Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 04:57:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Increasing Number, Who Own 1 bitcoin  (Read 1515 times)
tianglistrik

Activity: 626
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2020, 04:48:56 PM

I think this will have a good impact on bitcoin. with this fact proves that bitcoin enthusiasts are increasing. if bitcoin enthusiasts more and more of course this will make the demand for bitcoin also increase. and if the number of people who own bitcoin is increasing this can reduce the manipulation of bitcoin prices by the whales.
No doubt, Bitcoin’s popularity is a very positive news for all of us. Bitcoin users are increasing and this will increase the further price of it and make the Bitcoin more powerful. Coming to the point of whales their effect will reduce when the number of users will increase as they can manipulate the market because they are among the users having largest number of coins. When the number of users will increase this will make the market and its king “Bitcoin” more stable and secure.
an increase in users means that the volume also rises, therefore many new users have a positive impact. besides that the volume can grow also with the passing of market conditions, so this becomes really important. therefore we must continue to assist in the development of the use of bitcoin by people who still use the traditional transaction system.
Lauren Smith

Activity: 1050
Merit: 277

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2020, 05:56:45 PM

I think this will have a good impact on bitcoin. with this fact proves that bitcoin enthusiasts are increasing. if bitcoin enthusiasts more and more of course this will make the demand for bitcoin also increase. and if the number of people who own bitcoin is increasing this can reduce the manipulation of bitcoin prices by the whales.
No doubt, Bitcoin’s popularity is a very positive news for all of us. Bitcoin users are increasing and this will increase the further price of it and make the Bitcoin more powerful. Coming to the point of whales their effect will reduce when the number of users will increase as they can manipulate the market because they are among the users having largest number of coins. When the number of users will increase this will make the market and its king “Bitcoin” more stable and secure.
an increase in users means that the volume also rises, therefore many new users have a positive impact. besides that the volume can grow also with the passing of market conditions, so this becomes really important. therefore we must continue to assist in the development of the use of bitcoin by people who still use the traditional transaction system.

The volume won't grow it stops at 21 million and slowly slows down before then. You should know this. This is to make bitcoin more rare. Then when more people adopt it becomes even more are and split up into even more parts. I wonder if one day a single satoshi will have any significant value.  Cool

Asuspawer09 (OP)

Activity: 1666
Merit: 432

View Profile
January 31, 2020, 12:17:32 PM

Probably most of the time a lot of whales meant and trying to manipulate the market for a higher price so that they could earn a big amount of profit. For sure it is going to affect the market if they sell a big amount of bitcoin in the market dumping the market price a lot. I think overall this is a good thing helping the bitcoin when it comes to the market price, manipulation in the market price also affects the movement of the bitcoin which is not always a bad thing in the market. But we need to admit that this number or percentage is still a small number.

White Christmas

Activity: 882
Merit: 258

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 31, 2020, 12:46:52 PM

This is nice!! I don't really know but I'm sure they are mostly owned by exchange sites. On the other hand, it's really very positive if it's owned by exchanges because it shows that the exchange sites are increasing in number. In summary, bitcoin is getting more popular and we should be happy about that.
 Promote bitcoin; it's for "us"!!!
They are more likely really owned by exchangers sites? Probably yes there are some point that the exchangers are really owns a bitcoin because they are the one that we are exchanging. Those person who are owning a 1 bitcoin yet it is really hard to own a 1 of it because it really have a good and high value that very hard to obtained, so my speculations are those people or person that are holding 1 bitcoin are those investors who has a lot of bitcoin because they intend to buy and invest everyday on bitcoin. Yes bitcoin is going popular and famous nowadays so we really just need to continue to promote it even on the simplest way.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Debonaire217

Activity: 644
Merit: 364

In Code We Trust

View Profile
January 31, 2020, 01:02:11 PM

Knowing the fact that there are huge number of people who owns 1 Bitcoin now is quite boosting our mood to accumulate more and be part of the very first people who could achieve bitcoin at low market price. This might be considered as a race that everyone should part take, but to consider if this happens when most of the people will join the race, having 1 BTC will be even harder, thus, I think without people making a big hype about achieving 1 btc, we should take the lead and become those who will accumulate bitcoin as long as it is not too late.
Krislaw

Activity: 1204
Merit: 388

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2020, 01:10:05 PM

As of Jan. 14 we already have 784,000address that owns 1 bitcoin or more. The number is already had an 11% increase from 707,000 that is recorded a year ago. In 2015 has more than doubled. Most of the address came from exchanges and big player "whales" that usually hold a big amount of bitcoin.

For me, this is great news since bitcoin is influencing a lot of users, as the number increases meaning the community is already getting bigger surely when a lot of people invested in bitcoin it could easily increases the market price of the bitcoin because of the supply and demand thing.

In my experience, it is not easy to earn 1 bitcoin so I think most of them are investors.

What is your opinion about this? How does it affect bitcoin?

Yeah, good thing crypto is becoming popular but have we thought about it that what if some whales doesn't want to be tracked or look suspicious so that they can manipulate the market. It's very easy to set up a crypto wallet and most people always more than 1 wallet.

an increase in users means that the volume also rises, therefore many new users have a positive impact.
No. That's actually wrong because no volume can be made if they decide to hold and not trade. There's always a volume where there's a trade.
tread93

Activity: 1185
Merit: 539

View Profile
January 31, 2020, 02:59:06 PM

Somewhere i've heard that owning just 1 Bitcoin is equivalent to owning something like 5000 acres of land when compared to the finite 21 million coin supply and dividing by the 8 billion people on earth. Crazy!

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 31, 2020, 03:43:28 PM

It is very difficult to make assumptions regarding the data extracted from the wallets. Most of the individuals may be having more than one wallet (I myself have dozens of BTC wallets). Also, some of these wallets may belong to gambling sites, exchanges.etc. I would say that the only reliable information regarding Bitcoin ownership comes from the leaked Mt Gox data. Mt Gox had made KYC mandatory, so we can assume that the data is having a high level of accuracy. BTW, an user of this forum (rpietila) posted some stats a few years back. You can check them here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=316297.0
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
January 31, 2020, 04:13:25 PM

It is very difficult to make assumptions regarding the data extracted from the wallets. Most of the individuals may be having more than one wallet (I myself have dozens of BTC wallets). Also, some of these wallets may belong to gambling sites, exchanges.etc. I would say that the only reliable information regarding Bitcoin ownership comes from the leaked Mt Gox data. Mt Gox had made KYC mandatory, so we can assume that the data is having a high level of accuracy. BTW, an user of this forum (rpietila) posted some stats a few years back. You can check them here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=316297.0

That is something I am thinking as well, even though the statistics were right of the number of wallets that own 1 Bitcoin and more, there is a sure thing that 1 person owned multiple Bitcoin addresses from it, this is for security and personal reasons as well so we can not dig up why they had such enormous number of Bitcoin I also had other 2 Bitcoin Adress but I am currently sticking to one because I don't really have the number of Bitcoin to circulate it in multiple addresses,

Furthermore, this kind of thing is pretty normal back in the days when people are just mining and earning with faucets, and a lot of people that keep forgetting their wallet passphrase or password, but I don't know if multiplying your Bitcoin to a number of wallets can make an impact with its price.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 31, 2020, 04:53:11 PM

That is something I am thinking as well, even though the statistics were right of the number of wallets that own 1 Bitcoin and more, there is a sure thing that 1 person owned multiple Bitcoin addresses from it, this is for security and personal reasons as well so we can not dig up why they had such enormous number of Bitcoin I also had other 2 Bitcoin Adress but I am currently sticking to one because I don't really have the number of Bitcoin to circulate it in multiple addresses,

Furthermore, this kind of thing is pretty normal back in the days when people are just mining and earning with faucets, and a lot of people that keep forgetting their wallet passphrase or password, but I don't know if multiplying your Bitcoin to a number of wallets can make an impact with its price.

I got my first mBTC sometime in 2012, and ever since that date I have created dozens of Bitcoin wallets. I have/had accounts with dozens of cryptocurrency wallets and they alone should number ~20-25. On top of that, I had created a dozen or so wallets in Blockchain.info, before moving my coins elsewhere. It is hard to calculate, but my guess is that I may have created close to 100 Bitcoin wallets. As of now, I am storing my BTC in around a dozen different wallets (including exchange wallets, online wallets, hardware wallets and paper wallets).
atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2020, 12:13:45 PM

I got my first mBTC sometime in 2012, and ever since that date I have created dozens of Bitcoin wallets. I have/had accounts with dozens of cryptocurrency wallets and they alone should number ~20-25. On top of that, I had created a dozen or so wallets in Blockchain.info, before moving my coins elsewhere. It is hard to calculate, but my guess is that I may have created close to 100 Bitcoin wallets. As of now, I am storing my BTC in around a dozen different wallets (including exchange wallets, online wallets, hardware wallets and paper wallets).
Have you created such a large number of cryptocurrency wallets for security purposes or based on the technical requirements of your assets? Maybe I do not own a very large amount of bitcoin, but I have one hardware wallet, of which I am sure of security.
maydna

Activity: 2940
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
February 01, 2020, 12:36:29 PM

It is very difficult to make assumptions regarding the data extracted from the wallets. Most of the individuals may be having more than one wallet (I myself have dozens of BTC wallets).

Somehow, I think that it is true because many of us will not just use one wallet only. I am sure that people will create more than one wallet. We will keep our bitcoin to many wallets, so we don't keep the bitcoin in one wallet. We don't know people who have 1 bitcoin in their wallet because it is difficult to get the real data about who has own 1 bitcoin. We need to count on the wallet on every exchange, and I am sure that the exchanges will have more than a thousand of the user who will have more than one wallet too.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
February 01, 2020, 03:07:14 PM

That is quite a lot number of wallets pretty much is really for security purpose but I think there are some people that have forgotten some of that wallets password or passphrase to have that kind of number of wallets, Well the number of wallets was surely necessary to increase not just because the demands are increasing but people are just tending for security by creating multiple accounts, and yes that would include cold storage wallets.

Have you created such a large number of cryptocurrency wallets for security purposes or based on the technical requirements of your assets? Maybe I do not own a very large amount of bitcoin, but I have one hardware wallet, of which I am sure of security.

Why not stick to that hardware wallet and stop creating more online wallets, and well just like you, I don't own a large amount of BTC as well and I have created multiple wallets as well but right now I am sticking to one wallet that I think have good security I can trust.
Rosilito

Activity: 658
Merit: 274

Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.

View Profile
February 01, 2020, 04:22:36 PM

I really don't know why people always try to relate bitcoin with earn. Is it because the forum has a good earning system?
It is subtle word of saying to "acquire". Bitcoin indeed is valuable digital currency and owning a bit of it out of 18.16 million circulating supply (CMC stat) is a huge achievement concerning that it could go higher value if demands really that huge.

Thanks OP for this information. It's indeed a good news that many still believe in Bitcoin at all in spite of its volatility.
Agree, and no matter where we look at, people tend to relate bitcoin with earn, or more over what this man said to acquire (well both have the same meaning in the end). It is a good thing, imo, that most people are looking forward to reach such not ordinary goal for most of the individuals, as it indicates, how valuable really bitcoin is though. Besides, I bet that you're having the same long term goal, LittleMouse?

It is very difficult to make assumptions regarding the data extracted from the wallets. Most of the individuals may be having more than one wallet (I myself have dozens of BTC wallets).

Somehow, I think that it is true because many of us will not just use one wallet only. I am sure that people will create more than one wallet. We will keep our bitcoin to many wallets, so we don't keep the bitcoin in one wallet. We don't know people who have 1 bitcoin in their wallet because it is difficult to get the real data about who has own 1 bitcoin. We need to count on the wallet on every exchange, and I am sure that the exchanges will have more than a thousand of the user who will have more than one wallet too.
No matter what, or whatever it is, the point is, many people or the count of the addresses having 1 bitcoin is a good thing. It may not count to one individual, but the point that it earned 1 bitcoin is a good thing. Anyway, you guys are suspicious huh?
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
February 01, 2020, 04:46:20 PM

1 BTC is for long time holders at least they believe if they hold this amount, it will give them later a decent amount of cash. you won't lose if you just hold this amount of BTC when you are planning it to hold for long. that's a big number I doubt each one of those owners is still alive. maybe some of them are already dead now.

What are you saying! People own more than 1 btc and they are very much alive, so alive that they flip it every time to increase their holdings, i know 1 btc is a lot but is not an impossible thing the way you make it sound,
Mind you, not only long term holders have 1btc, there are people who short their btc all the time, i don't know where you get this idea from, it really is funny if you think this people who own 1btc are dead Cheesy
Maybe all the btc whales are also dead since they own more than 1btc Lips sealed

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Asuspawer09 (OP)

Activity: 1666
Merit: 432

View Profile
March 14, 2020, 01:48:17 AM

Update number of addresses who own 1bitcoin+ New ATH:

Source:
https://twitter.com/glassnodealerts/status/1237715216005201921

rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1321

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2020, 02:09:53 AM

Interesting to revisit here after a crash

Some people are trying to achieve at least 1 whole BTC in this crash, and I'm included, I'll not reach 1 BTC very soon, but I'm trying and today was a great day to buy
The idea of having a entire BTC is awesome, let's see if the market goes down again, you'll se that this number of people will grow again

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
March 14, 2020, 04:08:09 AM

It will be lot more easier for many who always want to own 1 btc to do so with this recent crash, am not surprise to to see the numbers increasing on the chart, crash like this always bring a golden opportunity for those who knows how to take advantage,
The is painful but it seem necessary to readjust the price, we can already see how the chart keep increasing in number of wallet that owns 1btc, more people are buying btc for long term no doubt.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Assface16678

Activity: 1386
Merit: 134

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 14, 2020, 04:58:42 AM

It will be lot more easier for many who always want to own 1 btc to do so with this recent crash, am not surprise to to see the numbers increasing on the chart, crash like this always bring a golden opportunity for those who knows how to take advantage,
The is painful but it seem necessary to readjust the price, we can already see how the chart keep increasing in number of wallet that owns 1btc, more people are buying btc for long term no doubt.

There are a lot of people today are holding a huge amount of the bitcoin because after it increase rapidly from the previous year of 2017 there are a lot of people seeing the potential of this coin to make more profit for the next coming year and some of them today are now collecting a huge amount of bitcoin, today we are facing towards to the future that all of the process today are made through online that we cannot now wait too much longer just to process the thing we need to pass. Also, there are a lot of countries today are now accepting the use of bitcoin as a payment and now not only in the stock market the people also make an investment to the cryptocurrency because it looks like an investment to the other company but the difference is it is a digital currency and you can now pull out your money without any consent to them if you got your profit, also the number of people using bitcoin are increasing and that's the work of halving today to cut the supply of the coins to make it control the supply and demand.

Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2020, 05:26:09 AM

As years pass by, we will be witnessing an increasing amount of wealth distribution with Bitcoin. A few years back, we had only a few million Bitcoin users and out of them a thousand or so were owning more than 50% of all the circulating supply. But they encashed a part of their holdings during the past years and as a result we have more number of users who now hold significant cryptocurrency assets.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: