Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:46:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin value starts with people's attention? or with its technology?  (Read 494 times)
RapTarX

Activity: 1358
Merit: 850

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 02:01:55 PM

The very first mass use of bitcoin was probably on Silk Road, a drug dealing marketplace. People used BTC there because of its technology; pseudonymous nature of bitcoin. It has created a lot of attention which later have turned the price higher and higher; got more attention.
Now BTC is popular for both. We have a lot of places to spend BTC. It's technology is developing consistently.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
julius caesar

Activity: 644
Merit: 127

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 02:07:05 PM

Its price increases because of the innovation that is happening and also the peoples attention. We all know that some people wants to have a faster transaction and bitcoin is being able to provide it to its consumer. Plus the fact that you can earn by just simple doing some trading. When the consumer supports it, there is a higher chance that it will have a huge impact to the current price of bitcoin.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2020, 02:10:10 PM

Bitcoin's value lies in the large number of copies of its decentralised ledgers. Because of this, it is the only crypto that is not vulnerable to a 51% attack. It is a real store of value that is independent of other asset classes, and it is the only crypto that offers this with real security from outside intervention.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Danne87

Activity: 43
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 02:14:51 PM
Merited by TimeTeller (1)

Is Bitcoin really a such innovative thing that can change people's lives significantly in the future?

I think we still live fine without having Bitcoin being actively used in our real lives.

Oh well... In terms of transparency, i can take on Bitcoin's technology.

But which one is it that raised its value so much though?

Technology or People's attention?

Is the myth of transparency relevant? Unlike the fiat, here you can easily track the complete history of coin movements and what happened to them, everything is transparent

They have advantages. For example, taxes from the government. Tool for against corruption and successful implementation for business

Technology or People's attention? Both. But mainly people and the economic situation in the world
rodskee

Activity: 2366
Merit: 191

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 02:21:19 PM

I think we still live fine without having Bitcoin being actively used in our real lives.
but our lives will be more functional and related if we are using Bitcoin right?because this is the Money of tomorrow mate and we must be ready now as we are nearing the pure computer technology.
but this is where we are now,technological world mate so better be On bitcoin now.

Both mate it is Peoples attention and also the technology behind this currency ,because without technology people wont use Bitcoin and same as without bitcoin there are no peoples attention.

tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2020, 02:25:35 PM

It's surely the attention and hype. Bitcoin would not be as much priced if it were just for it's use. With it's limited supply it's a good asset to store.
Most of the people actually came to know about it as a good investment option rather than a good technology.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Aying

Activity: 784
Merit: 251

https://raiser.network

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 02:27:20 PM

People's attention is a big help for bitcoin price. how? because of peoples curiosity they seeking the information and search bitcoin. with bitcoin there are few people life change, they can earn money without going out in the house, they can spend more time in the family. with technology of bitcoin they can earn extra income to support they needs. with this new technology, every persons hard life has helped it somehow.

Watch out for this SPACE!
Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1858

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 02:32:26 PM
Merited by RapTarX (2)

The very first mass use of bitcoin was probably on Silk Road, a drug dealing marketplace. People used BTC there because of its technology; pseudonymous nature of bitcoin. It has created a lot of attention which later have turned the price higher and higher; got more attention.
Now BTC is popular for both. We have a lot of places to spend BTC. It's technology is developing consistently.

Please know that Silk Road =/= drug marketplace. I don't know, but I tend to feel that it is a bit unfair equating Silk Road with illegal drugs. Silk Road = free marketplace. And the free here is the free in its true sense. It is not the free that we know in our society nowadays where restrictions are found everywhere. The tendency with a free market is that there are goods and services sold and bought that are considered illegal outside. And that's probably the reason why it was operating as a black market in the deep web using TOR.

That market was perhaps the earliest and biggest market where Bitcoin is the primary currency. And Bitcoin thrived there due to its technological design. So, I guess it is technology that really comes first before people are attracted to it. But of course Bitcoin's technological features were already discovered and known even before Silk Road came into being.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
sovie

Activity: 1274
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 02:41:17 PM

Is Bitcoin really a such innovative thing that can change people's lives significantly in the future?

anything thats innovative, new and can help community in over coming existent problems will always catch people attention and that's the same case with bitcoin also. its backed by technology and is making peer to peer transfer of value a reality.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
Kahan848

Activity: 23
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 03:54:19 PM

Of course it starts with technology but it's got no use without people. These are too abstract and vague questions to ask tbh
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 04:07:29 PM

Myself just have two factor to answer your question here.

One factor bitcoin can be made as an investment place because its volatility price. There are a lot of people come to buy bitcoin with an easy way, we don't need a lot of requirements to start investing.

Second factor it just because the technology that being used by many people now. As you know,  a lot of people just use their smartphone to make a transaction and we don't need to take a lot of money in our pocket and now the people can be use bitcoin to do it.These factors can be made as a reason to change its price. Simply, people's attention and also its technology that make bitcoin has a value.
huige007

Activity: 887
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 05:01:37 PM

I think the people's attention that came from fast growing of bitcoin price (especially the 2017 bull run), is the most important reason for bitcoin value today. Blockchain is a great tech but Bitcoin is not ready for mass adoption. I would argue that Bitcoin will need to scale faster to accommodate a large increase in users. The fees and confirmation times aren't too horrendous right now but it could get much worse again in future. Segwit needs to have higher adoption and lightning network needs to be implemented widely.
Its value is moving up due to its vast and powerful technology and the multiple benefits that it offers and the wide range of security that it provide is attracting people’s attention toward it. For me both the factors are contributing in increasing its value. Blockchain that act as a back-power for this technology is making it more attractive due to which more and more investors are coming forward to join this market.
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 05:02:27 PM

Not significantly, but Bitcoin can be a hero when people faced crisis.

Yes of course, because Bitcoin designed as an alternative.

You have a good choice.

People attention bring mass adoption which means more demands, as we know Bitcoin supply is limited, supply < demands = high value. There must be a reason why people are interested in bitcoin, of course the ecosystem, because Bitcoin technology is very innovative.
Greatchu

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 05:14:32 PM

I think both is the right answer, bitcoin have something new to offer and that's what makes it favourable to people and yet many are still against the technology but fortunately things get healed over time, every year bitcoin keeps winning the heart of many

tungaqhd

Activity: 1540
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 05:29:35 PM

Bitcoin value started with its technology because Blockchain is something new and potential, then it grown by people's attention after the pump in 2017.
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2020, 05:41:56 PM

I think both.  Cheesy

Bitcoin has different advantages in different aspects so I can say it's a very interesting asset in the future. The technology behind it which is blockchain technology also has a great effect on society once it's used and implemented in different categories development.

We knew the potential of BTC and blockchain is very huge so I wouldn't doubt if we will use it as a tool for modernization of the world.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
January 22, 2020, 06:36:56 PM

This is true, you can easily live your life without ever touching Bitcoin, and it's not as impactful as not having the Internet or smartphone or other invention, but this doesn't mean that Bitcoin is useless. Some things aren't widely popular, but still have people who find them very useful - think about something like the Tor browser, which has tiny share of all browsers, but is immeasurably valuable to those who need privacy.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
oktana

Activity: 1596
Merit: 281

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2020, 10:29:18 PM

The thing that increases the value of bitcoin is inseparable from the two, there is one addition where controversy which always leads to useful use can also be a reference.

talking about the future, bitcoin can answer it as a potential digital asset. If the next generation understands this technology, it will certainly be very significant. Will Fiat be okay in the future? only future generations can answer that.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
blckhawk

Activity: 1498
Merit: 327

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 02:32:19 AM

It is the technology that gave it the people's attention. A more comparable and proper term of what I think you want to portrait is "Is it the technology or just people's hype?".

The fact that you could transact on large amounts, disregarding any limitations on location, and away from intermeidaries such as traditional banks, with their high amounts of fees especially on international transactions, makes Bitcoin a great alternative in sending funds with minimal fees, and directly conducted without monitoring and further investigation.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
topbitcoin

Activity: 1624
Merit: 689

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 03:08:54 AM

My apologize for people that maybe not agree with me, but bitcoin last pump i think really get hyped that is why people aware with it. And not because it's technology because after it, bitcoin price looks not get any support anymore except from it's early investor especially when it is dumped. Because if bitcoin technology keep developed and can attract people, it must be already staying in high price.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄