Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 07:35:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best and easiest coins to mine in 2020  (Read 549 times)
tryingluck77 (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2020, 09:48:38 PM

I'm building a solar array of 1.5 MW and would like to mine cryptocurrency with the electricity I generate. What are the best miners to buy and the best coins to mine in 2020? And why are they the best?
ZombieWorm

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 19, 2020, 10:59:35 PM

If you mine anything under your consumption budget (free energy) then most tokens will be good. Best is interpretation. DYOR. Stick with something that will last beyond the next year, but if you want profits then cashing out at the right time is king. Dont be greedy.
Adrian SS

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 20, 2020, 09:38:23 AM

If you don't want to put a lot of money into mining equipment, then search for coins that are ASIC resistent like Monero, Vertcoin, etc.

Buy 1-2 rigs in the beginning and then with the profit you'll make, add more with time. Since you will have free electricity you make profit on most of the coins you'll mine, like ZombieWorm said. Reinvest your profit until you are pleased with how much money you earn per month selling what you mine.

This is the approach I would try if I had free electricity.
tryingluck77 (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2020, 09:42:02 AM

I can invest around 100k+ on equipments or hardware which are related to mining + free electricity I have

Then which coin is best to mine
Adrian SS

View Profile
January 20, 2020, 10:46:46 AM

I can invest around 100k+ on equipments or hardware which are related to mining + free electricity I have

Well,.. with $100K you can buy 122 Antminers T17 which will give you ~61000 Th/s.
With free energy this can be translated into $905/day acording to whattomine.com at current Bitcoin price of $8650.

Keep in mind that Bitcoin halving is near and this will translate into half of that after May 2020.

Since the halving is near, you can look at coins that already had it's halving i.e. Litecoin.

tryingluck77 (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2020, 11:43:05 AM

Well,.. with $100K you can buy 122 Antminers T17 which will give you ~61000 Th/s.
With free energy this can be translated into $905/day acording to whattomine.com at current Bitcoin price of $8650.

Keep in mind that Bitcoin halving is near and this will translate into half of that after May 2020.

Since the halving is near, you can look at coins that already had it's halving i.e. Litecoin.

What is halving? and how it works?
tryingluck77 (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2020, 12:18:44 PM

Also if I mine ETH for $100k investing in Rigs and Cards which would then mine only ETH how much per day I can earn in terms of dollars.
deadsix

Activity: 751
Merit: 517

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

View Profile
January 20, 2020, 02:06:23 PM

Also if I mine ETH for $100k investing in Rigs and Cards which would then mine only ETH how much per day I can earn in terms of dollars.

Familiarise yourself with Whattomine for all profitability based calculations.
Look to buy our large farms which would be getting rid of GPU's for dirt cheap, do not buy new.
Do not buy 4GB GPU's anymore, ETH DAG would cross 4GB later this year and they will become useless for mining.

And lastly do not be lazy, do your own research, do not expect someone to do the calculations for you. If you get stuck somewhere, ask in the forums and people will be willing to help.
But ask for help with some data at hand that shows us that you have done your research and are truly in need of help.

Ethereum/Zcash/Monero Mining Bangalore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703592
0xcosmos

Activity: 585
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 20, 2020, 07:53:51 PM

block reward halving
it is an automatic process
right now for every block 12.5 btc is rewarded to the block finder
after the halving 6.25 btc will be rewarded to the block finder which will happen at block 630000
thus reducing the total generating of the coins and hopefully increase in price
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723

View Profile
January 20, 2020, 09:00:06 PM
Merited by nc50lc (2)

Are the solar arrays already built or are you going to build them for the sole purpose of mining? If so it might not be cost effective.

Solar arrays depending on area and what rebates the government entitles you too, are very expensive. You also need to buy the actual hardware to mine.

I think the best for you would be to buy some cheap $100 used second hand RX 470 8GB GPUs and you can mine ETH with it. However currently they only earn something like $0.35 per day per GPU. So if you buy 100 of these GPUs you will only make $35 per day.

100 of these GPUs will be $10K alone, plus you will need another 20 or so motherboards, PSU, cpus, etc. So add in another $5K at least. So that is $15K+ alone just on the hardware. Plus the solar array won't be cheap either.

Just understand that mining in 2020 is not a get rich quick business anymore.

███████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▀█▀████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████▀▀██████
████▀▀▀█████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄███████
█████████████████▄▄▄████
█████████████████▀█████
████████████▀██▀████████
████████████████████████
███████████▄▄█████▄▄█████

███████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████▀▀▀
▀▄
▌░░▐▌
█████▄▄█
████████▄
████████▌
███████
███████
██████
██████
█████
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..Play Now..
[
tryingluck77 (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2020, 09:17:33 PM

Are the solar arrays already built or are you going to build them for the sole purpose of mining? If so it might not be cost effective.

Solar arrays depending on area and what rebates the government entitles you too, are very expensive. You also need to buy the actual hardware to mine.

I think the best for you would be to buy some cheap $100 used second hand RX 470 8GB GPUs and you can mine ETH with it. However currently they only earn something like $0.35 per day per GPU. So if you buy 100 of these GPUs you will only make $35 per day.

100 of these GPUs will be $10K alone, plus you will need another 20 or so motherboards, PSU, cpus, etc. So add in another $5K at least. So that is $15K+ alone just on the hardware. Plus the solar array won't be cheap either.

so trading is better or masternodes for POS coins?
Adrian SS

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 06:54:02 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2020, 07:10:21 AM by Adrian SS

0xcosmos already answered you (missed his reply).

Of course you can mine ethereum, but note that ETH will move to PoS (at least this is what they hope) and you won't be able to PoW mine Ethereum anymore. As a backup you should look after some other GPU mineable coins that are worth mining.

EDIT

Like adaseb said mining is not that profitable if you put your money in the solar array and mining equipment. It will take years to recover your investment.

As an alternative, you can buy and hold Bitcoin - since the price will only increase with time.
Or if you want to have a weekly/monthly income, you can buy 1 or 2 Dash masternodes. (I don't know how much the 1.5 solar array costs but I assume is a lot of money, that's why I said 2 Dash masternodes).

Tip: These 2 alternatives will give you less headaches.
tryingluck77 (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 09:12:10 AM

[/quote]

Of course you can mine ethereum, but note that ETH will move to PoS (at least this is what they hope) and you won't be able to PoW mine Ethereum anymore. As a backup you should look after some other GPU mineable coins that are worth mining.

As an alternative, you can buy and hold Bitcoin - since the price will only increase with time.
Or if you want to have a weekly/monthly income, you can buy 1 or 2 Dash masternodes. (I don't know how much the 1.5 solar array costs but I assume is a lot of money, that's why I said 2 Dash masternodes).

Tip: These 2 alternatives will give you less headaches.

[/quote]

Which GPU coins are worth mining other than ETH now?

How much investment it needs for 1 dash masternode and how much return per month it can give?
Adrian SS

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 11:27:43 AM

How much investment it needs for 1 dash masternode and how much return per month it can give?

There are a lot of GPU mineable coins, you will need to look for the ones which are ASIC resistant so you won't be forced to compete with ASICs when mining with GPUs. If I had some mining rigs I would mine Monero, maybe some ZCash too.

Regarding Dash: 1 Dash masternode is, at current price, $112K and it will bring you $624 / month according to https://masternodes.online/currencies/DASH/
tryingluck77 (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 02:52:42 PM

There are a lot of GPU mineable coins, you will need to look for the ones which are ASIC resistant so you won't be forced to compete with ASICs when mining with GPUs. If I had some mining rigs I would mine Monero, maybe some ZCash too.

Regarding Dash: 1 Dash masternode is, at current price, $112K and it will bring you $624 / month according to https://masternodes.online/currencies/DASH/

is it the best masternode to invest or dash is most stable in terms of price?

or there are others where returns are more?
Herry Toms

Activity: 236

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 08:22:37 PM

You can try mining monero with XMR-STAK-RX it is still a good coin to mine until supply didn't come to an end.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 09:54:11 PM

Yes and no.

Basically of course trading can make much more profit however you will most likely 99% lose money if you try trading. Unless you just plan on buying BTC and holding it for a few years. But day to day trading is very difficult, especially on margin or leverage and about 99% of all crypto day traders lose money.

Masternodes I wouldn't do either because the issue is that you need to own the underlying coin. You need to own alot of the coin and sure you make some money with the masternodes but keep in mind that the value of the masternode coin can drop with respect to bitcoin or fiat.

There is basically no such thing as a free lunch. Most people who started to mine in Q2 2018 or later haven't made any good profits. 2009-2017 were the most profitable years.

███████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▀█▀████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████▀▀██████
████▀▀▀█████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄███████
█████████████████▄▄▄████
█████████████████▀█████
████████████▀██▀████████
████████████████████████
███████████▄▄█████▄▄█████

███████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████▀▀▀
▀▄
▌░░▐▌
█████▄▄█
████████▄
████████▌
███████
███████
██████
██████
█████
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..Play Now..
[
tryingluck77 (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 10:06:04 PM

Yes and no.

Basically of course trading can make much more profit however you will most likely 99% lose money if you try trading. Unless you just plan on buying BTC and holding it for a few years. But day to day trading is very difficult, especially on margin or leverage and about 99% of all crypto day traders lose money.

Masternodes I wouldn't do either because the issue is that you need to own the underlying coin. You need to own alot of the coin and sure you make some money with the masternodes but keep in mind that the value of the masternode coin can drop with respect to bitcoin or fiat.

There is basically no such thing as a free lunch. Most people who started to mine in Q2 2018 or later haven't made any good profits. 2009-2017 were the most profitable years.

Seems like a insider info
Bohr256

Activity: 77

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 12:13:55 AM

It's more about doing your homework, and by the looks of it you haven't. Stay away from anything that big, and just keep your money, else you'll be walking with empty pockets in no time.
cryptied

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 12:28:14 AM

I'm building a solar array of 1.5 MW and would like to mine cryptocurrency with the electricity I generate. What are the best miners to buy and the best coins to mine in 2020? And why are they the best?

Although it may sound like it, it's not exactly ecology-friendly. Cheesy But I wish you luck anyway!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: