm that the balance hasn't been moved out of the wallet. (I tried seaarching with the current "receiving" address for the wallet, this doesn't show anything.

Out of curiosity, I checked one of the blocks from within the "debug" section of the wallet:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/eqt/block.dws?53dce9f31129de09323829ceb93bb637c5f6e2b6877fc89a72216d42e0c86c3c.htm

The "Value Out" amount of 1489.6eqt rings a bell as the amount I had, so maybe a clue there. (It was several years ago that I gave up on it, as the value of eqt plummeted, long before coin-exchange closed,  & I had written it off).

Of course, now that it's being swapped for aluna, if there's any way at all of recovering this eqt within the wallet, I'm keen to get it swapped for something with a bit of promise.

50 cent, if I download & install the new wallet, would that not overwrite the existing wallet, with a new set of keys / receiving address? I'm being a little cautious with how to go about this, as I don't want to overwrite anything.

joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1789

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2020, 06:12:11 AM

Downloading a new wallet software usually won't result in a wallet overwrite, you can also back-up your current wallet file and/or seed/private key just in case.

That TX looks like a self-transfer. Are you saying that ELta2GbRd5qyn1equqkYkTn1oPkuqgs4Fc is your address? Because it seems like that address belongs to one of the miners (stakers).

If you can be sure that your tx from the exchange was confirmed, then the only thing left is you recover a different wallet.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
secone

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 15, 2020, 12:47:40 PM

I installed an equitrader wallet on my pc a few years ago, & moved a load of eqt from coinexchange.io into the wallet, installed on a windows machine. Some time after this, I opened the wallet, & it showed "zero balance". Nothing showing at all. After spending hours trying to get the balance recovered, I messaged ohforf on here, & did get some decent advice re: the .dat file, but I was ultimately unable to recover anything, whilst the price of eqt went to basically zero.

Now, due to the aluna swap, I'm trying to get this resolved. At the time coinexchange was open, I had used cryptoid to verify that the funds showed as sent to the wallet, which they did. Unfortunately, coinexchange is now gone, so I've no way of getting the txid or any info from the exchange side. On checking cryptoid with the current receiving address for the eqt wallet, it comes up with nothing.

If anybody can help me recover these funds, I'd be hugely grateful, & can donate to them. A few details:

EquiTrader version EQT-v1.0.0.build-g-bdb-gcc

Installed around Oct. 2018 (from memory)

Several thousand eqt were sent in one transaction to the wallet, & had definitely showed inside the wallet. I've tried copying in the wallet.dat backup, no joy.

Any help would be great with this

no update from developer and developer not active yet
https://github.com/equitrader/Equitrade
https://github.com/equitrader
some people also get issue
https://github.com/equitrader/Equitrade/issues

you can PM this person, he is the dev
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=37908
gavva2010 (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2020, 11:58:09 PM

Thanks for the replies, this is so frustrating - I've spent hours trying to resolve this, no replies from message to dev that might be able to help out here. The address I provided above is not accurate, & searching for the address the wallet currently displays comes up with nothing on the explorer. Any further ideas welcome

edit: It was actually 2017 when I installed the wallet, 08/10/2017, I have an encrypted wallet passphrase saved, but "unlock wallet" is greyed-out in the menu. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: