Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:26:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Full Bitcoin node in Tesla? It is possible!  (Read 197 times)
Blocktoq (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2020, 07:57:42 AM

Crypto enthusiasts proved a long time ago, that their creativity knows no bounds. After a lot of exclusive gadgets, it’s time for a car that is able to fully support the Bitcoin network. Can cars be the future of cryptocurrencies and an alternative to expensive equipment...

Read full article: https://blocktoq.com/crypto-news/full-bitcoin-node-in-tesla-it-is-possible/
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blckhawk

Activity: 1498
Merit: 327

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 09:37:00 AM

Even if it is possible, it doesn't make any sense. Why run a full node on a moving vehicle in the first place? You're fixing a thing that isn't even a problem. Running a full node requires constant connection. The processing power a tesla's chipset has, is more efficient to use in automated driving that running a node. If you want to run a node, buy a dedicated ASIC and run your own rig at your home. There's no advantage putting it in a car.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 11:06:52 AM

I mean, Teslas by default comes with a touch screen computer. Should we really be surprised that this is possible? Not to mention that I don't get why you need a full node on your car in the first place. Perhaps pulling out your phone(with Electrum installed) from your pocket is probably more practical? 🤷

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2020, 11:07:33 AM

Tesla cars are a hot topic, so some unknown crypto news sites try to get traffic from showing such news.
These cars have a problem with the storage memory, so downloading about 200 GB will be a waste of time, in addition to not having to manage a full node wallet (you can use it with SPV wallets or without download full Blockcahin.

Again, the news is to get more views.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Buff Mage

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 03:04:33 PM

Re: Full Bitcoin node in Tesla? It is possible!

Full Bitcoin node and quantum cloud computing in Tesla.

Buff Mage

@elonmusk
 Bitcoin is *not* my safe word

Founder, CEO, Lead Designer of SpaceX
CEO, Product Architect of Tesla, Inc.
Co-founder of Neuralink
Founder of The Boring Company
Co-founder of Zip2
Founder of X.com (now PayPal)
Co-founder of OpenAI
Chairman of SolarCity

Why not
Chairman of Mega Qubit Quantum

Is he developing a quantum computer?
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 03:30:58 PM

I'm never surprised when someone runs some software on some hardware that might not be directly suitable for it - after all, it's just programming. People run Doom on microwaves or whatever, so running Bitcoin on a quite advanced computer of a car isn't some remarkable achievement. Plus, it doesn't sound very practical, why not run your own node at home on something like Raspberry Pi and connect to it over the internet with your phone when you go outside?

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2020, 03:46:00 PM

Tesla cars are a hot topic, so some unknown crypto news sites try to get traffic from showing such news.
These cars have a problem with the storage memory, so downloading about 200 GB will be a waste of time, in addition to not having to manage a full node wallet (you can use it with SPV wallets or without download full Blockcahin.

Again, the news is to get more views.

In reality it isn't much different from using your raspberry pi in a car, and that might actually be better than hacking the infotainment system. I know that in the Model S this is separate from the basic car functions and this might also be true in the model 3. But remember the model 3 only has one single screen for everything, the driver needs this to be working at all times without glitches.

Of course as with running on any embedded device with flash storage, perhaps a "full node" doesn't make any sense. I also don't know if the Tesla can use wifi, i know it uses mobile data. There is also a secondary (hidden) mobile data link the company uses for telemetry, which is probably not in the infotainment side.

If the infotainment can use wifi, the 250+gb download isn't an issue, but it should be trimmed just like you would in a raspi. Forget full nodes, and using rotating drives in a car isn't a good idea and i doubt spending in a 500gb thumb/sd/ssd is worth it, just leave the full node running in your home.

Then again you will not notice much advantage in running a node in your car's infotainment system. Its cool but meh.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 04:05:36 PM

That's a very interesting though. If every electric car in the world would run a bitcoin full node we would have an incredible powerful dynamic decentralized network. We could actually create a mesh network upon that. EWlon Musk has showed his interest in the blockchain and cryptocurrencies industry through his many controversial tweets & for me it wouldn't be a big surprise if we would actually implement the ability to host nodes or at least integrated wallets. How comfy would it be to make payments from your Tesla touchscreen while on the go instead of using your phone which is mostly illegal?
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2020, 04:54:12 PM

That's a very interesting though. If every electric car in the world would run a bitcoin full node we would have an incredible powerful dynamic decentralized network. We could actually create a mesh network upon that. EWlon Musk has showed his interest in the blockchain and cryptocurrencies industry through his many controversial tweets & for me it wouldn't be a big surprise if we would actually implement the ability to host nodes or at least integrated wallets. How comfy would it be to make payments from your Tesla touchscreen while on the go instead of using your phone which is mostly illegal?

Yes if they did the mesh as you mention, which Tesla's do not, they use old fashioned mobile data.

If someone were to take open mesh nodes and combine them with bitcoin nodes, this would be true. Only problem is i don't think wifi works very well while in motion (to each other), parked cars on the other hand...

To make payments you don't need to be running nodes, just put Electrum or similar light wallet. The infotainment is little more than a glorified tablet stuck in the dashboard. Your idea is great but its much easier to just add a raspi or similar device and leave the infotainment alone. Plus you could place it on any car/bus etc. Now you could install a wallet to the infotainment (its Ubuntu in some ARM IIRC) but i'm not sure of the convenience of it. The rear camera could be used to read qrcodes, say at the parking wall (reverse parking).

If Elon gave permission things could go very smoothly.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 04:21:48 AM

Crypto enthusiasts proved a long time ago, that their creativity knows no bounds. After a lot of exclusive gadgets, it’s time for a car that is able to fully support the Bitcoin network. Can cars be the future of cryptocurrencies and an alternative to expensive equipment...

Read full article: https://blocktoq.com/crypto-news/full-bitcoin-node-in-tesla-it-is-possible/

While it's probably not impossible, but why do we need to run a bitcoin node on a moving car? I mean, I am trying to understand the requirement of it. It's not always good to do things which are not required. I mean, I can slap a random stranger on street, but why would I do that? What's the justification of it? Even if it is not impossible, it's not practical!

We have easier options available and I see hatshepsut93 has given the most practical solution if you need full visibility of your bitcoin node while driving. Use raspberry pi to set up a bitcoin node at home and monitor through your smartphone. That makes sense and probably the cheapest option.

Deferential

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 04:27:21 AM

The number of independent nodes is a vital part of keeping the BTC network healthy, so this news is welcomed. If many electric cars in the world would run a bitcoin full node we would have an incredible powerful dynamic decentralized network.
puertorikosena

Activity: 742
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 11:07:29 AM

This is another advantage of cryptocurrencies over all other currencies. Now in the digital age, you can mine cryptocurrency using your phone or car. Only in the case of bitcoin does this make no sense. There are many other cryptocurrencies for this.
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 12:09:34 PM

I think that it was just a hypothetical statement made for arguments sake, demonstrating and flexing the computing power and technical capabilities that the Tesla is capable of. I don't think it would be wise to do so, but if you really wanted to, you could if you fancied it. I think it was really more or so a hat tip in the direction of Bitcoin, an acknowledgement if anything, plus a little bit of healthy promotion for both parties.

50 Cent

Activity: 519
Merit: 197

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 12:38:02 PM

Maybe possible. I see this on twitter https://twitter.com/Bcoin/status/1217848433559703552
You can try this https://bcoin.io/browser/ select main-prune or main-spv
Warning: this will use a lot of your bandwidth, cpu, and potentially disk space

I try Running out full node on my browser right now.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: