Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:02:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: KNC Entering Scrypt Mining Hardware.  (Read 1376 times)
Sitarow (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:03:03 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 04:19:02 PM by Sitarow

KNC entering Scrypt mining hardware development

10k for 100MH/s

https://www.kncminer.com/products/titan ref removed

Looks promising.

Others

https://www.flowertechnology.com/
https://alpha-t.net/product/viper-scrypt-miner-25mhs/
https://fibonacci.io/
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rudyo

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:11:25 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 09:22:01 AM by malevolent

In for 5.
At $100 per MH this is the equivalent of building a 3MH 4GPU rig for $300, ~7 times less than current costs.

Power costs look to have a similar reduction.

If true, the price of everyone's rigs just plummeted.

The only caveat is will this even be a player by the time it ships.
FiatKiller

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:42:19 PM

Price is to high for most people. They should made it a 50 instead of a 100. I would have gone
for it for sure with their decent track record the the BTC Asics.

LTC: LdxgJQLUdr8hZ79BV5AYbxkBUdaXctXAPi
MoonCoin Gambling: https://coin-horse.com/MON/
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:50:44 PM

Yah this is the "game changer" Scrypt ASIC.

Question is, "exactly when?"

There is absolutely no doubt IMO the KNCs will pay you back, the question is, will the others ship your order a quarter (3 Months) before the Titan, allowing you to make a decent amount first, or will they ship unexpectedly soon and just wipe the floor with everyone else.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Kenshin

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:10:18 PM

From their records so far. They will ship these out and become the first major player.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:52:16 PM

This will crush the 90-99% of us who are GPU-mining and not interested in investing big $ on what has become an increasingly risky venture. I figured I'd be able to mine until 1Q2015, but now it looks like I'll be dropping out by mid-summer. By fall Scrypt mining will be concentrated in a small number of commercialized mining operations (or a few deep-pocketed individuals).

I wonder how that will impact the flood of altcoins? With fewer miners it will be harder for pointless altcoins to get any hashrate to speak of, which is a good thing. So fewer miners may result in a rallying around the more reasonable altcoins with the rest permanently dropping into the abyss.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:24:03 AM

seems ROI isn't there
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:03:32 AM

This will crush the 90-99% of us who are GPU-mining and not interested in investing big $ on what has become an increasingly risky venture. I figured I'd be able to mine until 1Q2015, but now it looks like I'll be dropping out by mid-summer. By fall Scrypt mining will be concentrated in a small number of commercialized mining operations (or a few deep-pocketed individuals).

I wonder how that will impact the flood of altcoins? With fewer miners it will be harder for pointless altcoins to get any hashrate to speak of, which is a good thing. So fewer miners may result in a rallying around the more reasonable altcoins with the rest permanently dropping into the abyss.

I agree that this will have a centralizing effect on mining, but at the same time, I think this opens the door for some of the new generation of cryptocurrencies that are fervently being worked on. I think this is the catalyst that drives crypto-currencies into a new paradigm.
PyroClasTix

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 03:17:02 AM

I agree that this will have a centralizing effect on mining, but at the same time, I think this opens the door for some of the new generation of cryptocurrencies that are fervently being worked on. I think this is the catalyst that drives crypto-currencies into a new paradigm.
I agree that this will provide progress to scrypt coins overall, but it kind of forces the smaller miners out...which I don't like.
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:08:32 PM

I agree that this will provide progress to scrypt coins overall, but it kind of forces the smaller miners out...which I don't like.
Yeah, the biggest drawback with ASICs is that it unintentionally punishes hobbyists that cannot afford the costs of these machines. However, I think as we continue to drive on this crypto-currency scene we'll continue to see blockchains that rely on different parameters that will allow hobbyists to continue to participate. The problem is that a lot of the people who came to this scene came in hopes for quick profit will see that there is a harsh underpinning in the crypto-currency world. And a lot of them will resist moving to another system that doesn't reward as handsomely as it does now.

The way I see it though, it's a cycle that continually grows.
willowfoot

Activity: 332
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:24:25 PM

what's up with flowertechnology?

Anyone ever heard of them bought their product?

sudoku

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:10:03 PM

They are a new company and has not shipped any products.

1SudokuNgdzsYuANDinxUBwKgfyv5cptW
Sitarow (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:18:39 PM

what's up with flowertechnology?

Anyone ever heard of them bought their product?

I have ordered from flower tech.
It seems that the competitors are matching knc performance targets.

As for gpu mining, scrypt-n and others like prime algo's may work once scrypt gets high performance asic hardware.
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:22:00 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 03:43:15 PM by Wipeout2097

Yeah, the biggest drawback with ASICs is that it unintentionally punishes hobbyists that cannot afford the costs of these machines. However, I think as we continue to drive on this crypto-currency scene we'll continue to see blockchains that rely on different parameters that will allow hobbyists to continue to participate.
Hobbyists are precisely the ones less affected by large-scale scrypt ASICs. These are the ones that look and quickly react to the next Max, Vert, Drk or HVC. They are the ones that didn't bet the farm and in the worst case, can see it effectively as an hobby .

Then, I'm tempted to get just one or 2 of those Gridseed units, the small 350 Kh/s without controller since I've read one can plug them directly to PC usb, or wait for faster cheaper ones. I intend to use at least one for occasional direct Bitcoin mining.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:08:14 AM

can anyone vouch for fibonacci? 

There's a huge thread over at litecointalk, dont really want to read through 280+ pages

KNC seems to be the only one that has 'delivered' before and probably the safest bet...

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: