Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:12:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Air, Water, Bitcoin  (Read 648 times)
PointHope (OP)

Activity: 317
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 06:47:33 AM

Without air and water life no worka.

P2P commerce is also essential.

Past human history is checkered with currency manipulation and conflict..

Enter a new element for humanity; trustless p2p currency, globally decentralized...

Something humanity has been craving since the dawn of human history.

Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Myfe

Activity: 476
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2020, 07:32:27 AM

Bitcoin and cryptocurrency has been filed with manipulation and conflict! We've seen fraud, theft, in-fighting, consolidation of mining operations, blockchain hijack attempts (in the form of forks), and more theft. There's nothing about cryptocurrency that is inherently peaceful or humane.

Cryptocurrency/blockchain offers more freedom to users. We are no longer controlled by an intermediary called a bank, we are the managers of our own financial system, if we want to be. It's in that freedom that come greater choice and control, but it also requires greater knowledge of how the system works and the risks involved.

I appreciate your positivity, but let's be honest here. Cryptocurrency is like the wild west!

amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 07:42:37 AM

Will the capitalism die with decentralized currency? No because most of the decentralized currency were devleoped by corporation and slowly by banks. There will be always manipulation with the price of crypto even though the supply might not be manipulated. There will be more and more entities who will take commission from each crypto transaction in near future.

There is no logical comparision between bitcoin and air,water.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
PointHope (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 09:42:54 AM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (2)

Bitcoin and cryptocurrency has been filed with manipulation and conflict! We've seen fraud, theft, in-fighting, consolidation of mining operations, blockchain hijack attempts (in the form of forks), and more theft. There's nothing about cryptocurrency that is inherently peaceful or humane.

Cryptocurrency/blockchain offers more freedom to users. We are no longer controlled by an intermediary called a bank, we are the managers of our own financial system, if we want to be. It's in that freedom that come greater choice and control, but it also requires greater knowledge of how the system works and the risks involved.

I appreciate your positivity, but let's be honest here. Cryptocurrency is like the wild west!

Sure but it appears that Bitcoin has weathered the scams, fraud, whale manipulations.
The open source characteristics mean that the fundamental algorythm is going to evolve with improving technologies. as we are currently witnessing.
Humanity and the entire planet is in dire need of a new existential element which provides honesty, accountability, and quality contols.
I'm observing how Bitcoin may indèed be this transformative element. Humanity has not seen this before.
sovie

Activity: 1274
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 09:46:47 AM

In short nothing is perfect everything has its own pros n cons including bitcoin. There are few features that are intrinsic to bitcoin only like peer 2 transaction, access all the time. While fast transaction rate is still in the hands of fiat.ò

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
PointHope (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 09:48:52 AM

Will the capitalism die with decentralized currency? No because most of the decentralized currency were devleoped by corporation and slowly by banks. There will be always manipulation with the price of crypto even though the supply might not be manipulated. There will be more and more entities who will take commission from each crypto transaction in near future.

There is no logical comparision between bitcoin and air,water.

Bitcoin is a new element for humanity and the planet, I'm not sure any comparison can be really made based on anything we already know.
My intuition says bitcoin is a complete game changer. (Similar to how Tesla is rewriting the automobile industry)
Cimmy_revenger

Activity: 1106
Merit: 252

Dextrust.org #Defi

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 09:58:43 AM

Enter a new element for humanity; trustless p2p currency, globally decentralized...

Cool
don't forget the existence of the sun.
all need and interdependence with one another to produce amazing things.
crypto and FIAT are 2 different types but are side by side despite a lot of friction.

Soots

Activity: 1050
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 10:08:00 AM

Cool
crypto and FIAT are 2 different types but are side by side despite a lot of friction.

This is somewhat a scientific approach towards physical matter and with human created digital currency. With fiat it's the same with an existence of the sun, water, and air we can see it and feel it physically.
Bitcoin as virtual currency won't be seen if there's no running power from electrical energy, and when everything was starting up at 100% energy, there it goes blockchain network will operates infinitely.
puertorikosena

Activity: 742
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 11:13:05 AM

I think that influential people and corporations are already monitoring the development of the cryptocurrency market from a distance, and as soon as the cryptocurrencies begin to somehow influence the global economy, they will take them under their control. You need to understand that where there is money and masses of people, there can not be without manipulation. Comparison with water is not very clear.
Darooghe

Activity: 1120
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 11:24:50 AM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (1)

Cool
Bitcoin has become valuable over the years, because it was useful in commerce, a peer to peer electronic cash. Now that bitcoin isn't as useful in commerce, and is losing it's utility as money or currency, bitcoin proponents shifted the focus from P2P electronic cash to P2P electronic store of value. therefore bitcoin is a store of value and that it is for HODLing. In my opinion If bitcoin had value because it was useful in commerce, now this usefulness has been removed, but nothing changes. Bitcoin basically has value because it has Intrinsic value, Maybe because for technology behind it.
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 11:32:58 AM

Cool
I think the problem has and always will be automation. The smarter that we become as a species, the more advanced and sophisticated our tools start to become. This trust-less Eco system is handled partly by automated processes. We've come to rely on computers and internet connectivity in order to pull it off. I don't think Bitcoin was really possible before their were computers. It was only a matter of time before some kind of automated platform and system emerged that would make transactions faster and digital.

YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 12:17:50 PM

Air and water is surely essential for all of us if neither of the two exist we will surely perish in the end what I mean is we can not essentially lump Air and water to Bitcoin as a needs it is OK if someone doesn't have Bitcoin they can surely survive but I get your point that many people nowadays surely is treating bitcoin as a sure demand and we can sure relate to this because the era of digital currency had boomed to a different level, just like what happens to mobile devices people tend to depend on handheld devices nowadays.
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 12:20:44 PM

Cool

I don't get your point.What's the connection between air,water,p2p commerce and decentrlaized trustless p2p currencies?
Do you really think that humanity has been craving for p2p cryptocurrencies since the dawn of human history?This is ridiculous.You thread is all over the place and lacks any thesis.What exactly are you trying to say?Explain more and use Google translate,if your english is broken.
Blockchain and peer-to-peer technologies are becoming way more clean and safe for the environment,so we don't have to worry about air and water.

Eclipse26

Activity: 658
Merit: 268

bullsvsbears.io

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 12:40:00 PM

I was reading others thought about this looking for the connection between air, water with Bitcoin. Air and water are elements that is needed for us to survive. We can't live without them but bitcoin, we can still live. Bitcoin is now playing an important role for us but others haven't realized it yet. I can't find the relationship between them. We can't say that Bitcoin can be a new element joining air, water and such. And actually not everyone is craving for it. For us, we want it but others don't want it. They're still fine with fiat.

kawetsriyanto
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1086

Free Bitcoins Every Hour!

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 12:51:29 PM

I am not really sure what you mean above. Your title seems to compare air and water with Bitcoin. But I don't see the specific explanation about Bitcoin on the content.  

Let me try to give my opinion.
Of course, Bitcoin is an important thing for us. However, I am not sure if air and water are comparable with Bitcoin. Not all people have utilized Bitcoin, they have no problem to live. While air and water must be consumed continuously, we cannot bargain to not use them. Once you leave them, it means you end your life. You should understand what I mean.  Wink

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Asmonist

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 12:53:58 PM

Who would have thought of that, right? Bitcoin so far may not be as a necessity like our basic needs because we are still using our local currencies. As to the investment and financial side, bitcoin is a necessity. Just like the days when we all know are what we have usually use or do. Imagine the future of what will the financial society would become. We are in a digital base world and eventually we cannot refuse it. So as early as now, its better to adopt it more each day.

NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 01:06:04 PM

I was reading others thought about this looking for the connection between air, water with Bitcoin. Air and water are elements that is needed for us to survive. We can't live without them but bitcoin, we can still live.
Let's not take it literally mate Grin. I think what OP is trying to say is that we should now start give more attention to bitcoin and include it on our daily lives Smiley (just my own interpretation tho Grin). Anyway, aiming for mass adoption and put btc into mainstream is so eady to say but almost impossible to do. That's so sad but true, however, I'm still hoping that it would do come true Smiley.
White Christmas

Activity: 882
Merit: 258

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 01:36:22 PM

I was reading others thought about this looking for the connection between air, water with Bitcoin. Air and water are elements that is needed for us to survive. We can't live without them but bitcoin, we can still live.
Let's not take it literally mate Grin. I think what OP is trying to say is that we should now start give more attention to bitcoin and include it on our daily lives Smiley (just my own interpretation tho Grin). Anyway, aiming for mass adoption and put btc into mainstream is so eady to say but almost impossible to do. That's so sad but true, however, I'm still hoping that it would do come true Smiley.
That's right your thinking it literally in which he/she is saying that we need to be more essential on using bitcoin to our daily lives in order for it to be more essential to our lives and to other people, we all know that the bitcoin is currently also in the mainstream right now in which many people are talking about it and everyday there are thousands of people that are entering and searching about it on how it is working. Bitcoin adaptation may really impossible right now because we can see that there are still a lot of country and government that are not capable on agreeing on it as well with the cryptocurrency so it would be better if the adaptation will be just start on ourselves.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2020, 03:15:26 PM

Hate to break it, but it is irrelevant here.

It is true that bitcoin was created keeping in mind that central institutions control the monetary balance which needs to be changed. But you never know that OTC deals being made manipulates the market to what extent. Though it prevents corruption, but the corrupted officials would not use it at all

Enter a new element for humanity; trustless p2p currency, globally decentralized
It is not comparable to air, water - that analogy. Those are necessities to sustain life. Money is not whatever form it may be.

No. They were craving for women. Cheesy

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2020, 05:24:32 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (2), The Cryptovator (2)

Cool

Actually its not a valid comparison. We cannot live without air, water and an energy source like that from our local star, but we could live without money.

History shows we used to trade things without money, but this wasn't too practical until "precious things" (rare) came around, then we could trade more easily. The concept of money due to practicality, originally it was the precious metals themselves, but then goverments happened...

The older cases of inflation were very physical. Romans when troubled by budgetary reasons (the usual) started reducing the amount of gold of each Dinar which prompted their hyperinflation later and an emperor even resigned (for the first time in their history).

But then paper "representing" those metals started being used, and the stage was set for the fractional reserve scam.

Bitcoin undoes this later part, in fact bitcoin doesn't even pretend to represent any arbitrary amount of metal, its price is freely decided by the market by its usefulness alone, so you could say its price is "honest" since you don't have to trust any third party to fulfill a promise of value. So while its not pegged to anything, it also is unique and limited. On top of that its electronic, so even easier to trade with.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print