Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:52:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Swiss Mint still hasn't learned their lesson after more than a month  (Read 80 times)
d.kevin29 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 72

View Profile
January 23, 2020, 01:12:10 PM

Roger Federer is the first living man to be placed on a minted Swiss coin. The announcement had an insane number of positive responses internationally.

55,000 coins have been minted and ready to be sold last December. The sale was supposed to last from 2nd of December to 19th of 2019. However, within the first hours of the sale, it was already sold out and the website crashed. Periodically, the website kept coming back online and crashing over and over. I had absolutely no chance to get my hands on the first issue, unfortunately.

Swiss Mint stated that, depending on how well the first issue of the coins will be sold, they might sell another 40,000 silver coins during 2020. The first day of the sale in 2020 is 23rd of January, so today. Last December I promised myself I wouldn't let this second round of sale finish without having an order placed from my account..

It's been a month and a half and Swiss Mint has already been through the crashing issue once. I thought the problems they had last month were a lesson to them, but apparently no. Today they listed a second issue of the coins featuring Federer.. and the website is down again. I keep refreshing every few minutes but without luck.

I guess I don't stand a chance to get my hands on the second issue of the coins either.. this is so disappointing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: