Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:51:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Escrow provider to guarantee that if someone gets paid a fee is paid  (Read 148 times)
mmingos (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2020, 09:09:30 AM

Hello everybody.

I would like to ask you something that troubles me for sometime.

A friend of mine has invested some money in an company.

The ceo of the company run away with the money so they found a company that can convince the CEO to repay the money to the shareholders via Bitcoin.

The intermediary asks for 12% commission if he manages to get the job done, thus returning the money of the shareholder to his hands via Bitcoin.

So he asked my friend to find an escrow service provider that can guarantee that:

If my friends gets in his bitcoin wallet the promissed money, the third party will automatically get his 12% comission.

So for example the CEO deposits 1 Bitcoin from his wallet to my friends Bitcoin wallet (so he returns his investment) and then the escrow provider will make sure that it will leave 0.88 bitcoin in my friends wallet and 0.12 will go to the third party wallet. Is there a service provider that can do such a smart contract easily ?

Let me rephrase it with a generic example

Bitcoin Addresses involved:
BTADDRESS1 (CEO)
BTADDRESS2 (SHAREHOLDER)
BTADDRESS3 (INTERMEDIARY FOR THE DEAL TO HAPPEN)

If BTADDRESS1 sends to BTADDRESS2 1 bitcoin
move from BTADDRESS1 to BTADDERSS3 0.12 bitcoin
BTADRESS2  will be left with 0.88 at the end of the deal and the smart contract finishes

So i am looking for a reliable Escrow Service that will guarantee for all 3 parties that this deal will be done according to the rules.

I am thinking that this is something like a Smart Contract that is usefull for lots of deals between parties but i haven't heard something about anything like this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 09:26:56 AM

this can be done with a trusted escrow service, generally for a 1-2% fee. you can find a list of such services (and their official threads) here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2439910.0

i recommend contacting minerjones or OgNasty. best of luck!

AB de Royse777
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 3893

Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2020, 09:52:52 AM

BTADDRESS1 (CEO)
BTADDRESS2 (SHAREHOLDER)

BTADRESS2  will be left with 0.88 at the end of the deal and the smart contract finishes
Let me try if I get it correct. Since you are going to use escrow and the new flow will be like this:

BTADDRESS1 (CEO)
ESCROW address
BTADDRESS2 (SHAREHOLDER)

If BTADDRESS1 sends to ESCROW address 1 bitcoin
ESCROW address moves  to BTADDERSS3 0.12 bitcoin
ESCROW address moves 0.88 btc to BTADRESS2 at the end of the deal and the smart contract finishes

Did I get it correct?

DarkStar_ is also top guy.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
mmingos (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2020, 09:59:20 AM

this can be done with a trusted escrow service, generally for a 1-2% fee. you can find a list of such services (and their official threads) here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2439910.0

Thank you but i think it would be better to have a company with a good track record as an escrow service provider and not individuals for this. What is your opinion ?
mmingos (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2020, 10:32:21 AM

BTADDRESS1 (CEO)
BTADDRESS2 (SHAREHOLDER)

BTADRESS2  will be left with 0.88 at the end of the deal and the smart contract finishes
Let me try if I get it correct. Since you are going to use escrow and the new flow will be like this:

BTADDRESS1 (CEO)
ESCROW address
BTADDRESS2 (SHAREHOLDER)

If BTADDRESS1 sends to ESCROW address 1 bitcoin
ESCROW address moves  to BTADDERSS3 0.12 bitcoin
ESCROW address moves 0.88 btc to BTADRESS2 at the end of the deal and the smart contract finishes

Did I get it correct?

Correct! Perfectly explained. So the whole point here is to have an escrow provider that has a good track record and i think its better if it is a company that handles this with proven track record. Because the escrow provider fully controlls the bitcoins that are being deposited and can just vanish and go
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 10:40:55 AM

i would have recommended DarkStar_ but his escrow service is currently paused. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2724325.msg53556814#msg53556814

Thank you but i think it would be better to have a company with a good track record as an escrow service provider and not individuals for this. What is your opinion ?

the escrows listed in that thread are more reputable than any "company" you'll find. you can check their reputation and trading history by clicking on the "trust" page in their profile.

here is a list of escrow companies you can research---but i should reiterate that they are not very reputable and i do not recommend them: https://changelly.com/blog/best-bitcoin-escrow-services/

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 10:43:25 AM

Most of us here wouldn't use a third-party service as an escrow but if the intermediary is not from the forums, I'm pretty sure you'll find a hard time convincing him to use an escrow from here.

So an alternative, I suggest you check Bitrated. You will still be dealing with "other individuals" but most of them are known figures apparently.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 12:24:00 PM

If the amount is not much (i.e. < 10 BTC) then you can go with any name mentioned in that list without second thoughts. Most of the names in that last don't wanna ruin their reputation for the sake of 10 BTC or lower as their account and reputation worth much more than that. Just make sure to create public thread for your escrow deal on forum and not deal via PM.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
January 16, 2020, 04:12:22 PM

I quite understand your position of wanting to use a company because it might show some legality or provide more validity for the sake you want it but I must tell you, except the company you are able to find out is located in your country of residence and they can be verified, you are likely to be scammed because any company on the internet in crypto can scam and go away with it since they cannot be traced or they are in a different location from yours.

However, using individuals that have proven themselves to be people of impeccable character, you are certain to a large extent that your funds is safe and they would deliver on their words without too much bottlenecks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: