Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:43:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why does having a LinkedIn profile mean you're legit?  (Read 224 times)
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
January 24, 2020, 07:13:47 AM

I think it depends on whether linkdn verifies its users claims. I really never liked the "connection" method used on the internet in telling whether users  are honest or not. It probably would work in physical societies where breaking of law is taken seriously, because people will be careful not to connect with any kind of persons without knowing their histories or recent activities.

I think the verification thing would work best on decentralized networks where anonymity/privacy is taken seriously. For example, safe bots could be used to scan through and analyze someones activities on decentralized communities without violating the person privacy in any way. This can be used to determine the trustworthiness of such person. And it should be automated scanning and analyzing. No other person needs to know what the bots know about the person. Only the person's Trust scores or Reputation can be displayed on the his/her decentralized "LinkedIn" profile.
Negotiation

Activity: 1064
Merit: 267

Need a Helping hand? https://tinyurl.com/2p94uabm

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2020, 07:55:44 AM

I don't think having a LinkedIn profile means you are legitimate Because the stranger you don't know will never help you Their purpose is to be scammed. Social media is getting worse because of these scammers. These sites are easy to create but they cannot be trusted Replaces fake accounts and drives invalid routes That's why we need to be aware of our work.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: