Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:36:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Coinbase Vault query! - delayed for 24 hours  (Read 331 times)
mersal (OP)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 04:33:18 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2020, 06:36:05 PM by mersal

I lost access to email address which is needed to approve my transactions for vault withdrawals.I still have access to email which is the email used to create coinbase account I just lost the secondary approver email.I already contacted support team but is there any possibility to change approver email by myself to new one?

Edit:

Update : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5219565.msg55548571#msg55548571
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6150

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 04:47:56 PM

You can delete the vault and create a new one but If you have funds in your vault, then it's not possible to do it on your own, you'll have to wait for the support's response.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Loganota

Activity: 1778
Merit: 882

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 04:48:29 PM

Well, I did a search here on Google and found some posts on reddit with people who had the same problem as you. Apparently, the only way to change the secondary email is through coinbase support, unfortunately.

Source:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CoinBase/comments/72laws/changing_vault_secondary_email/
https://www.reddit.com/r/CoinBase/comments/7kmq2y/lost_access_to_secondary_email_for_vault/
https://www.reddit.com/r/CoinBase/comments/84io0f/lost_access_to_my_vault_due_to_the_secondary/
ryzaadit
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1229

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 04:59:54 PM

but is there any possibility to change approver email by myself to new one?
Nah, relating about changing information like missing/don't have access to the old email you cant change by your self it's about security & fund. You can check at "account dashboard" if you want to change the primary email, coinbase still need to get a confirmation from the old email. If you don't have access to the email, coinbase will ask you to do "verification id" to change the email. I believe the problem you are facing right now, similar to this so probably they will ask you to do verification id to changing the 2nd email verification for your vault.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
mersal (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 06:54:17 PM

Well, I did a search here on Google and found some posts on reddit with people who had the same problem as you. Apparently, the only way to change the secondary email is through coinbase support, unfortunately.

Source:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CoinBase/comments/72laws/changing_vault_secondary_email/
https://www.reddit.com/r/CoinBase/comments/7kmq2y/lost_access_to_secondary_email_for_vault/
https://www.reddit.com/r/CoinBase/comments/84io0f/lost_access_to_my_vault_due_to_the_secondary/
Thanks for this,I will wait until their customer support response.And will update what is the status of my issue and Thank God it only about 2 hundred bucks not much though.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 07:58:13 PM

Like they said account related concerns like this one needs to have Coinbase's Support team assisting you. Unfortunately Coinbase is known to have slow customer service on issues with regards to their customers' accounts. Calling their customer hotline isn't even an option as based from what I am hearing calls are even worst compared to their email support, that "high priority" in them would mean nothing as it will take ages for them to respond. @OP maybe you can update us about your situation if it is solve already or if there will be any further delays with your email reset/recovery, I'm also curious to see how their customer support runs things with regards to problems like this one.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
January 21, 2020, 08:09:57 PM

Like they said account related concerns like this one needs to have Coinbase's Support team on assisting you. Unfortunately Coinbase is known to have slow customer service on issues with regards to their customers' accounts.

Maybe before but I can say things have changed now and they are responding well. I have a problem with the phone number query recently but they able to keep in touch with me right away I send them a ticket. Don't take that slow customer response in general as I think it was on case-to-case basis.

Let's see how long OP will wait for a response. I like to know too what's the step involved with this for future reference.

OP, you might want to move your thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=223.0
mersal (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 03:56:06 PM

24 hours still no response,hooe I will get response fron support team sooner. Smiley

As oer the suggestion topic has moved to exchanges section.
Theb

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 09:49:27 PM

24 hours still no response,hooe I will get response fron support team sooner. Smiley

You might not be getting the same treatment as goinmerry had as either it might be a case to case basis or goinmerry just got lucky during his experience with Coinbase's support . Maybe you can still wait for another 24 hours before following them up with another email or if you really are desperate you can try calling their customer support hotline just make sure you give them your ticket number to help you right away. @goinmerry what exactly was your issue about? Is it similar to mersal's concern?

▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
               ████▄             ▄████
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
mersal (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 02:02:44 PM

You might not be getting the same treatment as goinmerry had as either it might be a case to case basis or goinmerry just got lucky during his experience with Coinbase's support . Maybe you can still wait for another 24 hours before following them up with another email or if you really are desperate you can try calling their customer support hotline just make sure you give them your ticket number to help you right away. @goinmerry what exactly was your issue about? Is it similar to mersal's concern?
I will wait three to four days even to get their response,if I didn't then I will send an email again.Contacting them via won't make anything quicker based on other users experience you may have to wait for 30 to 40 minutes which will cost a lot for international call.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2870
Merit: 772

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 02:23:47 PM

I will wait three to four days even to get their response,if I didn't then I will send an email again.Contacting them via won't make anything quicker based on other users experience you may have to wait for 30 to 40 minutes which will cost a lot for international call.
Have you tried on reaching them thru other mediums?

https://www.facebook.com/Coinbase
https://twitter.com/coinbase

Back in the past where i do have problems or issues with Coinbase but their support response only took for few hours.
Just have patience and wait for their reply.Im not really that familiar with their vault.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Theb

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 04:38:42 PM

Back in the past where i do have problems or issues with Coinbase but their support response only took for few hours.
Just have patience and wait for their reply.Im not really that familiar with their vault.

^ Surprisingly this is true, they are more responsive in their social media pages especially in their subreddit page compared to their actual customer support. Every time a Redditor will be complaining in their subreddit you will always see customer support commenting in their threads with their dedicated emails. It might be because they are trying to protect their image to the general public and they are trying to prevent any further damage on their reputation. Mersal you can try this as well,  and I think they'll be more responsive as each customer support in Reddit has their own email addy. 

▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
               ████▄             ▄████
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
mersal (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 05:11:04 PM

Not tried yet,But I will reach on other contact medium if there is no response for too long.I didn't take too much effort to resolve this issue since the amount is not too high.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2977

:( My PC broke due trying to recover an old wallet

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2020, 09:41:53 PM

I have the same problem before but I tried to contact coinbase and they said that the transfer of my bitcoin from vault won't be able to process without access to secondary email and they said there's no way to recover them. I'm glad that it's just a small amount until then I stop using them.

I don't know if you can recover the secondary email but since they always require KYC maybe this time they can fix your issue to provide KYC.

Try to contact them at any of these emails below.

- help@coinbase.com
- contact@coinbase.com
- wallet.support@coinbase.com
- wallet.devs@coinbase.com

Any of these contact emails have different support so it might help if you report your issue to all of these emails to increase your chance to get a response.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2870
Merit: 772

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 09:58:05 PM

^ Surprisingly this is true, they are more responsive in their social media pages especially in their subreddit page compared to their actual customer support. Every time a Redditor will be complaining in their subreddit you will always see customer support commenting in their threads with their dedicated emails. It might be because they are trying to protect their image to the general public and they are trying to prevent any further damage on their reputation. Mersal you can try this as well,  and I think they'll be more responsive as each customer support in Reddit has their own email addy. 
Yeah i agree to this one and speaking of Reddit support then reaching out to this dude will be helpful. https://www.reddit.com/user/justin_coinbase

Majority of old or veteran member here knows about Coinbase reputation, there might be delay on support responsiveness but in the end of the day

they would able to resolve it out.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
mersal (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2020, 02:07:04 PM

Nothing to update,still no response from their support team. Sad

But I noticed something the approver email has meen mentioned as (d*******) But I swear it doesn't starts with d.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2977

:( My PC broke due trying to recover an old wallet

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2020, 11:59:08 PM

But I noticed something the approver email has meen mentioned as (d*******) But I swear it doesn't starts with d.
Did you tried to email them the list of emails posted by me above?

It is the same as my old problem that I didn't know exactly what my secondary email is.
Maybe you totally forgot your exact email?

In my case, Coinbase always ignores my message until I stop using them. Never been solved until I got the exact email found from my old laptop.

I tried to search it before with the same issue but no one success to recover their funds from the vault.
Like this one.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mersal (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2020, 03:25:08 PM

Did you tried to email them the list of emails posted by me above?

It is the same as my old problem that I didn't know exactly what my secondary email is.
Maybe you totally forgot your exact email?

In my case, Coinbase always ignores my message until I stop using them. Never been solved until I got the exact email found from my old laptop.

I tried to search it before with the same issue but no one success to recover their funds from the vault.
Like this one.
Just now messaging to all those email and let's see what will be their response.

I am sure than it doesn't start with d**** so why they are having issues like this?

I don't care about if I am never going to recover it but this is another warning sign for crypto users why we shouldn't trust centralized services.
mersal (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2020, 03:50:54 PM

More than a week still there is no response from the support of coinbase.Even I did messaged all those emails mentioned above they have same kind of response for everyone in these days or Am I alone here?
LeGaulois
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 4095

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile
January 30, 2020, 09:50:17 PM

The customer support is famous to be inefficient at Coinbase. When you don't receive a reply you received an automated reply (sometimes out of context) telling exactly what can already be found in the FAQs. I would rather start to post on Reddit to have at least a human reading, it will take less time to resolve your problem instead of to email wallet.devs @coinbase.com

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████